Grips Etc Discontinued?

Got an email from a non supporting dealer today showing major sales on the whole Griptilian line and more, is there a major announcement coming from BM or are they likely just dropping the brand?

From what I'm told the Griptilian line is undergoing changes - changes in steel and the 550 will have a different blade grind.

550 getting a different grind.

Sounds interesting

I haven’t seen any clearance sales yet, but yes, this is interesting. Probably the end of 154CM in favor of S30V. I wonder what other changes: Handle? Blade profile? Price?

This is great news. Now that the base model Grips will have S30V, it means the higher-end knives should also be getting a steel revamp.

I mean...it would be kind of silly to feature S30V on knives costing 3X more than a grip...right?

Might have to get another mini-grip as I really like the hollow-grind. I wish the harder steels would get the hollow-grind. Might be a custom mod for a future knife I suppose.

Blade HQ had them in stock; now they are gone! Glad BM is upgrading to S30v in their best user knife in their line. (Yes, I am a Griptilian fanboy :) )

I hope they're going to DLC for the standard coating, that BK1 crap is horrible, I think Emerson and BM are the only mainstream brands still using it (Cerakote)

I hope they're going to DLC for the standard coating, that BK1 crap is horrible, I think Emerson and BM are the only mainstream brands still using it (Cerakote)

I would second that. Cerakote works well for a lot of applications but knife blades it’s just not well suited for.

Does this include the G10 20CV version too? I see many places has 551-1 listed as discontinued, some also listed 550-1 as discontinued. Those are plain edge, satin 20CV version.

Does this include the G10 20CV version too? I see many places has 551-1 listed as discontinued, some also listed 550-1 as discontinued. Those are plain edge, satin 20CV version.

I am curious about what they are going to bring to replace their g10 versions... :/

I am curious about what they are going to bring to replace their g10 versions... :/

I was under the impression that only the 154CM, or coated, or serrated version are going. Wondering why they discontinue the G10 20CV version as well. I can't see any reason other than poor sales(which i would be surprised) and I can't see how this can be replaced. The G10 Grip is one of the best knife for the money for what you are getting.

Back