Great songs, Good songs, and ones that'll do.

Hola, I was thinking "Guitar Town", and then I saw the LL and Steve Earle vid. above.

One disagreement with the one below; Nashville does not suck, but then again I don't live there.

Damn, I'm not gonna pretend to diddly squat about classical music, but this has a nice ring to it.

Yes, it's a lovely piece. You don't need to know diddly or squat just enjoy the listen while
- watching the setting sun, or the cat leaping up to catch dragonflies, or the embers dying down in the stove, or the stars popping in to view one at a time ...

Thanks for posting.
R

Just don't dig too deep into the meaning of the word gymnopaedia ;) Might add the wrong spin to the disc. :)

Gorgeous pic, and love this song! Seen REK and Lyle Lovett perform it a few times.
Nice, I'd love to see either of them live.

Another underrated singer in my opinion is Billy Joe Shaver.

"And I just thought I'd mention, my Grandma's old age pension
Is the reason why I'm standing here today
I got all my country learning, living and a churning
Pickin' cotton, rasin' hell, and bailin' hay..."

Nice, I'd love to see either of them live.

Another underrated singer in my opinion is Billy Joe Shaver.

"And I just thought I'd mention, my Grandma's old age pension
Is the reason why I'm standing here today
I got all my country learning, living and a churning
Pickin' cotton, rasin' hell, and bailin' hay..."

Agreed, that's a good one. I did get some of my country learnin' bailin' hay...Was chatting last night over a poker table about musicians that we'd not seen and want to. One I came up with is John Hiatt. He's even touring now but not getting close to me. Another good song for that road that goes on forever.

Ok, just one more version :rolleyes:, by a group I really like out of Arizona, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers (earlier known as The Refreshments). They also did the intro music to King of the Hill...I always look for music on cartoons!:confused::D

"I may be crazy but I ain't stupid and I know..."

Can ya bend them guitar strings?

Last edited:
Pinemoon Pinemoon - Hey, I knew all the words. A great piece of 1minute and 14 seconds worth of music. :rolleyes:

...and so the world goes round.

:) Ray

Pinemoon Pinemoon - Hey, I knew all the words. A great piece of 1minute and 14 seconds worth of music. :rolleyes:

...and so the world goes round.

:) Ray
Haha, yeah, good to sing along with that one! "Yes, yes, and yes!"
Some say Bill Monroe was the father of bluegrass, but J.E. Mainer was earlier.
Love some of that old stuff.

Back