GSO 3.5 (2nd Generation)

Standard78

Gold Member
This smaller knife deserves it's own thread!
d84516d98f73792b939983fd8479f3e0.jpg

9bd807730a7a725c2fb71128ef03f4f8.jpg

52ba25a842d21d0f5a939ba62adaf7ff.jpg

bbdc7d68f2da6b11180455a25fa74ba1.jpg

Where's all the love at for the new 3.5?!! I know that a lot of people (myself included) are infatuated with other models, but this little booger deserves some spotlight time.
My current model 3.5 is by far the most useful knife I've ever owned so I can only hope that the new version will be that much better. The fact that it has a deeper index-finger pocket, longer handle and a solid tang is enough for me to make it my go-to most reliable carry option.

What are all of your thoughts on these future 3.5's??

This was the knife I originally ordered for my wife, she is still super excited for it despite having a 5.1 to play with now. I must admit to being really excited to see hers when it comes in and to make shag one in a monday sale

I am guessing this will be my 'new favorite' gso and can't wait for the pre-orders to go out!
A great edc size with ample handle, stout spine and non skeletonized handle, what's not to like!

My pre-order is a Christmas gift from my wife. I can't wait.

I ordered the new 3.5 just to see how much different the handle would be from the previous version.
I've gone kind of nuts lately with four to six inch field knives but I couldn't resist trying this one and the bushcraft out.
They are kind of a "two for the price of one" deal compared to customs. :)

This was the knife I originally ordered for my wife, she is still super excited for it despite having a 5.1 to play with now. I must admit to being really excited to see hers when it comes in and to make shag one in a monday sale

She's a lucky lady! I have a feeling that I'll have to pick up a 20cv model with orange G10 as a backup.

I am guessing this will be my 'new favorite' gso and can't wait for the pre-orders to go out!
A great edc size with ample handle, stout spine and non skeletonized handle, what's not to like!

Yep same here!

That was the first one I ordered of the new line up. It's too far away from bring in my hands, I can only focus on the next up knife! My current 3.5 is still my edc.

I ordered the new 3.5 just to see how much different the handle would be from the previous version.
I've gone kind of nuts lately with four to six inch field knives but I couldn't resist trying this one and the bushcraft out.
They are kind of a "two for the price of one" deal compared to customs. :)

Good point! They're ridiculously cheap considering the steel options and fit and finish. I'm guessing that they'll be very controllable with the new handle ergonomics so bushcrafting capabilities should improve between the 1st and 2nd generation.

That was the first one I ordered of the new line up. It's too far away from bring in my hands, I can only focus on the next up knife! My current 3.5 is still my edc.

I have a bad feeling that the new 3.5 will replace my current edc'd 3.5. I'm excited and bummed at the same time.

I sure don't see anything not to like about it. I was thinking of trying the 4.5 as a field-dressing knife, but a second look at this new 3.5 may bump it into that spot. Maybe in 20CV.

I also have a 3.5 pre ordered.
Really like the 4.1,so hoping the 3.5 will be just as sweet.

Can't wait for mine to show up (this summer?). But I've been wondering...why does the Survive! website still show only a line drawing of the new 3.5? Where are some actual photos to crank up the anticipation?!

I sure don't see anything not to like about it. I was thinking of trying the 4.5 as a field-dressing knife, but a second look at this new 3.5 may bump it into that spot. Maybe in 20CV.
That's a tough call. The 4.5 will probably out slice the 3.5, but can it handle splitting bone like a like a thicker knife can?
I like the idea of the 4.5, but I'll wait until I hear feedback on it.

I also have a 3.5 pre ordered.
Really like the 4.1,so hoping the 3.5 will be just as sweet.

It does look like a short version of the already amazing 4.1.

Pre-ordered one. Couldn't wait. Picked up an older one in the exchange.
The 3.5 has caused me to switch from folders to a fixed blade, and I haven't looked back.
Now I can't wait for the new version. My only minor complaints seem to addressed in the new model.

Can't wait for mine to show up (this summer?). But I've been wondering...why does the Survive! website still show only a line drawing of the new 3.5? Where are some actual photos to crank up the anticipation?!

If there are any made, they must be keeping them top secret. I read that the 3.5 is next for water jetting.

Really stoked to get this one. I got it in 20cv. When I saw the new ergos I couldn't resist. It just screamed edc boot blade. :D I did carry my necker II till it was confiscated by the financial adviser. (She loves the new skins Ellie. I did too.) I know I'm anticipating my 7/7 more but its cause I know I'm going to get way more use and time with this beauty.

Really stoked to get this one. I got it in 20cv. When I saw the new ergos I couldn't resist. It just screamed edc boot blade. :D I did carry my necker II till it was confiscated by the financial adviser. (She loves the new skins Ellie. I did too.) I know I'm anticipating my 7/7 more but its cause I know I'm going to get way more use and time with this beauty.

Ahh that's right! I forgot that the Necker 2 used to be your boot knife. Hopefully the 3.5 and 7/7 will work together well.

Ahhh the boot knife. Always there in a pinch, but never there to scare the weak minded. The 3.5 Is a good size, however the sheath feels rather bulky in boot. A nice pocket size w/ clip leather sheath would give this a good bump in the comfort category. That said the khiadex works phenomenal just a bit heavy for the application. The necker II fit perfect in this roll. As well as the necker, its just not as accessible when reaching for it. No handle and all.

Back