Gso-4.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how it has been a year + wait. I ordered mine in April a few weeks after the original preorder opened. My 7/7 was started I believe in April this year. That is where my wait begins. The wait wouldn't start until the product starts, I know that's not what people want to hear, but S! didn't start cutting your blade the instant you paid for it. That was the reason for preorder to help build for future endeavors.

I can't get over someone starting the clock the moment they paid, even though when they paid it plainly said the orders wouldn't start getting cut for months. I'm waiting on my preorder just like the others here. I think some patients is needed, and yes its a business involved but we should learn some compassion for the three running said company.

I don't mind the wait, but I am sympathetic to those who are not happy with the wait.

This forum is for everyone, from posters who contribute to people who complain. I have found dealing with people complaining is part of life, And I deal with it. I don't like to read threads bashing the Survive team, I thinking they are extremely passionate knife nuts who are offering an amazing product at a reasonable price but they are not above objective critism. I believe as Survive continues to grow, we will continue to see production increase and their knives in the hands of more people.

Gentlemen, thanks for the support, both privately and especially publicly. We just want our feed back.

And I'm just going to leave this right here:

There is a small minority of guys trolling the forums ... But they've made it clear they are not here for friendship, and 110% of my comments are directed at them.

To all, we don't care where you come from. We are glad you're here. We don't insist you sell your soul, nor do we expect you to swear allegiance to Survive. They don't have to become your favorite knives. But as long as you're here... be nice. If you cannot, move on.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I wish I had a pile of 4.7s. I can't solve all the first world problems but I can try to help! [emoji4]

I think there are a couple resolutions as mentioned. Here is a constructive way to handle a common complaint. More constructive than telling them to beat it.

There is nothing wrong with telling someone enough, go away if that is your standard of customer service. However it's not consistent with the outstanding customer service Ellie provides and the welcoming atmosphere the MAJORITY of people in this forum want.

Anyways here is an example.

Person A "I'm tired of waiting for my knife!"

Person B "Do you still want your knife?"

Person A "Yes."

Person B "Cool, enjoy these awesome pics while you wait."

Person A "I don't want to wait, I want it now. It's been long enough."

Person B "Even if the Post man was walking to your house with your knife in hand you would have to wait SOME amount of time. Decide how long that can be and then revisit my first question."

Person A "I'm done waiting."

Person E "Here is your refund."
Ha. I guess you have more patience than I do. However, how do you respond when they say essentially "I'm still mad and want to complain more! "

I realize there are probably kinder ways to do it, but I don't work for Survive. I don't think it's anyone's responsibilty to coddle people who come to the forum with the sole purpose of complaining.

Nobody is simply saying 'beat it". They're saying "stop complaining, or beat it." There is a difference. It might be a little abrupt, but it's not exactly rude.

None of us represent Survive! or anyone else. We only speak for ourselves and the personal standards we hold ourselves to.

I understand the complaints I just find it redundant to keep mentioning something time and again. I come to bf to enjoy talking learning and seeing knives. I understand there will be complaints about manufactures and products but is it fixing anything by drawing it out days on end? As consumers we are at the mercy of the companies we do business with, and the same goes for those companies being at the mercy of the orders they receive.

I believe S! will show good on their end if given the time to put forth the effort each knife deserves. Before you start complaining just know there is others who are waiting just as long or longer. .

If it's any consolation..

One thing that doesn't get said enough... so we are all clear..

I own many SK knives.. and while the older ones where considered the best in the world functionally.. the new ones are simply the best in the wold functionally AND fit, finish, and strength.. and im talking about vs. Bussees, Barkies, you name it.. I wouldn't wait a year for a benchmade... but you gota understand SKs are in a completely different league and why they are worth vesting so much more in patience. To be fair, it's possible that preorder people have never held/seen the new SKs so don't know that. It's our job to educate them on what they are waiting for. You don't have a buick or even Cadillac on order.. you got a Rolls Royce meets A1 tank on order.. Now, that may seem counter intuitive being a production knife not a custom.. but once you have it in your hand you WILL understand.

Last edited:
mlm, I appreciate you and others keeping a level head here. I've NEVER seen a customer not happy with their GSO. In fact I've seen a lot of vulgar rants get forgotten once the product is received.

I've NEVER seen a customer not happy with their GSO.

That's because I reached out to SURVIVE! directly. The GSO I purchased had an uneven grind. I simply sent a message to SURVIVE! requesting a fix, and months later I haven't gotten a response (not that it matters now). It wasn't a big issue for me though, as it seems to be for others. I ended up selling it, as mentioned in my other posts, and buying another that had the same problem (unknowingly...) I've since found out that a batch of GSO 5.0s shared the same problem (one sold in MP two weeks ago). I even pre-ordered several more GSOs in hopes that I would have a chance to see this "legendary quality". You might not hear complaints on the forum, but I've definitely heard concerns in person, and it's becoming commonplace. Does no one speak face to face anymore? Because that's half the fun!

For the record I also had a GSO that shipped with an issue and it was something I couldn't live with so I ended up selling it. The knife was functionally fine but I am about fit and finish as well.

That's because I reached out to SURVIVE! directly. The GSO I purchased had an uneven grind. I simply sent a message to SURVIVE! requesting a fix, and months later I haven't gotten a response (not that it matters now). It wasn't a big issue for me though, as it seems to be for others. I ended up selling it, as mentioned in my other posts, and buying another that had the same problem (unknowingly...) I've since found out that a batch of GSO 5.0s shared the same problem (one sold in MP two weeks ago). I even pre-ordered several more GSOs in hopes that I would have a chance to see this "legendary quality". You might not hear complaints on the forum, but I've definitely heard concerns in person, and it's becoming commonplace. Does no one speak face to face anymore? Because that's half the fun!

