GSO 3.5 question

Did you get a tracking number too?
I got an email saying order is shipped but no tracking..with the previous order tracking was sent in a separate email..didn't get anything this time

I ordered a set of camo micarta handles for mine and didn't get tracking either, just a shipping update. They just arrived and are great! Shipped on April 1st and arrived today in SC via first lass mail.

View attachment 530845

ah, so not just me..
Can't wait to get mine!! I got the 20cv with red and black g10 :D

DSCN2645_zpscys9tzdw.jpg

Last edited:
I have so much envy right now! I have to wait for the starter version. How comfortable does that 3.5 feel in the hand Cham?

Tried to order a 3.5 second and the site would not recognize the password I used twice before successfully. So I pretended I could not remember my password and asked for a new one. Nothing has happened.

Any suggestions?

That 3.5 is pretty much identical to the one that showed up in my mailbox today. Just big enough handle for my glove size 10 hands. :) :) :)
Very nice!

I have so much envy right now! I have to wait for the starter version. How comfortable does that 3.5 feel in the hand Cham?

Fit's my hand perfectly, I have a small hand.
This is a good blade size for me, a 2.7. would be too small for me.
The 'blade to handle' ratio on this 3.5 is perfect.

DSCN2648_zpssedyfsno.jpg

DSCN2647_zpsixxxui8k.jpg

DSCN2651_zpss5ffdrkh.jpg

DSCN2650_zpsbsfgklo0.jpg

DSCN2649_zpsxuy3r7ua.jpg

Tried to order a 3.5 second and the site would not recognize the password I used twice before successfully. So I pretended I could not remember my password and asked for a new one. Nothing has happened.

Any suggestions?

I didn't have any problems when the new site went up. Did your password work on the old site? You said you clicked on "forgot password"?

I wish I knew more, but hopefully Ellie will have an idea when she is back.

Any suggestions?

Generally when you either 'forgot' your password or what you thought was your P.W. 'doesn't work'... you click the "forgot password" link, then enter your email and you get sent a link to 'reset' your password, once you do that you should be able to log in.
Is that what you did?

My password, which I recorded, worked for two other purchases. Whether that was the former site of the "new" site, I cannot say.

I clicked on forgot password. I entered my email. It said I would hear from them in about five minutes. That was about three hours ago, and I have heard nothing. Perhaps it is not automated and must await human attention.

Thank you for the replies.

My password, which I recorded, worked for two other purchases. Whether that was the former site of the "new" site, I cannot say.

I clicked on forgot password. I entered my email. It said I would hear from them in about five minutes. That was about three hours ago, and I have heard nothing. Perhaps it is not automated and must await human attention.

Thank you for the replies.

I had the same problem - website didn't recognize my username/password and the "forgot password" link didn't result in any sort of e-mail, so I e-mailed Ellie & Guy (info@surviveknives.com) asking if they still had a record of my account (my last purchase was May 2014), Ellie responded later that evening that she couldn't find an account associated with my name or e-mail address. I'll be creating a new account for the Starter in a couple of days when i place my order. *shrug* I'm not sure that the "forgot password" link even works.

I think I will try to set up a new account. Thanks again.

ED
It let me set up a "new" account with the same email, name, tel no, and address.

Once I got in, the order process was very smooth.

Last edited:
Very cool. I assumed the pic was somewhere on our subforum until I saw it posted on Facebook. Now I understand!

Just something I notice on my newly arrived 3.5

While in no way a deal breaker and absolutely in no way having any negative effect on the knifes usage/performance:
The logo on this 3.5 blade as compared to the logo on my 4.1 (which is dark black) is rather faint, I can see the "flame/mountain" but the "CPM-20CV" is very faint and the "PH" of the PHT is even more faint ending with the "T" not even showing.

Obviously the issue is the machine that imprints it into/onto the steel.

That is probably what made it a factory second. If it is, then man you made out like a bandit!

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics! I had a 4.1 and found it to be too large for what it was. The 3.5 looks t o be just the right size, actually a bit larger than I expected. There is a factory second coming my way from the release in early March. Been looking forward to this one for a bit now.

My GSO 4.1 is exactly as large as it needs to be a GSO 4.1. It is a little small to be a 5.1 and a bit large to be a 3.5. :p

(I too have ordered a 3.5 and, like you, I suspect I will end up using it more. :thumbup: )

Back