GSO 2.7 Mockup

I guess I honestly just never felt what you're talking about when using them. There has always been enough handle around the pommel area to avoid any sort of discomfort, at least in my experience and I almost exclusively use my stuff with a bare hand.

My cnc guy has been pretty busy with shop problems but we're slowly making some headway in bringing the designs to life in 3D. Below is a couple of more handle specific GSO-2.7 shots.

View attachment 525296 View attachment 525297

Your handle design is the number one reason why I am adamant about purchasing your knives.

I'm definitely waiting as well to see where it ends up and get one myself.

Oh man I which you never came up with this model. This will be my first fight with my wife sinds we where maried in November....

Oh man I which you never came up with this model. This will be my first fight with my wife sinds we where maried in November....

Many Congratulations!!!!!

on your marriage, not on the impending conflict ;)

Great mockup ni1s! I've made one next to the "old" GSO 4.1, GSO 3.5 and a Victorinox Cadet as a reference.
This could be a great knife for EDC. Fits great in my medium sized hands and would even fit large hands I think.
114BC4A7-311C-4AFA-B552-5FBD76492714.jpg

6200D8D5-5E0C-4E2D-A7BB-844988F9DC32.jpg

Ow and would the 2.7 also be 100% skeletinized or isn't this the definite model yet?

Last edited:
Ok, here is the completed SURVIVE! GSO-2.7! All of the features are accurate within a machining tolerance.

2015-03-24 22.39.37.jpg 2015-03-24 22.39.48.jpg 2015-03-24 22.40.15.jpg

That looks like a very functional small blade, Guy. I honestly don't see anything about it that I don't like :thumbup:

Thanks, these drawings make me want one! Love the contoured handle and the torx screws.
No jimping???

Thanks, these drawings make me want one! Love the contoured handle and the torx screws.
No jimping???

Thanks and nope, no jimping on this little fella. The blade is kind of thin, which makes the jimping less comfortable. Going much below .140" in blade thickness the jimping cutouts start to dig quite a bit.

Yeah, the torx style heads will make things a lot nicer and also keep grime out of the fastener barrels, since they'll be closed off now. They're also almost impossible to strip out. We stuck with the very common T-25 size, since you can pick up bits at any hardware store. They are cheap enough that you can scatter bits everywhere. If we can get a big enough bulk discount somewhere, we might even just include the bit drivers with our knives.

That is just the thing what I like at this company. They know what they talk about in therms of quality, comfort of these knives/tools and and useability. Put my order in 5 minutes ago :D

Looks great. You mentioned sharper spines on the new models. Is the ferro notch still needed. Thanks

Looks great. You mentioned sharper spines on the new models. Is the ferro notch still needed. Thanks

I asked the same question in another thread. Guy said the spines are sharp enough for a ferro rod, but the notch will still be an option because it will throw even better sparks.

Thanks, I figured I missed it somewhere. Kind of a tiny knife for a notch imo. I'll probably order either a 2.7 or 3.5 and a 4.7
Good thing there's not a bow drill divot offered. Never could understand why anyone would want a divot cut into the handle. Could become uncomfortable at times. I mean the socket is the easiest piece to make. Just doesn't seem worth it unless you are really using it for that purpose frequently. But to each their own. Rich

Guy, are you going to make a promo vid for the new 'starter' knives as you did before? Loved to watch them and see what we are getting in the mail :D

Back