Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Unfortunately, I am not able to post my collection as they are packed away. Here are the Totem and 2018 ebony :D
View attachment 1119687 View attachment 1119686

Special exemption for the travelling fellow! ;) :D :thumbsup:

1,002 pages :confused:

I was cutting firewood and y'all were posting like maniacs! Congratulations to Jack and the rest of the loyal Guardians!!! So awesome!

The work
View attachment 1119688
The reward...a morango (blood sausage) torta
View attachment 1119689

We sure were! :D Thanks Taylor, it's great having you here, and with a couple of excellent pics :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Congratulations Jack on the finest thread of all of em and congrats to everyone else as well! Like John said above, I was beginning to wonder if the thread was gonna accelerate beyond my ability to catch up. Jack I can't WAIT to feast my eyes on your collection. Good luck with that!!!!! Absolutely wonderful group pics you all have posted!!
Please count me in

View attachment 1119690

Ain't we got a fine bunch of folks here Dwight? :) Thank you my friend, that's a great collection right there :) :thumbsup:

Just couldn’t find the pin, but I’m in. Congratulations et al
And growing...Help!
View attachment 1119691

Outstanding Harvey, I think we need to see some of those owd 'uns more often :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Congratulations Jack on the finest thread of all of em and congrats to everyone else as well! Like John said above, I was beginning to wonder if the thread was gonna accelerate beyond my ability to catch up. Jack I can't WAIT to feast my eyes on your collection. Good luck with that!!!!! Absolutely wonderful group pics you all have posted!!
Please count me in

View attachment 1119690
And growing...Help!
View attachment 1119691
Just wow...what wonderful collections! Waiting anxiously for Jack to show his. He could/should probably do a coffee table book, or a 2020 Lambsfoot calendar.

I am In!

My small but mighty Lambsfoot collection!
oj5Habk.jpg

And growing...Help!
View attachment 1119691
Harvey my friend a magnificent buffet of lambsfoot bounty. Very special.
I would have expected nothing less from you.

Just wow...what wonderful collections! Waiting anxiously for Jack to show his. He could/should probably do a coffee table book, or a 2020 Lambsfoot calendar.
Thank you Preston for always being so kind.

Thank you Jack, there’s a couple I just got + a couple more on the way.

Blimey! You have certainly taken to the pattern my friend :) :thumbsup:

But then, so has everyone I know who has ever tried a Lambsfoot :) I don't recall a single person who has tried it, and been unimpressed. Bearing in mind our tastes and foibles, that's pretty incredible :) :thumbsup:

Aye matey... none better eh? :D Thank you my friend

The Best! :) :thumbsup:

I'm not sure I'll be able to compete! :)

A calendar would be outstanding.:thumbsup:

I'd buy one! :D :thumbsup:

I am In!

My small but mighty Lambsfoot collection!
oj5Habk.jpg

Superb collection Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations on hitting 1000 pages Jack!

Before I became enamored with slipjoints, I had a deep, abiding affection for khukuris. These large, curved knives from Nepal were beautiful and exotic. A forged blade, hammered one at a time by smiths in much the same way they have been for generations, how could they not exert a pull on the imagination?

Khukuris are often accompanied by a couple of tools, a chakma (or honesteel) and a smaller utility knife called a karda. Unfortunately the tools are almost always of inferior quality compared to the khukuri. The heat treat is typically suboptimal, and even if adequate, the blades are too thick for their size. They are more of a decoration than anything.

I rectified that by swapping out the karda for my rosewood lambsfoot. My rosewood is a bit smaller than I like to carry, but it's just the right size to fit in the karda's sleeve on the scabbard. It's an easy improvement over the original.

40769266483_ef753ee298_c.jpg

Congratulations on hitting 1000 pages Jack!

Before I became enamored with slipjoints, I had a deep, abiding affection for khukuris. These large, curved knives from Nepal were beautiful and exotic. A forged blade, hammered one at a time by smiths in much the same way they have been for generations, how could they not exert a pull on the imagination?

Khukuris are often accompanied by a couple of tools, a chakma (or honesteel) and a smaller utility knife called a karda. Unfortunately the tools are almost always of inferior quality compared to the khukuri. The heat treat is typically suboptimal, and even if adequate, the blades are too thick for their size. They are more of a decoration than anything.

I rectified that by swapping out the karda for my rosewood lambsfoot. My rosewood is a bit smaller than I like to carry, but it's just the right size to fit in the karda's sleeve on the scabbard. It's an easy improvement over the original.

40769266483_ef753ee298_c.jpg

Thank you Christian, I was hoping you'd pass by my friend :) I was thinking about khukuris only last night, and of course I thought of you. As you know, that was my first knife, and I really should get another traditional one sometime. That is fascinating that your Rosewood Lambsfoot fits in the karda's sleeve :) :thumbsup:

Don't forget to enter the 1000 page giveaway :thumbsup:

Wow! I saw yesterday that we were getting near 1000 pages and then checked in today to find that we'd blown right past it. A huge congratulations to Jack Black Jack Black for creating this thread and to him and everyone else who has contributed to its success.

I thought I'd share a few statistics which include posts up through page 1002.

Number of posts by year:
- 2016: 551
- 2017: 3,068
- 2018: 6,726
- 2019: 9,697 (and counting rapidly!)

Number of active contributors by year:
- 2016: 62
- 2017: 103
- 2018: 126
- 2019: 114 (and counting, I hope!)

Most quickly filled page: #1001, completed in 41 minutes and 50 seconds.

As you can see, this thread has really taken off. It's quite an impressive feat! Kudos to those of you who are able to keep up with it all. :D :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back