Green Para2's are back

Under order status mine says "ready to be shipped" and already has a tracking number link. The link has no info though, and I suspect won't until April 1st.

I placed my order on 03/27/14 at 2:40pm and today's status is now showing ready to ship with a tracking number. There is no tracking information so I'm guessing I am in the April 1st shipping batch. If this is some kind of sick April Fools day prank then I predict that it will not end well for either party.

KW probably has the shipping labels run and on the boxes, ready to go when the knives come in from Spyderco.

Nah I understand business just fine. It's more a personal museing than anything. I just think it would be nice, just like I think it would be nice if a gold brick showed up on my doorstep each morning. People can run things how they please. Like I said I actually passed twice on ordering one from KW till now,so it's not like I had difficulty getting one per say.

Actually KW said that was it. They could as I understand it, but have chosen not to.

I suppose it's a bit of a shame they aren't going to commission more but I'll bet that the margin on them isn't worth the headaches of an exclusive this popular.

I got my order in the 27th around 6:30 pm. Afraid I missed out on the first batch, but they did charge my credit card so I'm hoping I may have squeezed in. I may have to call up there Monday so I don't go crazy wondering...

I got my order in the 27th around 6:30 pm. Afraid I missed out on the first batch, but they did charge my credit card so I'm hoping I may have squeezed in. I may have to call up there Monday so I don't go crazy wondering...

I did the same thing aroumd that time, I'm hoping its the first batch, but as long as I get one the wait won't kill me.

And, since it is a dealer exclusive and sold out in just about 24 hours, there's a reasonable chance that there will be another 400 at some point.

Talked to them yesterday and they said "no more will be made and no more runs will be commissioned, these are done".

I wish they would do another run of the M4 Millie Exclusive but that's also not going to happen according to KW.

Talked to them yesterday and they said "no more will be made and no more runs will be commissioned, these are done".

I wish they would do another run of the M4 Millie Exclusive but that's also not going to happen according to KW.

Bummer...but thanks for the info. :thumbup:

You'd think with the demand they'd do some more? I think $150 is a good deal, I'd probably still be happy as high as, say...$175. Oh well, at least some people got the chance.

Yeah it would be nice if they would do these exclusives and sprints according to demand, but then they wouldn't be so exclusive. Or sprinty. If demand didn't outweigh the supply by a large enough margin, it wouldn't be cool and we wouldn't be so excited about it. I think the phenomenon of the sprint/exclusive run is a fun business practice that should remain as is, with a finite limit. This run, at 1200 pieces total (correct?) has been quite generous enough and I believe it's as large as they get.

My grail PM2 is the 20CP. That was a sprint and I'm pretty sure there were far less made than the 204P but as bad as I want one, I understand Spyderco will not and should not make one for me because if they did, even though it is to my knowledge the only production knife made in that steel, it would not be as unique if it was just produced at the will of the masses. It's part of the allure and the thrill of the chase.

With such a great design we all know there will be more sprints and they will all be good. I'm no expert but off the top of my head, I don't think any model has had more sprints done than the PM2.

I was fortunate enough to be in on this one finally. Will be my first PM2. Kudos to Roger and folks at KW for all they did to make it happen for us without making profit the main priority (despite all the headaches this run has caused him). He could have priced at 175 as mentioned above and still sell it out easily but making another 10k in profit.

Bummer looks like I missed this one again. I'm currently down in the Philippines with limited internet.

Wasn't until recently that I got back into collecting knives. Geez, a lot has changed since the 80's and I am stoked! So, I've been buying these newfangled knives called Benchmade's and Spyderco's and I am hooked :) Bought my first Paramilitary 2 (black w/black blade) a few months back and liked it so much I purchased a second one (camo w/satin blade). And then I come across this thread informing me of this sprint run on the green Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P and I jump on it and pre-order one and I am SO FREAKING STOKED about it. Sorry to those that missed it--I'm sure you'll get an opportunity on other awesome sprint runs in the future. For me, having the opportunity to obtain one of these PM2's makes my day and I am going to USE THE F**K OUT OF IT! No safe queenies here! Peace out...

LoL LabMonkey, and I though I was excited, you must be bouncing off the bloody walls. This will be my 1st PM2, I have been meaning to try one for a while now and the words/idea "last ones" broke the camel's back. I am hoping that I really like the compression lock as I have been contemplating the Yojimbo2 and this will probably tip the interest scale one way or the other.

Kudos to Roger and folks at KW for all they did to make it happen for us without making profit the main priority (despite all the headaches this run has caused him). He could have priced at 175 as mentioned above and still sell it out easily but making another 10k in profit.
+1
Roger is one of my two most respected dealers (NGK is another). I bought three of his exclusives with Manix XL the latest. All are great knives at good prices.

Last edited:

Good to know, thanks.

On the G10/Ti Military, Sal posted a couple of years ago that Spyderco wasn't likely to accept any more orders/commissions for a Military in that configuration.

Got tracking number, says should be here tomorrow!

Oh what a cruel April fools joke this would be....

Back