Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks Jack

It baffles me how places like that stay in business. Thank goodness your back is OK.

Me too Dwight, they certainly won't be getting anymore custom from me. Things are changing on the High Street here, a lot of places the staff really don't seem to care whether you come back or not o_O

Thanks Jack! :) The ‘19s are all such beautiful knives! :thumbsup: I really hope you can get your internet woes worked out soon my friend! How did we ever get by before? o_O:rolleyes:

Thanks buddy, I was having that conversation before, seems compared to 20 years ago, the average family now have bills they never had before, internet, mobile phones for everyone in the household, maybe some satellite TV package :rolleyes:

A wonderful duo!!:):thumbsup:

2qjydcm.jpg

They certainly are Jose :) :thumbsup:

Atrocious :mad: Surely they're not the only game in town!

Does a pic with berry vines in it count? Edited later to say - NO :oops:
View attachment 1124833

No, but I have had bad service from a few different companies now. I live only a mile or so from one of Britain's biggest cities, and yet the coverage is appalling. The firm I've been using for the past 10 years just decided to cut their service altogether. Hopefully I'll find someone else anyway :thumbsup:

Looking good there my friend :) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've been keeping up with the thread at work. There have been some fantastic pictures posted, sorry I haven't been able to quote and comment on each one. I do most of my quoting in the mornings and the evenings, so I'm sorry if I miss some of you.

Special note to Dave... Glad the moving is coming to an end and you can begin the fun of unpacking boxes. Lol

Uh, oh...He said “slaying mission.”:eek: Don’t forget to salt their fields.:)

@Travman it was so nice, you did it twice.:)

JTB_5 JTB_5 Your nice Ironwood looks like it’s on Steroids.:)

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb Mark, you’re focused on getting on. I’m focused on your Ironwood.:)

Jack Black Jack Black i just caught up and see you’re still being vexed. I am sorry for that. My wish for you is that things smooth out for you, soon.

Good Morning to the Guardians. The most prolific posters on the planet.:)

When you catch the right light, you can see what a Bobby Dazzler, Jack’s knife slip is.
B8AAB036-9074-424B-BCF2-8E088696B7F2_zpshwazlxuw.jpeg

Here is an Albert Oates friction folder
View attachment 1124778
Harvey, beautiful slip, I don't know how you manage so much texture in your pics! Nice Oates too.:thumbsup:
That page was from a "Farmers Manual" copyright dated 1916.:cool:

Next Tuesday the moving truck arrives, Wednesday we unload at the new home :) Today we go to the Lawyers to sign on the dotted line, we are burnt out and not even unpacked yet...:rolleyes: as Winston Churchhill said. "If you're going through Hell keep on going" :thumbsup:
View attachment 1124792
Dave, at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Unpacking is much less stressful (and almost fun) than the packing and moving. IMO:thumbsup::)

Splendid photo and knife Mark...;):thumbsup:

A wonderful duo!!:):thumbsup:

2qjydcm.jpg
Thanks, Jose! That is a beautiful pair you've got there! I have really been enjoying your great photos of them!:thumbsup:

Nothing like tempting the fates :rolleyes:

Netflix? :eek: Zombies? :rolleyes: Instead of baseball? :confused:

View attachment 1124833
Great pic, OG!:thumbsup:

Beautiful, Barry!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice Barry :) :thumbsup:

I'll be up early in the morning (earlier than usual) to head down to my local market. Think I'm going to carry my ebony '18 with me :) Have a good evening Guardians, and a great day tomorrow :thumbsup:

pIgkUcl.jpg
Great photo, Jack! Love the Ebony.:cool::cool:

Morning folks,

I'm afraid I don't have time for a full catch-up this morning, but I just wanted to check in before I head out on my slaying mission ;) Thanks for all the kind words, I slept OK thanks, and I just have a few aches and pains so far today - fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a great day, and I'll catch up with you all later :) :thumbsup:

C6eGkmI.jpg
Sorry to hear you're getting beat up some, but I know you'll come out Vicious um...Victorious!! :cool::thumbsup: But what a dandy Lamb to help you through the pain and the stupid people!
One side just as great as the other:):thumbsup:
Love how the sun really shows off the grain!! ;):thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians

I liked how the last maple picture turned out, so I decided to try another one.
Most excellent trademark theme you're developing there, John!!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning everyone.:)
Good luck on your "mission", Jack.:thumbsup:
RIVtGgP.jpg
Very cool shot, Mark!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians! It’s a ‘19 Ironwood for me today! :D

