GSO 5.1 (and 2nds) just went live on the site

Looks like they ran out of some of the G10 handles scales while I was placing my order, so I had to go back and roll Orange G10, not my first choice.... but that's a very minor complaint considering I just picked up a 5.1 2nd with a sheath for about the same total price as I ended up paying for my 4.1 2nd + sheath.

I'm a happy guy.
It pays to follow S!K on Facebook :D

http://surviveknives.com/knives/factory-2nds/

Go GO GO!
Pick up a factory 2nd. You'll never find anything wrong with it. Don't let the "2nd" scare you away. These are phenomenal knives.

I'm with you Rasco, I have a 4.1 and 5.1 second and can't find a thing wrong with them. Great knives at a bargain price. If you are going to use you knife like it was designed, the seconds are perfect as you will put blemishes on it anyway.

Sold out so fast! I'm so happy I decided to pull the trigger and pick a 5.1 up on the secondary market a month ago! That being said I agree with posters above, I have a 4.1 second and it's flawless.

So were these 5.1's the last of a batch of steel and they just got in handles and sheaths to finish the run? Is that why they sold out in minutes?

A normal full production run wouldn't disappear that fast, would it?

I'm just wondering if I'll need to use a sick day for work when more models are available in spring so I can be on the computer ready to order =)

So were these 5.1's the last of a batch of steel and they just got in handles and sheaths to finish the run? Is that why they sold out in minutes?

I'm just wondering if I'll need to use a sick day for work when more models are available in spring so I can be on the computer ready to order =)

I believe this is what happened.

Edit: However, with the current demand I have a feeling the normal production runs won't fair much better. I know I'm going after a 7/7, along with many others so keeping my fingers crossed.

No, the full production run will not sell out this fast. These GSO-5.1 blades were ones that had originally been deemed as 2nds. Some of them were able to be refinished to remove any blemishes. Unfortunately, most of them weren't. These knives are from the same batch of GSO-5.1s that were in stock for a few weeks from end of July to Sept 2014. They should have been available a lot sooner but the refinishing took a few months and then the engraving took a couple months. We are very much looking forward to having more equipment under our roof so we can have more control over these processes.

No, the full production run will not sell out this fast. These GSO-5.1 blades were ones that had originally been deemed as 2nds. Some of them were able to be refinished to remove any blemishes. Unfortunately, most of them weren't. These knives are from the same batch of GSO-5.1s that were in stock for a few weeks from end of July to Sept 2014. They should have been available a lot sooner but the refinishing took a few months and then the engraving took a couple months. We are very much looking forward to having more equipment under our roof so we can have more control over these processes.

Sounds good, Ellie. You're the best! Thanks for the ongoing communication.

Back