GSO 4.1-new spec

Survive! nailed it again! It's hard to believe they could improve the original 4.1, but it looks like they did.

As well-loved as the original 4.1s were/are I'm probably going to have to go after this new version at some point. My wallet and I keep waiting for Guy to make something that we don't like, ha.

Is that burlap micarta?

I do declare it is natural canvas. I LOVE that shade of it.

EDIT: after taking another look I totally get how you were thinking burlap. I'm guessing that micarta was well oiled and it really brings out the fiber weave.

Last edited:
Silver, thank you for posting this.... I love my 4.1.... I have to have to one of these. I will own one. Wow beautiful...

My pleasure entirely. I've never handled an original 4.1, but the general love for that model is extreme! Can't wait to try the new spec version.

My pleasure entirely. I've never handled an original 4.1, but the general love for that model is extreme! Can't wait to try the new spec version.

I would argue its the most universally useful model! I used to baton with mine all the time before the 5.1 showed up last week (even with a pile of busse to use) and its far more useful as a steak knife than the bigguns :)

I really like the looks of that natural canvas on this particular 4.1. If I was to order natural canvas now would they all look like this?

K7DhyeO.jpg

Back