Green Para2's are back

Mine was as well and I'm 99% sure I'm in the mystery date group. It probably the typical pre-authorization check that gets made when you order stuff online. It will like drop off in a few days and then you'll get charged when it actually ships.

When I called today I was in limbo but was told that the card was charged already when I asked if the charge would happen when the knife shipped. Probably just getting my hopes up.

So what steel did they use on these? I could have bought one this morning but already had a $525 knife to order today, enough for this paycheck...

Being the paranoid nerd that I am, I had to e-mail Knifeworks to see if I would infact get mine in the first batch. The lovely Melissa May just told me "Yes, you will be receiving one! :)"

Yessssssssssssssssss!!!!

Congrats to all that was able to get one of these 2nd runs. Glad to see KW got to fulfill the sprint run to 1200 total. I saw it too late. Fate would not let me own one of these...

Wow. I didn't check the Spyderco forum ONE DAY and I missed out on this.

While I like the whole "sprint run" thing, I'm getting kind of sick of knives I want selling out in less than a day.
Am I seriously supposed to spend my whole life hitting Refresh on several different pages?

Wow. I didn't check the Spyderco forum ONE DAY and I missed out on this.

While I like the whole "sprint run" thing, I'm getting kind of sick of knives I want selling out in less than a day.
Am I seriously supposed to spend my whole life hitting Refresh on several different pages?

LOL! Seriously. I am still so grateful I just happened to come on here at the right time. I definitely get the whole Spring Run concept, but I sorta wish they would just make them regular production variants at a higher price. But then I guess they wouldn't be the special little overpriced snowflakes that they are in the secondary market. :rolleyes:

I blame the internet. A couple hundred of anything is going to go pretty fast if the whole world has access to it.

But neither would the first 3 pages of people.....?
I'm just bitter. I was actually waiting for this release, but I didn't check the right internet pages during the right 18hour window, so I guess I lose.

^ That's how I feel about the panic buying bubbas wiping out all the ammunition online. Enrages me beyond belief.

I snagged one, will be my first Para 2.

Glad I randomly checked the forums, wasn't even aware this sprint existed.

I was told by Roger ages back that I would be on a list to be notified when the additional batch of these came out, but clearly not much point bothering to notify folks if you know you are going to sell out within a few hours anyway. I live in hope that one day Spyderco will just bring out a regular production version of the PM2 in a fancier steel and green or brown g-10.

I was told by Roger ages back that I would be on a list to be notified when the additional batch of these came out, but clearly not much point bothering to notify folks if you know you are going to sell out within a few hours anyway. I live in hope that one day Spyderco will just bring out a regular production version of the PM2 in a fancier steel and green or brown g-10.

I was on the list too. Actually, I got 2 emails. I got home a few hours after, checked my email, and immediately began to panic and click wildly. Once it was in my cart, I realized everything was ok. They were available for a while after too. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Still, not as easy as I may have liked, and I have no idea which batch mine will be coming from. I'm not going to ask, they are probably sick of us by now. When it comes, it comes. But if they had not emailed me I never would have found out in time, I'd still be PM2less, and all the cool kids would still be making fun of me.

Rasco. All I can say is there will be plenty of cool knives coming around the bend. The newness wears off quickly and after a few days of owning the latest sprint run you start to wonder what the fuss was all about. At least that's how it is with me.

As a consolation prize they have a pretty good deal on the S30V version if you aren't too hung up on green scales. :D

I really like the sprint idea. I do wish that Spyderco would require a 1 per customer limit on them from their dealers, I think they would still sell out, just spread the availability out a little more, maybe cut down a smidgen on how easy/tempting it is for people just to flip them. That being said I passed twice on buying this one before finally breaking down lol.

This was an exclusive, not a sprint. Knifeworks commissioned Spyderco to make this particular version, twice. Sprints are made by Spyderco and released through a network of dealers. The sprints are a one time deal. The exclusives can be commissioned more than once. The first time around it was a limit of two, and this time it was a limit of one. That is Knifeworks' choice I believe. It isn't up to Spyderco to tell their dealers how to process the orders. If you could front ~$50,000+ you could probably commission an exclusive and sell them however you want. It sucks if you miss out, but you don't have to be mad about it, at least you had a chance in the first place.

This was an exclusive, not a sprint. Knifeworks commissioned Spyderco to make this particular version, twice. Sprints are made by Spyderco and released through a network of dealers. The sprints are a one time deal. The exclusives can be commissioned more than once. The first time around it was a limit of two, and this time it was a limit of one. That is Knifeworks' choice I believe. It isn't up to Spyderco to tell their dealers how to process the orders. If you could front ~$50,000+ you could probably commission an exclusive and sell them however you want. It sucks if you miss out, but you don't have to be mad about it, at least you had a chance in the first place.

And, since it is a dealer exclusive and sold out in just about 24 hours, there's a reasonable chance that there will be another 400 at some point.

Back