Green canvas

hi Hogs,
Can anyone enlighten me with the Green Canvas Micarta..seem to be there a lot of shades around... how do they look when they new, age or oiled? And they look nice on CF..Thanks

Last edited:
We only own one green canvas piece from swamp rat but there seems to be a weight difference between the micartas anyways and probably some colour variance also .as with a couple of coatings .if its any help to ya theres a pic20190119_204036.jpg

hi Hogs,
Can anyone enlighten me with the Green Canvas Micarta..seem to be there a lot of shades around... how do they look when they new, age or oiled? And they look nice on CF..Thanks
The Busse green canvas micarta is my go to for users as I love the way it looks and feels. DamascusBowie DamascusBowie is exactly right. The recent green canvas micarta is some of the nicest I've seen. It is like a good scotch as well and gets better (richer and darker) with age and use. If you want to speed up the process, you can apply some mineral oil to the handles. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:
Resizer_15517949197668.jpg
Resizer_15547378949643.jpg
Those are two recent Nano Fusion Handled models with green canvas micarta

TGLB with green canvas.
Has darkened somewhat since this pic,now looks like a dark tan canvas.
Apparently this was not a handle colour option when these were made.
This is the only one I have seen,maybe the only one done.Enjoy!:thumbsup:

It seems to depend on the a lot of variables. Batch, polished or not, and what ever is on the handle. I like the green, but maroon has become my go-to.

FWIW, I had some green canvas that took on more of a brownish hue over time, the more I used it, the more brown it became. Just my experience, YMMV.

That’s really odd. I wonder why that would be?

That’s really odd. I wonder why that would be?

I’m not really sure. It was an older batch though, close to when they first started offering green & maroon.
The more recent examples I’ve seen seem to be more green to start with. I guess part of the variation in different batches.

I've had a few greens and they varied some but to me, barely a hint of green but certainly different than all the other canvas mic. So I tried my hand at dying some but have yet to really work with the knife to see how it holds. I read a lot of different techniques people swore by and came across one I felt worth trying. I pulled the scales off a forest green coated TGA2M, dyed them and put them back on - Not quite a year ago but to date it's hel the color great and best of all it's REALLY green - I've went so far as to put on one of my wifes white linen dress gloves *who has those and for what? :confused: * and beat on a 2x4 to see if the color would come off- so far nothing Here's before and after pics.

TGM A2.jpg dyed grn canvas tgm.jpg

Back