Gso-4.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I CAN'T HANDLE THE PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it would look good, but damn, you two can't stop outdoing yourselves can you?! :D

You made the first 4.7 page here and it truly deserves it's own page. Can't wait to see how this develops with updates :D

Y'all gotta see this!

Has anything changed with the sharpening choil/notch? As I'm looking and obsessing and drooling, it looked different than on my 5, but it could just be the angle.

Last edited:
OH MY D@MN!!!

Maybe I will put this on my "gift to myself" list...

You deserve it ;)

Seriously, this is my ideal size range for a knife. Looking at the renderings I didn't get the full effect of how it looked with the handle being almost .25 in. longer than the blade. I really, really like it

Ellie, your sheath guy actually just moved in with me. Go ahead and send this knife to my house please :)

You deserve it ;)

Seriously, this is my ideal size range for a knife. Looking at the renderings I didn't get the full effect of how it looked with the handle being almost .25 in. longer than the blade. I really, really like it

Ellie, your sheath guy actually just moved in with me. Go ahead and send this knife to my house please :)

I really wasn't sure how i was going to like the deeper finger grooves and back humps (aesthetically) but forget that...they look great on both the 5.1 and the 4.7 so far and I'm sure the ergo's will be a great perk!!

Wow it's perfect! I'm so glad that chose to order one of these first.

I liked that the GSO 5's edge is a bit lower than the ricasso. This one, the edge might not be the same level as the ricassso after it has been sharpened.

I liked that the GSO 5's edge is a bit lower than the ricasso. This one, the edge might not be the same level as the ricassso after it has been sharpened.

I suppose. Here is my 5. Only sharpened lightly a few times. I always thought the blade edge lined up perfectly with the ricasso at production for most knives.

Last edited:
I am so anxious to watch this one progress. The 5 has been my ideal sized for a fixed blade but I'm curious to see how the 4.7 compares. Maybe I'll grab another once they are available, I know I want a second set of scales. Good work Guy and team!

As odd as it may seem, those new screws are the thing I think pops out to me the most as pretty awesome. I also like how the micarta "pops" I remember Ellie saying they oil them up, I'm curious what they use! I'd love to liven up my old scales like that...

I suppose. Here is my 5. Only sharpened lightly a few times. I always thought the blade edge lined up perfectly with the ricasso at production for most knives.

Wow, i never would have looked for that. Yeah, most knives with a choil and integral guard like the S!K models are cut such that the blade-edge and ricasso/guard are in-line until the edge is sharpened back therefrom... I never knew that the 5 had an edge that little bit forward...

Wow! Can't wait to fondle it!

It also looks like the logo and flag are much more forward on this blade than the other models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back