For the record I also had a GSO that shipped with an issue and it was something I couldn't live with so I ended up selling it. The knife was functionally fine but I am about fit and finish as well.

Next time call them. If you don't get an answer call again until someone answers. They'll fix the problem but you'll need to speak with them. About 2 years ago I bought a new set of handles from S!K and I got 2 bad screws that broke. I called and they just sent me replacements the next week. This is how I met Ellie.

Trying to help the community solve a problem, and bring forward truth, is poison huh?

Why is everyone so angry?

Interesting. Luckily there seems to be few reports of issues.

As far as the comment someone made earlier about a lot of people having issues but they're just not talking about it online, I'm going to have to say B.S.

Statistics 101. If there were a significant number of people having problems, there would be a roughly proportional number of people talking about it online vs offline.

Edit: just to clarify, I'm not saying anyone is lying, I just don't think it's likely a systemic problem, not without further evidence. [emoji2]

Last edited:
Next time call them. If you don't get an answer call again until someone answers. They'll fix the problem but you'll need to speak with them. About 2 years ago I bought a new set of handles from S!K and I got 2 bad screws that broke. I called and they just sent me replacements the next week. This is how I met Ellie.

Ellie and I spoke at length about it. One of those things that couldn't be fixed. It's not a big deal. I've sold knives for very small reasons. I'm extremely picky.

Any statement I make will be a stereotype, and doesn't apply to all... I'm sure YOU (whoever you are) are the exception, but it seems to me it is *generally speaking* the new guys who come here having only a Mora and an Esee who cry foul... repeatedly... because they don't feel validation in this community, or haven't learned that redundancy only serves to weaken their argument... it doesn't make it stronger. They come with lectures about how they believe Survive owes them... because they expected shorter wait times, paid their hard earned money, blah, blah, blah. Bless their poor little hearts.

My family photo:
b688660a81b1c0f592e900a0e7c19207.jpg

Then there are those of us who've actually invested time beside this small, high quality company, who've also put some skin in the game, and are willing to endure the hardships of growth beside its owners, because we have found more in Survive than merely superior products.

For instance, in addition to my proud family photo above, on preorder and starter, I have a 2.7, two 3.5, two 4.1, two 4.7, and a 6 on order. I also have two out in the mail, and one more coming in this week in trade. Do I want all of my knives now? Nope... Not at the expense of the quality that makes these knives so great.

I know I don't only speak for myself when I say, there are a handful of rotten eggs in our happy little Survive basket... they're neither wanted nor needed, but it's apparently their life's mission to infect this happy little eutopia of ours, probably from too much time on the Whine & Cheese subforum. Before some of them arrived, there was a high level of camaraderie and enjoyment in my feed. Sadly, a couple of guys have hijacked nearly every Survive thread, because they're not getting enough attention. And it doesn't matter what Guy and Ellie say... they just cannot be satisfied unless their cries for justice are met with remedies beyond the realm of reasonable expectations or impossible deliveries. It doesn't matter how many veterans try to calm them, deflect them, or argue them to peace... They're here with an agenda.

To them, I say, just politely ask Survive for a refund, privately, without any pomp and circumstance. Then, kindly, just go away. Go buy an Ambush knife if you want a Survive knockoff made of similar materials by a decent manufacturer. Warning: Stay away from Gen1... they had all sorts of quality issues with their heat treat... but you can get a Gen2 any time you want one, for a deep discount in trade value or sale, on the exchange... And there is probably a reason for that, but I won't cast an opinion.

But shut up. And go away. Squealing further doesn't improve your standing. In fact, if it were me, I'd move you to the back if the line and make you wait.

Attacking Ellie and Guy will not ever get you any love here, especially when it becomes personal... and I assure you, some here have made it personal. Back off.

Persist, and all you do is prove one thing: We are right about you.

Now... Go get a life. Go play with your Mora and your Esee. Both wonderful knives at their price point. I have many of each.

Cue ignorant backlash in 3, 2... 1.... Go.

Wow! This guy is more full of himself than anyone ive ever heard! You don't own this forum, nor do you own Survive! This is a public forum and people are free to express themselves... Its called growing pains and if S! is smart they will take all critcism into consideration to improve their business. Sending fairy dust and flowers their way everyday does them no good. If you really cared about them as people as you say you do, you would appreciate paying customers taking their time to comment. Instead you choose to belittle! I know who you are and you are a pastor at a church where my mother was on the board of trustees for 8 years! I live a mile from the church and I am trully disheartened that you conduct yourself in this manner... Sad indeed

Trying to help the community solve a problem, and bring forward truth, is poison huh?

I don't think it's the correct usage of the fallacy.

Your second question, that is the million dollar one. Best left to answering in PM.

You might not hear complaints on the forum, but I've definitely heard concerns in person, and it's becoming commonplace. Does no one speak face to face anymore? Because that's half the fun!
That surprises me. I've heard plenty of complaints on certain aspects, but never on the actual product. Then again all my interactions have been online........ but still that is a pretty wide audience.

Seriously! Did I miss some posts or something? I'm really glad we have high standards as far as etiquette and how things are addressed, but I've seen way worse here before and it blows over like anything else without us drawing lines in the sand. Not too long ago in another part of the internet a guy came right out and said that Ellie and Christian should be fired and replaced because they're not doing a good job and NOBODY BATTED AN EYE!!!!!

If there were a significant number of people having problems, there would be a roughly proportional number of people talking about it online vs offline.

I have exactly ZERO hunting partners that use the internet! I have a feeling there's an age gap here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back