Gso 8

The GSO8 has 8, EIGHT knives in front of the que. That is a long long time, years, by even the most optimistic estimates. If they have a presales on the Gso8 you won't regret having had that money in your pocket for all those years. So look on the bright side.

I think I am regretting not joining this pre-order. I have a 4.1 pre-ordered. That will work well as an edc/fine task/ compact all arounder.

Hmmm, to pre-order a 7/7 or try to get both 5.1 and 8?! I think if I needed to chop, I will carry a small forest axe.

I read a comment or two in this thread that the 7/7 was a bit forward heavy and didn't provide any advantage over the 5.1. (Could that be prior to updates?)

Can someone speak to this? Any thoughts are more than welcome! Darn Guy, you're making this challenging!!

There really are a lot of great models to choose from!

Think about what you'll use a larger knife for. The 7/7 is longer and a little heavier that the 5.1, so you can span a little bigger wood for batoning, but I don't think either would chop amazingly well. The 8 is specifically designed for larger work. It has a taller (edge to spine) blade and might even be thicker than the other 2 knives mentioned, but I'd have to check. The 8 will be heavier and better for chopping, bit not too big.

BUT if you're already planning on an axe for chopping it might not make a difference for your uses.

All that said, I'd still be really interested to hear from someone who has handled some of these models before.

There really are a lot of great models to choose from!

Think about what you'll use a larger knife for. The 7/7 is longer and a little heavier that the 5.1, so you can span a little bigger wood for batoning, but I don't think either would chop amazingly well. The 8 is specifically designed for larger work. It has a taller (edge to spine) blade and might even be thicker than the other 2 knives mentioned, but I'd have to check. The 8 will be heavier and better for chopping, bit not too big.

BUT if you're already planning on an axe for chopping it might not make a difference for your uses.

All that said, I'd still be really interested to hear from someone who has handled some of these models before.

Yeah, maybe I just think the 7/7 and 8 are cool as hell lol.

4.7 and 5.1/6 are probably more in line with what I need. Maybe 4.1 can really do it all tbh.

Yeah, maybe I just think the 7/7 and 8 are cool as hell lol.

4.7 and 5.1/6 are probably more in line with what I need. Maybe 4.1 can really do it all tbh.

Ha! That is the truth!

I'll have way beyond what I actually "need"............. but what fun would that be???

Ha! That is the truth!

I'll have way beyond what I actually "need"............. but what fun would that be???

Haha yup! OK, so what do you think should be next for me. 4.7 or 5.1/6? Do you like the choil on the 5.1? I've actually never had a survival fixed blade of that size before, but what fun is that?!?!

Haha yup! OK, so what do you think should be next for me. 4.7 or 5.1/6? Do you like the choil on the 5.1? I've actually never had a survival fixed blade of that size before, but what fun is that?!?!

Out of the three you mentioned I only have the 4.7 and I love it. I'm anti-choil, so the 5.1 doesn't interest me, but the 5.1 maybe the most popular model overall.

Think of what your uses might be. A 4.1 and axe would be able to do pretty much everything if you like carrying both. A 5.1 or 6 should do many things on their own.

Now another thing is to think about how you want to obtain these things. Each model is available in different time frames. The 5.1 could be found on the secondary market right now, but that new spec 6 isn't even in existence yet.

Out of the three you mentioned I only have the 4.7 and I love it. I'm anti-choil, so the 5.1 doesn't interest me, but the 5.1 maybe the most popular model overall.

Think of what your uses might be. A 4.1 and axe would be able to do pretty much everything if you like carrying both. A 5.1 or 6 should do many things on their own.

Now another thing is to think about how you want to obtain these things. Each model is available in different time frames. The 5.1 could be found on the secondary market right now, but that new spec 6 isn't even in existence yet.

Thanks for the info. Didn't realize the new GSO 6 didn't exist yet. Has there been a pre-order on these yet? The 4.7 really sounds like the perfect survival knife. Although I could use an axe, having a chopper is just cool and I'd like that option. Maybe I'll wait a while and go for an 8 if they ever come back around. I think I will try to pick up a 4.7 or 5.1/6 first.

Thanks for the info. Didn't realize the new GSO 6 didn't exist yet. Has there been a pre-order on these yet? The 4.7 really sounds like the perfect survival knife. Although I could use an axe, having a chopper is just cool and I'd like that option. Maybe I'll wait a while and go for an 8 if they ever come back around. I think I will try to pick up a 4.7 or 5.1/6 first.
Preorders for the 6 and 8 will swing around once the blades are cut. Watch that production schedule.

I guess axes are more "efficient"... whatever that means :D
Big knives are just so much fun though!

The gso 6 has been in existence just not with the new hamdles and heat treat
Very good point. Thanks for clarifying for me :thumbup:

Back