1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

GSO 4.1-new spec

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
  2. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
  3. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Looks to be a huge improvement-Thanks

4. Doctor Jenks

Doctor Jenks

May 31, 2015
    Man, I'm really liking these. May have to try grabbing one of these when available

5. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Survive! nailed it again! It's hard to believe they could improve the original 4.1, but it looks like they did.

6. zakjak221

zakjak221 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Sweet....Sign me up!

7. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Is that burlap micarta?

8. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Definitely a sight for sore eyes!

9. Drpl

Drpl

Feb 6, 2016
    Can't wait for mine to get here😍

10. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    As well-loved as the original 4.1s were/are I'm probably going to have to go after this new version at some point. My wallet and I keep waiting for Guy to make something that we don't like, ha.

11. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I do declare it is natural canvas. I LOVE that shade of it.

EDIT: after taking another look I totally get how you were thinking burlap. I'm guessing that micarta was well oiled and it really brings out the fiber weave.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  12. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Haha good luck!

13. Anttheknee

Anttheknee

Feb 19, 2012
    Silver, thank you for posting this.... I love my 4.1.... I have to have to one of these. I will own one. Wow beautiful...

14. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    My pleasure entirely. I've never handled an original 4.1, but the general love for that model is extreme! Can't wait to try the new spec version.

15. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    I would argue its the most universally useful model! I used to baton with mine all the time before the 5.1 showed up last week (even with a pile of busse to use) and its far more useful as a steak knife than the bigguns :)

16. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    It's natural canvas. This batch is definitely a bit of a bigger fiber. I think these sheath template handles come out of the scrap material pile, which is why they often look so unique.

17. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    At least I'm saving money on trips to the chiropractor. A flat wallet is good for my back :p

18. Tinbanger

Tinbanger

Jan 27, 2013
    I think we need pictures of the new 4.1 next to the 4.7.

19. hunterjrg

hunterjrg

Feb 4, 2012
    I really like the looks of that natural canvas on this particular 4.1. If I was to order natural canvas now would they all look like this?

20. hLHXWG

hLHXWG

Mar 2, 2008