33558286548_0474c7b4e0_b_d.jpg
Gotta agree, the Ironwood laid on the old wood with dark vains just make it stand out!:eek::thumbsup:
Another wonderful example, Dwight!:):thumbsup:
It sure is turning into a heck of a week! I went back to the phone store, I think they must just be working on commission for every new customer or something, because they had no interest in trying to improve the service, and basically admitted they'd told me a load of rubbish the other week! They even suggested cancelling the contract before I did! o_O That leaves me with no home internet connection though, so until I can sort something else out, I'm just going to have to tether through my mobile phone :rolleyes:
I think Stupid is contagious these days, and so many people are so unwilling to make things right for the customers! Unreasonable people make life so difficult!:mad:
One of my own... Ironwood and Rustic Wood...
And what a beauty it is, Mr. John!!
Missed yesterday and am now seven + pages behind:eek: I'll see what I can do about getting somewhat caught up, but, going to be gone most of today and tomorrow. Like yesterday today is wet and cold, when the weather clears, I'll have a lot of yard work to do. I may be never current in this thread again:( Oh well, have a wonderful Wednesday Guardians, hoping life is good to you.
DSC_0257.JPG
I'm right there with you, Preston, can't catch up and keep up.
But glad I got to see your post, most excellent!!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning, Guardians!
k5KS6uw.jpg

1w83DRq.jpg

I love baseball cards. They pack tons of stats on the back.
Have a great Wednesday, everyone!
Such wonderful stag on that one, Vince!:):thumbsup:
View attachment 1124743 Some quick maintenance. Some linseed oil on the ebony, new edge and polished the bolsters on my Saturday! With a yellow rose of California
Just beautiful, Taylor, brings a tear to my eyes!
The flower is nice too!:D:thumbsup:
Uh, oh...He said “slaying mission.”:eek: Don’t forget to salt their fields.:)

@Travman it was so nice, you did it twice.:)

JTB_5 JTB_5 Your nice Ironwood looks like it’s on Steroids.:)

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb Mark, you’re focused on getting on. I’m focused on your Ironwood.:)

Jack Black Jack Black i just caught up and see you’re still being vexed. I am sorry for that. My wish for you is that things smooth out for you, soon.

Good Morning to the Guardians. The most prolific posters on the planet.:)

When you catch the right light, you can see what a Bobby Dazzler, Jack’s knife slip is.
B8AAB036-9074-424B-BCF2-8E088696B7F2_zpshwazlxuw.jpeg

Here is an Albert Oates friction folder
View attachment 1124778
Very nice, Harvey! Really love that one! Great foto of it.:cool::thumbsup:
Next Tuesday the moving truck arrives, Wednesday we unload at the new home :) Today we go to the Lawyers to sign on the dotted line, we are burnt out and not even unpacked yet...:rolleyes: as Winston Churchhill said. "If you're going through Hell keep on going" :thumbsup:
View attachment 1124792
Hope you get settled in well, no pain or broken family heirlooms!
SHARP looking blade you have there, Dave!!:):thumbsup: Great looker!

Nothing like tempting the fates :rolleyes:

Netflix? :eek: Zombies? :rolleyes: Instead of baseball? :confused:

View attachment 1124833
I would say....great shot, OG!;):thumbsup:
Another wonderful wood-on-wood shot, Barry!:cool::thumbsup:
Very nice Barry :) :thumbsup:

I'll be up early in the morning (earlier than usual) to head down to my local market. Think I'm going to carry my ebony '18 with me :) Have a good evening Guardians, and a great day tomorrow :thumbsup:

pIgkUcl.jpg
Such a grand and calming photo, Jack!!:):thumbsup:
She's got her first signs of graceful aging appearing, and I love it.

hBOwiB8.jpg
Shows the love you're giving her!:D:thumbsup: Great Keyboard Knife!
Mine today...
P9FSPF7.jpg

Sorry to hear you're getting beat up some, but I know you'll come out Vicious um...Victorious!! :cool::thumbsup: But what a dandy Lamb to help you through the pain and the stupid people!

One side just as great as the other:):thumbsup:

Love how the sun really shows off the grain!! ;):thumbsup:

Most excellent trademark theme you're developing there, John!!:cool::thumbsup:

Very cool shot, Mark!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gotta agree, the Ironwood laid on the old wood with dark vains just make it stand out!:eek::thumbsup:

Another wonderful example, Dwight!:):thumbsup:

I think Stupid is contagious these days, and so many people are so unwilling to make things right for the customers! Unreasonable people make life so difficult!:mad:

And what a beauty it is, Mr. John!!

I'm right there with you, Preston, can't catch up and keep up.
But glad I got to see your post, most excellent!!:cool::thumbsup:

Such wonderful stag on that one, Vince!:):thumbsup:

Just beautiful, Taylor, brings a tear to my eyes!
The flower is nice too!:D:thumbsup:

Very nice, Harvey! Really love that one! Great foto of it.:cool::thumbsup:

Hope you get settled in well, no pain or broken family heirlooms!
SHARP looking blade you have there, Dave!!:):thumbsup: Great looker!

I would say....great shot, OG!;):thumbsup:

Another wonderful wood-on-wood shot, Barry!:cool::thumbsup:

Such a grand and calming photo, Jack!!:):thumbsup:

Shows the love you're giving her!:D:thumbsup: Great Keyboard Knife!
Mine today...
P9FSPF7.jpg
Thanks Mitch!

Back