Attention Group Buy HB's are ready to ship

We want to thank everyone that participated in the 1st Fiddleback "Group Buy":thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2v2JYwhAhxurAoi.jpg

There were a couple snags during the process {that I didn't photograph or mention} but overall I would call this a success and look forward to doing more. I already have a couple thoughts for the next one.

If your screen name is on the list below it's the "fun" time for us:D:D:D
Payment may be made to Paypal (fiddlebackpayments(at)att.net), or by personal check or MO. The plan is to ship these with last Friday's sales.

****PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SCREEN NAME W/ YOUR PAYMENT****
Claimed by Scales

Bmurray..........Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
RobbieB.........Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
a2vg1095........Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
1jay................ Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes please.
fatboyclone......Natural canvas micarta over natural liners & white pinstripes
jb33.................Desert ironwood over natural liners & white pinstripes
Nutramac........Desert ironwood over natural liners & white pinstripes
NoRest...........Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
Lady1911........Desert ironwood over natural liners & white pinstripes
dedery...........Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
AZcreeker.......Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
ndmiller...........Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
choppaman......Desert ironwood over natural liners & white pinstripes
oyster..........Desert ironwood over natural liners & white pinstripes
MMatt...........Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
crosier...........Desert ironwood over natural liners & white pinstripes
c_Ctahl..........Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
SLOsmokin........Desert ironwood over natural liners & white pinstripes
newmoon010.........Desert ironwood over natural liners & white pinstripes
nomotorjrr.............Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
David L.................Desert Ironwood over natural liners & white pinstripes

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for participating. I hope this has really worked out for y'a'll, and I'm interested to hear your opinions of the process and results. I was aslo surprised by the handle choices.

Curious minds want to know how you expected the choices to break down...

(No doubt, all of the choices offered were great, but Osage over natural/blue and DIW over natural/white are equal perennial favorites, no?)

Thanks to everyone for participating. I hope this has really worked out for y'a'll, and I'm interested to hear your opinions of the process and results. I was aslo surprised by the handle choices.

Thanks for doing this Andy! Really neat way of picking up my first Osage and AEBL Fiddleback. And I completely forgot about the Natural liners on the Osage, they look fantastic.

From the consumer side seemed pretty simple and straightforward, but as Phillip alluded, probably a little more involved on your side with or without any hiccups. The work in progress thread was also a great way of showing the repeatable details by you and crew that go into making Fiddleback Forge knives.

^ “simple and straightforward“ captures it perfectly.

Turnaround was also more than quick enough in view of other work being done in the shop and my preference for the team not to feel rushed, to enjoy the process and to have the time to make them up to the extremely high standards we’ve come to both appreciate and expect.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ETA: +1 on what SLOsmokin SLOsmokin said about the pictures adding to the experience :thumbsup:

Last edited:

I can't emphasize enough how much I liked and apprecaited this. 3 years ago when I started collecting Fiddlebacks the Friday process was fun. If I claimed 3 knives and scored 1 or 2, that was great. But then I reached the point that I was much more selective about what I wanted, and if that would show up in the Friday thread after patiently waiting 6 weeks, and I missed out on it because someone beat me to it by 200 milliseconds, that was not so much fun (and similar with dealers by the time I get to checkout the knife is gone). I have wanted a thin, stainless hiking buddy in a nice wood for a long time, and had basically given up. Same with a few other models. And frankly I don't have time or interest to do the flea market thing. So this was win/win. I am getting a knife I have 'desperately' wanted, and you are getting incremental business you wouldn't have otherwise captured. Only wish I could have purcahsed 2.

Unrelated (or semi-related depending on how you look at it), from a pure business standpoint, I still don't understand why you don't skew what you produce more to thinner stock and/or stainless where there seems to be quite a bit of unmet demand. I do appreciate that the spalting(?) looks better on the A2 knives, but the AEB-L or fiddletextured(?) CPM154 still look great.

Anyway, thank you!

to mitigate the requests for a specific knife and trying to keep track of that, can I post it after they ship?
Ha! I understand.
Sure thing :thumbsup:

ETA: similarly, also the reason I suggested only a “handful” and not the complete set. But again, I understand.
Given the chance, we WILL behave like children :D

Last edited:
Ha! I understand.
Sure thing :thumbsup:

ETA: similarly, also the reason I suggested only a “handful” and not the complete set. But again, I understand.
Given the chance, we WILL behave like children :D
:D:D:D:D

i actually plan on a blind "boxing"...
-Allen, myself or both will wrap the knives and label them "O", "I" & "N" as we go ( maybe I'll do one & he will do the other)
-Ill attach the shipping label and mark the box with the corresponding "O","I" or "N"
-Have John fill the boxes.
That way if someone doesn't like their knife I can blame it on John:p:p:p:p:p

Back