Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning, Jack and fellow Guardians! Hope you have a grand time at the market this morning, Jack.
It's almost Friday!!:)

5QTO3KC.jpg

Good Morning Guardians

Listening to Eric Church and takin it easy...View attachment 1120887
Beauty, Dwight. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1120927
Great 1st day on the grid iron!
Glad to see you back out there and good luck whipping those boys into shape.

Don't tell us anything about it. Got tickets for tomorrow night.
My lips are sealed, Vince. ;)

Thanks John, in some ways it's the highlight of my week! :D Having been going down there so long now, I am first name terms with all the traders, and know them pretty well, and we always have a good laugh on the tool stall, with a good crowd stopping by throughout the morning :) I don't often find knives these days, but I bought a couple of files for Stan Shaw, and a medium-sized vice for me, as well as some bookshelves. The bookshelves are being delivered next week, but I got a taxi back home with the vice - unfortunately got a really miserable taxi driver o_O Also, my pal gave me an open-comb razor, so it'll be interesting to try that out :eek: :D :thumbsup:
Sounds like it was a fun and productive day, Jack. I used to enjoy going to the flea market and browse through all the booths of antiques and doodads. But it slowly turned into a place where you browse through rows and rows of Chinese knock-off items and As Seen on TV type stuff.

Have a great time John :) I have a mate who, weeks ago, booked three different cinema sessions to see it! :D :thumbsup:
I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite but at least now I don't need to cover my ears when my students start talking about it. I won't say much more until others have had a chance to see it and form their own opinion.

Good morning, Jack and fellow Guardians! Hope you have a grand time at the market this morning, Jack.
It's almost Friday!!:)

5QTO3KC.jpg

Thank you very much Mark, that's a fine pair there, quite a contrast between them :thumbsup:

Sounds like it was a fun and productive day, Jack. I used to enjoy going to the flea market and browse through all the booths of antiques and doodads. But it slowly turned into a place where you browse through rows and rows of Chinese knock-off items and As Seen on TV type stuff.

I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite but at least now I don't need to cover my ears when my students start talking about it. I won't say much more until others have had a chance to see it and form their own opinion.

If it wasn't for the crack, I wouldn't go John, as I rarely find anything of interest these days. I guess I'll get to see it at some point, I think I have only seen the first in the series so far. Nice pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack.
One person was killed by a tornado last night, and one person died when their car hydroplaned and wound up in a flooded drainage area.
As long as they are not like the May 3rd 1999 outbreak with the F5'S. Here's a local news channel recalling that day. We sustained about $18,000 in damage, to our right, very little damage, to our left, many houses disappeared.

Hope all in the path of the storms tonight be safe and cautious.
Dennis, hope you stay safe. I remember those F5s and that OKC had several just a few years ago. Scary that a tornado will destroy so selectively. We get them here ,but, thankfully, not the numbers and with the force that you do. May your Lambsfoot protect you.:D:D
pjsjr pjsjr I was confused, because you referred to me as Dwight. Of course it’s an honor to be referred to as Dwight. Trust me, others have been referring to me, here, as Dwight, lately.:) Thank you for the nice words. Here’s to Sunny days for everyone.
I do apologize, Harvey, I'll try and be more attentive when posting/quoting. You both have such wonderful photographic skills and beautiful knives.
Very nice pic :thumbsup: Did you do the painting?

Beautiful pic :thumbsup:

Nina Simone is wonderful :cool:, isn't she?

You know JohnDF JohnDF , sometimes I'm almost positive that you're in my head :eek:
Somewhere around a gazillion pages ago, I'm pretty sure it was you that posted a pic with your knife on a fence rail against a wooded background while I was cropping one with the same setting before posting - so I ended up posting something else. Didn't want to be a copy-cat :(
Another time, you posted a knife against a blue flowered ground cover just before I posted a pic with the similar setting o_O
Today I was planning on posting a pic that I took yesterday, with a bird house and what do I see :rolleyes:
You live in the "low mountains" about the same distance from a large town that I do.
You are a fisherman, me too.
No need to mention music!
I mean, this is getting W-E-I-R-D :eek:
Is this a case of "another brother from another mother" or what the heck is goin' on ;)
Anyway, here's my birdhouse pic
OG
View attachment 1120760
Maybe a case of great minds:) that think alike. No matter, you both do a fine job of photographing your Lambsfoot knives in interesting and varied settings.:thumbsup:
Fingers crossed for you Joshua :thumbsup:

