Grinder with cutting disks for angle grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it this morning, took minutes to put together.

I bet you have already tested it and found out the same thing

Did it this morning, took minutes to put together.

I bet you have already tested it and found out the same thing
How I can make test without disks ? They will be here two weeks for now :)
How you make test ?

You already showed you have discs, so can easily run a test.

I put several cut off discs on an arbor and chucked it in my lathe.
Just wanted to confirm see how it worked.

It is laughably a poor concept.

We have to many good options to actually try and pretend this is one of them.

Seriously this is like someone trying to convince us it is a good idea to make their own sandpaper with rocks, glue and paper.

You already showed you have discs, so can easily run a test.

I put several cut off discs on an arbor and chucked it in my lathe.
Just wanted to confirm see how it worked.

It is laughably a poor concept.

We have to many good options to actually try and pretend this is one of them.

Seriously this is like someone trying to convince us it is a good idea to make their own sandpaper with rocks, glue and paper.
That picture was shoot when i was in store , disks are 2.6mm thick:) I m not trying to convince anyone in anything , ask just for opinion and as i stated in my first post i will do that anyway ....
On which RPM you try them ? I will need 5000 rpm to get to 80 m/s .......
So what are you think , what I m missing here ? I will do that anyway , if not work i will have cutting disk for rest of my life :D But i would like to hear what you guys think ?
Home made sandpaper ........i like that idea :) I have many bags with SIC for my sandblasting cabinet .

mogxC4c.jpg

gHLYEPm.jpg

Last edited:
No matter how fast you spin a bad idea, it is still a bad idea

You do you.

No matter how you polish a turd, it still stinks.

I just hope some newbie does not take you seriously and ends up hurting themselves or others copying your bad idea.

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith maybe think about putting a disclaimer and warning on this post to make it clear to the new maker.

I think the idea has been discussed enough. Since Natlek is OK with it I am going to close the thread and delete it in a day.

I really appreciate everyone's ability to disagree on this thread without name calling or other bad conduct. Everyone stated their opinions and made their position clear without discord - Well done folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back