Guard father? Guardfather, i am not sure how its spelled

I have recently seen in a friend's collection an out the front automatic knife that does not have a cutting edge, but is only a spike.

It comes out of what i think is an aluminum body and is propelled by a spring.

I think this device is called a guardfather, and i would like some info on its collectability, and tatical applications.

thanks,
mitch

Well, I have the 2nd Gen version of it, you are refering to the 1st gen one (I want one of those too) but basicly it is just an icepick with a spring. I really don't know much on tactical application, but it can be pretty useful in reverse grip.

Either that or more intimidation than fighting use (or maby more of an offhand weapon instead)

There is also a model with a hollow implement, I believe, used to puncture and drain objects. Basically an icepick type implement. Don't know how powerful the spring is. If it is very powerful it could be pressed against a target and fired to penetrate.

) Insert into soft tissue with highly concentrated nerve endings.

2) Stir Vigorously.

3) Voila! Instant Rag Doll.

I got one just for the gadget factor. It is by no means powerfull enough to penitrate from spring power alone but the lock up is rock solid. I don't think it is collectable but don't quote me. As far as SD it would do some damage but I would rather have a knife. I think the best form of attack would be a prison style repeated "shanking". Or try to attack the kidneys or neck but even then I would hit more than once. It probably would have a great psycological effect on the attacker. I mean you got to wonder about a guy who's carrying an auto ice pick. Then again if I was going to use it in SD I would not want the attacker to see it untill after he felt it.

Back