Oh yes :) I have a friend who interviewed her once :thumbsup:

Very spooky guys! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Excellent pic OG :thumbsup:

Seems I got stiffed on my new internet package :mad: Still have time to cancel the contract, but they're advertising speeds of 150 mbs, and telling me up to 700 mbs, and I'm getting anywhere between 0 and 6.9mbs! o_O :thumbsdown:

I'm off to the market in the morning folks, early start, so I'll hope to catch up with you later in the day :) Have a good one :thumbsup:

cuvreFS.jpg
Have a good day at market, Jack. That Ironwood is sure strutting it's stuff.
Good Morning Guardians

Beauty, Dwight. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Glad to see you back out there and good luck whipping those boys into shape.

My lips are sealed, Vince. ;)

Nice portrait of that Rosewood Lambie. Same is true about flea markets, 'antique' stores around here. Everybody thinks what they have is special and they want to get 'ebay' prices. One man's trash is now every man's trash!

Hope all Guardians have a good Thursday and are ready for the weekend.
DSC_0316.JPG

pjsjr pjsjr I was confused, because you referred to me as Dwight. Of course it’s an honor to be referred to as Dwight. Trust me, others have been referring to me, here, as Dwight, lately.:) Thank you for the nice words. Here’s to Sunny days for everyone.
Believe me Harvey, tis I who has the honor being confused with you sir.

You are taking some amazing photos of that knife my friend
Thanks Jack. Glad you had a fairly profitable day at market.

Beauty, Dwight.
Thanks John.

IMG_9201.jpeg

Dennis, hope you stay safe. I remember those F5s and that OKC had several just a few years ago. Scary that a tornado will destroy so selectively. We get them here ,but, thankfully, not the numbers and with the force that you do. May your Lambsfoot protect you.:D:D

I do apologize, Harvey, I'll try and be more attentive when posting/quoting. You both have such wonderful photographic skills and beautiful knives.

Maybe a case of great minds:) that think alike. No matter, you both do a fine job of photographing your Lambsfoot knives in interesting and varied settings.:thumbsup:

Have a good day at market, Jack. That Ironwood is sure strutting it's stuff.

Nice portrait of that Rosewood Lambie. Same is true about flea markets, 'antique' stores around here. Everybody thinks what they have is special and they want to get 'ebay' prices. One man's trash is now every man's trash!

Hope all Guardians have a good Thursday and are ready for the weekend.
DSC_0316.JPG
And I apologize to you for my compulsion to even mentioning it. It’s just been happening repeatedly. Please forgive me. Thank you for the nice words. Your very nice image of your Lambsfoot proves that things like Snakewood goes better with Coke.

Fodderwing Fodderwing Now I feel silly for even mentioning something so unimportant.

And I apologize to you for my compulsion to even mentioning it. It’s just been happening repeatedly. Please forgive me. Thank you for the nice words. Your very nice image of your Lambsfoot proves that things like Snakewood goes better with Coke.

Fodderwing Fodderwing Now I feel silly for even mentioning something so unimportant.
Thank you, Harvey, and believe me, the older I get, the more things that I don't say 'eat' on me. Maybe it's a sign of on-setting curmudgeonlyness...that's not really a word:rolleyes::rolleyes:, but it fits!
Good morning, Guardians!
C6LGnuW.jpg
Morning Vince, hope your day goes well.

If it wasn't for the crack, I wouldn't go John, as I rarely find anything of interest these days. I guess I'll get to see it at some point, I think I have only seen the first in the series so far. Nice pic my friend :) :thumbsup:
:eek:
I'd imagine that if they give away drugs, it probably will be pretty popular :rolleyes:

Dang, thank you very much! That is very high praise and muchly appreciated, although in my case I find it very surprising and undeserved.
Every once in a while I might luck out like the blind squirrel. But so many others with such extraordinary talent consistently do a much better job and deserve those words, not me.
OG

Last edited:
Back