Grinding Battle Rat from 6mm down to 4mm Pig Sticker. What does it take?

Well? Have you screwed it up yet? Maybe we should of had before, 1/2 thru, and then pics of the finished product. You know what they say about pics.

Well? Have you screwed it up yet? Maybe we should of had before, 1/2 thru, and then pics of the finished product. You know what they say about pics.

YES he did!
And it looks awful!!!
Tip is gone, but at least there doesn't seem to be any discolouration from overheating though...

Yep, seen the pics, looks like you would expect it to when thinned with a bench grinder....

Last edited:
Confuscious say, bench grinder bad.
But....
I still wanna see I told you so pics.

Last edited:
This one is a train wreck, so I'm with Kootaga, my morbid curiosity makes me want to see the pix of the Battle Rat. (Or what's left of it).

Reminds me of a guy which i once new, he was modding the top end of his bike by putting the top end downunder the front wheel flat side down, then riding his bike down the road to grinding down the top end...

I would try to get your hands on a Sy Trash 2. It's a 3/16 thick knife that's very similar to a BR. It has been a awesome camp knife for me. I have a Battle rat and other Busse and kin choppers but this is very light and fast in hand. Chops great but lags behind in batoning compared to the BR.

If it's not stabby enough it would be pretty easy to turn into a clip shape compared to thinning out a whole knife. Just a thought.

This one is a train wreck, so I'm with Kootaga, my morbid curiosity makes me want to see the pix of the Battle Rat. (Or what's left of it).

Reminds me of a guy which i once new, he was modding the top end of his bike by putting the top end downunder the front wheel flat side down, then riding his bike down the road to grinding down the top end...

Fine!

But if your eyes start to bleed, you faint and damage your pretty faces, loose all hair or go grey... IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!! You kept pushing!

Last edited:
Back