1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

GSO Warranty?

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by BladesAndBarrels, Aug 29, 2014.

1. BladesAndBarrels

BladesAndBarrels

Mar 18, 2014
    Just wondering. How much does Survive knives stand behind their products?

2. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Their warranty is posted here: http://surviveknives.com/warranty-returns-liability

I was in on the first GSO-10 run, been beating on that blade as often as i get the chance, it goes with me harvesting trees for our winter heat, it was a boon when clearing my property line and cutting posts for the fence I installed. I've managed to bang up the edge and let the blade get a bit rusty, both easily fixed myself but know i could have sent it to Guy for refurbishment. Guy's done well communicating with me when I've had questions. I have confidence that he would stand behind his products, but it's been almost 3 years and so far I haven't found a need to utilize the warranty. *shrug*

3. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    You can read the warranty language, thank chiral.

I just wanted to add that we take everything on a case by case basis. When someone contacts us about a warranty concern we will assess the damage and keep an open line of communication with the customer. So far we have only had one knife that technically fell under our warranty but we have done what we can to take care of any customer concerns. For example, cutting through a live electrical line is not a typical cutting task and will rip a chunk out of your knife, regardless of what material or brand it is. We won't replace it with a new knife, but we will sharpen the chip out. If you ever have any concerns, please feel free to email us at [email protected].