Gritomatic CBN Sharpening Stones.

Hmm, very interesting. I'd like to hear some feedback about those stones too!

I'd like to hear something about them to before I buy them only to find out they are not all their cracked up to be,I ask the guy the owns Gritomatic but has not used them as of yet witch was a bit disappointing to me.

Well there shouldn't be much difference. Or I should say not a huge difference in theory. I have the venev stones for the kme and I like them better than the plated diamond stones. The cbn may be just as good as they are similar to the diamond stones when compared to each other on the sharpmaker... But they have said cbn can remove more material faster? I dunno. I'm happy with the scratch patten with the venev thus far. I haven't gone up to 2000 tho. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I'm thinking more about getting these to remove material fast when re-profiling because they shouldn't leave deep scratch's in the edge and then moving to finer grit stones I have.
I just don't want to have to be the to try them without feedback only to find out they wear really faster or faster then you would think.

Ok I will order a few and review them.

I have a Spyderco Manix 2 with Maxamet Blade on it's way to me right now and should get to me in 3 to 7 days and a Japanese Chef knife made from ZDP-189 that has always been a pain to sharpen and these will be the test subject's.

Last edited:
I just ordered a 150 280 600 and 1200 Grit CBN stones and some Venev Diamonds as well,I understand that the discount of 30% is good only for the CBN stones.

I just sent you a message after I ordered my stuff Constantine.

I just ordered a 150 280 600 and 1200 Grit CBN stones and some Venev Diamonds as well,I understand that the discount of 30% is good only for the CBN stones.

I just sent you a message after I ordered my stuff Constantine.
please let us know about this. if you start a new thread please tag me with Mo2 Mo2 i really want to see the results as i will be purchasing some in the future.

I'm also very interested in this, the Hapstone came up on Massdrop and a $30 discount seemed like enough incentive to finally try it out. I've got the diamond set on the way, but the CBN looks very appealing.

Reactions: Mo2
Take a look at what I said to this guy if you want really fine stones for doing a mirror polished edge look at the Nubatama Platinum's and the Suehiro,the Nubatama's are good stones and I don't care what anyone has to say about they removed metal fast from my BenchMade DLTTrading Exclusive Griptilian with M390 steel for the blade.

I use a 1K Nubatama Platinum and they are only 50 bucks each and are 8.30mm thick and the Suehiro stones are about 9mm thick.

The reason I'm wanting the CBN stones is more for steel's like Maxamet ZDP-189 and 20CV M390,and more to point the 2 steels I will use them the most on if they are good cutter's will be the ZDP-189 and Maxamet I also ordered a set of the Diamond bonded stones as well but they will leave deeper scratches and that will make it harder to remove the scratches if I'm going to be doing a mirror polished edge and the CBN's should not scratch as deep.

I'm going to use the Nubatama's on the average steels but also on some of the hard ones as well.

Look at this for Ken's contact info and what I was saying about those stones.

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/uneven-bevels-on-tsprof.1507986/

Just to update everyone I have not gotten my Stones yet from Gritomatic as some stuff is out of sock.

Also I'm getting some other CBN Stones that Konstantin has not yet released other then in Russia and these are a Metalic Bonded CBN stone and I will be reviewing those as well and letting everyone know how they work as well.

Last edited:
Just another update for everyone I have not forgotten about reviewing the CBN Stones,I emailed Konstantin and he told me that the item's that are needed to complete my order are in custom's and once they are released he will ship them,also I don't care if it takes another 45 day's before my stuff get's shipped because custom's is holding it or whatever the reason I'm going to wait for this stuff as I really want CBN stones to try for the harder steels in my collection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mo2
Just to update everyone Konstantin from Gritomatic told that my stuff is being shipped out witch would be Monday in Russia and I'm hoping to get the tracking info on Tuesday.
Also had other stuff on order with Gritomatic from what I understand got taken at custom's and was turned back around,from what Konstantin told me the problem is that Russia and Ukraine are at war right now and that CBN needs to be certified and most times they don't open the box's and this time they did.

What I have are 280 600 1200 in the organic bonded CBN stones and I will not getting the 150 grit unit later on,I'm also going to be purchasing and testing some new CBN stones that will cost around $100.00 usd each but are thicker and also what Konstantin told me is a Metallic bond rather then organic bonded.

I'm really looking forward to trying the Metallic bonded CBN if they will last even longer then the organic bonded CBN,when I get the organic CBN stones in I will test them right away along with the Venev diamond stones,also it maybe another 4 to 6 weeks before Konstantin get's the Metallic CBN but when he does I will be trying them as well and will keep everyone updated on them as well.

So now we get to look forward to 8x3 CBN stones. Nice! Looking forward to the review, Gritomatic diamond versus CBN...

This is a question for gritomatic,I'm wanting to know more about when you maybe getting in the metallic bonded cbn stones wade7575 was talking about they sound very appealing to me as I have knives that are made with s110v 10v and zdp 189 steel all of witch are harder to sharpen steels.
Can I order these metallic cbn stones now and also what grits do they come in and do they come mounted like an edge pro stone,I would like to use these with the hapstone v6 my girlfriend got for me for my birthday a while back.

I just found out about this forum 2 weeks ago because I was wanting to find more stones for my hapstone and threw a google search I found this forum and also found this thread 4 days and have been meaning to join so I could ask about the metallic cbn stones,I feel so blessed to find such a big forum with so much information I wish I would have found this forum a year and a half ago when I first started buying custom knives.

Back