Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

kVmWigH.jpg

81702DD5-CE9C-4777-A1D9-C017FFAD041B.jpeg
Morning folks,

I'm afraid I don't have time for a full catch-up this morning, but I just wanted to check in before I head out on my slaying mission ;) Thanks for all the kind words, I slept OK thanks, and I just have a few aches and pains so far today - fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a great day, and I'll catch up with you all later :) :thumbsup:

C6eGkmI.jpg
Have a good one, Jack!

It sure is turning into a heck of a week! I went back to the phone store, I think they must just be working on commission for every new customer or something, because they had no interest in trying to improve the service, and basically admitted they'd told me a load of rubbish the other week! They even suggested cancelling the contract before I did! o_O That leaves me with no home internet connection though, so until I can sort something else out, I'm just going to have to tether through my mobile phone :rolleyes:

It sure is turning into a heck of a week! I went back to the phone store, I think they must just be working on commission for every new customer or something, because they had no interest in trying to improve the service, and basically admitted they'd told me a load of rubbish the other week! They even suggested cancelling the contract before I did! o_O That leaves me with no home internet connection though, so until I can sort something else out, I'm just going to have to tether through my mobile phone :rolleyes:
That's depressing, Jack. Hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Missed yesterday and am now seven + pages behind:eek: I'll see what I can do about getting somewhat caught up, but, going to be gone most of today and tomorrow. Like yesterday today is wet and cold, when the weather clears, I'll have a lot of yard work to do. I may be never current in this thread again:( Oh well, have a wonderful Wednesday Guardians, hoping life is good to you.
DSC_0257.JPG

Your week HAS to get better, Jack. As John Lennon would say: "It can't get no worse"! Hope everything is straightened out soon.

Last edited:
Your posh Jack. Round our way it's just 'the offy'...:D

Sorry to hear about your furniture woes Jack, it's really annoying when people don't give a :poop: about the stuff you've spent your hard-earned on:rolleyes:. Unfortunately it appears to just be modern Britain. My ex has a saying "incompetence is everywhere..." except of course it seems to be creeping into places you really really don't want incompetence to creep into. Like operating theatres. And air traffic control....:oops::eek:

912KVYz.jpg

LOL!, yeah same here mate! :D You know when you grow up, and you start going to different places, and you realise that they use different words for things than those you've grown up with? Well I've never found anywhere else apart from Sheffield where they say 'Beer-off', it seems to be very restricted, and probably a very old fashioned word. They may not even say it there anymore. as I mentioned in an early post, I am just enjoying reading a book about the history of New York, and one of the things I find interesting about historic American literature is that you often come across English words, still in use here, but no longer in use in the US. One word which came up here a few weeks back was 'settee' (a couch or sofa), which no longer appears to exist in modern-day America, but which crops up in this book :thumbsup:

Incompetence is indeed everywhere! o_O Nice pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Oh man - great reading and great viewing. I enjoyed watching Steve take that 68 Mustang through its paces.
I used to own a 67 notch back - then owned a real nice 65 GT Fast back, 289 4 speed. My best car I ever owned- used to drive it like that too - had a limited slip diff - with that and a four speed - Used to have that girl sideways round corners - that 289 singing its heart out- music to my ears! aaaah those were the days !

Jack get better with your back - I know that discomfort very well. Stretches my friend- Stretches! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, stretches it is :) :thumbsup:

Plenty of incompetence over here too. It's an epidemic! :eek:

An international epidemic! :eek: :rolleyes:

Today I have Guardians 19 in the sun on a bed of straw!:cool::thumbsup:

18krd4.jpg

Very nice indeed Jose :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic pic, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I totally agree with Mark's reaction in the next quote. :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

W:eek:W, Jack, you're dreaming big! :cool::cool::thumbsup: That stamp is monumental!

My lambsfoot this week is Cracker Jack, my AC stag lambsfoot:
View attachment 1124434

- GT

Thanks pal, great to see your Cracker Jack. Wright's don't use that stamp much, and have only ever used it on fixed-blades, but I'm hoping it will look great on a Barlow bolster :) Here's a rather poor pic :thumbsup:

LzDnQwj.jpg

Thanks Jack. Sorry to hear about your latest trials with yet more incompetent laborers and especially about the bookcase. Hoping your back escapes further injury and or pain.

Some awesome stag on your AC GT.

Thanks a lot Dwight, certainly a trying week :rolleyes: I had to go back to the shop to get a refund on the bookcase, and they then told me I would have to go to their main branch! o_O I didn't even get an apology :mad: I have a few aches today, but my back seems OK thankfully :thumbsup:

When you read this, I hope it's after enjoying sleep filled and restful night. I absolutely HATE hearing about back problems :( Promise me you'll get in touch if you ever consider surgery.

Thanks a lot OG, I'm grateful :thumbsup:

As a newcomer to the guardians...it's been a good week. My direct order from the A Wright factory arrived Friday. Stag was ok, action good but a little to much wiggle in the blade when open. Not worth the hassle to return so I'm putting it to work.

Now today I got to sign for (well technically my wife did) my guardians Damascus senator and it exceeded expectations. I was hesitant when I first ordered because I wasn't sure about the double bolster. I can see now that I was wrong to doubt it. Added some needed heft to a large knife. Choice stag on this example, very thin, and nicely figured. Blade is tight and snaps open and shut. Joint needs flushing but I'll get around to that later (in the pocket it goes!!).

The file work on the backspring was a nice touch...very impressive!!

I also may have found the antidote for my wife's judgemental stares as knives pile up in the mailbox. I had to ask her to retrieve the senator from the post office as it required signature and as a university professor whose semester just ended...she was available.

After the usually huffing and eyerolling, I got a raised eyebrow in picqued interest when I mentioned it was from one of Sheffield's last great cutleries still operating. Her mother is British (Norwich) and her older sister was born there (a fact she is terribly jealous of). After her ancestry dna test last year, we confirmed she is as British as a jar of clotted cream. Most goods from England are of interest in that family (note to self...buy more British cutlery).

On to the pictures:

That's unusual about the wiggle Justin :( It's worth noting that Wright's website is run by a dealer rather than by themselves, something I hope will change. Still, that looks pretty good I think, nice stag :thumbsup: You shouldn't have to do this with a new knife, but you could try peening it to get rid of the play, it's a pretty easy procedure (I think there might even be a tutorial here about it somewhere). Glad to hear your Damascus model arrived OK, and great news about winning over your wife :D Thank you very much for the great pics :) :thumbsup:

Okay... we're all good now... thank you Flitz :D

:D :thumbsup:

Cool pics of your AC my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Joshua, you too buddy :) :thumbsup:

Hope you have a great day, Jack. At least you have that beautiful DamLamb to keep you company. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Beautiful picture of your Stag Lamb, Trav. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

The sun is really bringing out the "pop" in that grain of your '19 Guardian. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot John :) That's true, and my pal also made me beans on toast for lunch! :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

I liked how the last maple picture turned out, so I decided to try another one.

Another excellent pic John :thumbsup:

Good morning everyone.:)
Good luck on your "mission", Jack.:thumbsup:
RIVtGgP.jpg

Thanks a lot Mark, great pic my friend :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! It’s a ‘19 Ironwood for me today! :D

33558286548_0474c7b4e0_b_d.jpg

Great stuff Ron, I also couldn't resist throwing Lucy in my pocket along with my DamLamb :D :thumbsup:

Stunning Dwight :thumbsup:

One of my own... Ironwood and Rustic Wood...

Looking good :cool: :thumbsup:

That's depressing, Jack. Hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Thank you my friend, me too :) :thumbsup:

Back