Greetings All (LTNS) And some I.D. help Please!

Greetings Ms. Yangdu and All Forum Folks!!
It has been awhile since We have been active here!

Could I kindly get some help with ID on Our (Willow and I) HI Family? If some of You Fellow HI Fans have a moment, it would be Great to get ID's on the blades! I am kind of embarrassed6HIBlades.jpg that I don't remember the names of the blades...getting old I guess!!
For some reason I can't seem to find My labeled pics...maybe lost when PC was updated.
( Sorry the pic resolution isn't better...had a hard time getting the best focus)
Thanks All!!
Willow and Doc

Welcome back, Doc:) I think the top one is a Crow Knife...I think. I have a similar one with a handle that was fashioned by Yangdu's dad, Pala. Wicked sharp bowie:)

Hey_Steely_Gunz!!!!
Thanks MUCH for the info....
Like I said...way embarrassing that I don't remember the types and names of the blades!!
Ed

Yes, the top one looks like a Crow Knife:

Doc H
June 8, 2009
Could You put Willow and I down for # 16?
Thanks!!
Doc

16. Crow knife (?), 10 ounces, 13 1/4" overall, by Vim. Wood handle with Yin/Yang. Rectangular brass guard. Nice piece.

katz-16.jpg

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/more-hi-khukuris-for-sale-part-2.651412/

The Bowies with the carved handles look like Bura Bowies, and there might be a 16" Sirupati in the photo:

DocH
Jan 5, 2009
Hey all!
My Bura Bowie just came in today!!
One Sweet item I must say...
Now it is a toss-up 'tween the Bowie and the 16" Sirupati RE: which I like best!!
Ed

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bura-bowie.609396/

DocH
Jun 2, 2009
If Willow and I did not Each have our own Bura Bowies allready, this would be a goner!!
Doc

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/todays-special-for-6-2-pix-and-bura-bowie.649765/

THANKS!!!
My lack of knowledge here is really showing!!
I take it You are looking thru Archives?
Again, Thanks to You!!
Ed

The last remaining one in the photo also looks like a Sirupati, maybe it's this one?

12 inch 11 ounce Sirupati by Shaila Kami. Horn handle.
[Edit: the one in the photo looks longer than 12"?]

DocH
Dec 12, 2008
Ms Yangdu, does the Siruapti still need a home?
Doc
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...x-giant-chitlangi-bowie-and-best-buys.603737/

I've been searching old posts on this site using Google.
For example, I did a Google search for:
site:bladeforums.com doch "crow knife"

Don't feel bad at all, Doc. I have to tag everyone of mine. I write down the model and name of the kami. Sometimes I forget to put the tag on and of course I have to rely on Steve Tall to set me straight.
I call him the Wizard and the wizard knows. I think we'd be lost without him for sure.
Some fine blades you have there. If that Bura Bowie ever needs a new home, put me down for first dibs.
Another legend we can't get enough of. Awwwww Bura.

Wow!
Steve, you have a computer-brain. Thanks for being such a faithful resource.
Bawanna, Bura is definitely a legend.

Last edited:
Don't feel bad at all, Doc. I have to tag everyone of mine. I write down the model and name of the kami. Sometimes I forget to put the tag on and of course I have to rely on Steve Tall to set me straight.
I call him the Wizard and the wizard knows. I think we'd be lost without him for sure.
Some fine blades you have there. If that Bura Bowie ever needs a new home, put me down for first dibs.
Greetings Bawa

Thanks so MUCH Bawanna!!
And to everybody for Their help and for putting up with Me stumbling around Bladeforums!!
Ed

Greetings!!
RE The Bura Bowie, I am indeed looking to thin the herd!!
I don't have a clue what to ask tho...
Ideas?
Thanks again,
Ed

I sent you a PM. I don't think we're really supposed to discuss values on the forum.

We can do some research and see if we can come up with something.

Back