1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 21 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Megatherium, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Good morning Guardians! Here's to a most English pattern on this, the most English of numbers (page numbers that is).

:thumbsup:

2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    1215 is good too.

Jack Black likes this.
  3. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks, Harvey @cigarrodog! Willem has been nothing but outstanding. He's even allowed me to pester him with questions about his knife-making methods.

I used my K'roo Lambsfoot to cut up my large granny smith apple at lunch. Despite its thick blade stock and wedge-like flat grind, it sliced quite well due to a very fine secondary bevel and a good thin profile behind the edge. The feel in hand is great! I've got a GEC linen micarta, but it has a different polish than this K'roo. The GEC seems to be more highly polished, whereas the K'roo is more "satin," which leaves it a little grippier in hand. The ergonomics are simply superb. Just what you would expect from a custom knife.

4. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    1066, 1215, 1588, 1611...the list goes on and on. Busy people those English.

5. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Welcome, mate. I joined about a year ago, and I really enjoy the ability to post photographs. Didn't know how at first, but a member told me how using a computer. I post almost exclusively now with my iPhone. It's easier than I thought it would be. If you stick around and decide to get a paid membership (well worth the minimal cost), I could send you a detailed private message showing you how to post pictures with a smartphone if you decide you want to.
    Cheers!
    Vince
    P.S. It looks like we share a birthday (different year).

6. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    @cudgee Been there, done that :(
    Here's a link that explains a pretty straight forward method on how to use Imgur which is used by many CLICK HERE
    And here's one that lists the benefits of the different paid membership levels CLICK HERE

Good morning, everyone - hope your Wednesday is (or was) a good one.
    Just sittin' here, waiting for my Levis to finish spinnin' round in the dryer.
    Kinda dreary here today, looks like it's thinking of dropping some rain :eek: If so, I hope it's a quick one and is clear for the planned trip up to Yosemite with my daughter and grandkids on Friday :oops: Hope I didn't just jinx it :rolleyes:
    Great pics from many (as usual). Thanks to all for sharing :thumbsup:
    Enjoyed seeing it again, thanks

Always like seeing your Lam Jack :thumbsup:

It's a beaut :cool:

Cool name for a very cool knife :thumbsup:

Love the contrast!
    GREAT pic :cool:
    That stag is lookin' GOOD :thumbsup:

So that's what you do when you're supposed to be using that shovel in the background :rolleyes:

Great, now I'm hungry - thanks :rolleyes:
    I was gong to say something else, but I can't remember what it was :oops:
    Well, the buzzer just went off so it's time to go and put my pants on, which is a good thing 'cause it's starting to get a little chilly.
    OG
    ps I was gonna add a pic but there seems to be a site prob right now :oops:

mitch4ging, dc50, Cambertree and 10 others like this.
  7. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, fellas!

8. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Now that is a real taste treat! Well done Harvey

cigarrodog, Prester John and tmd_87 like this.
  9. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    OK, if it won't let me edit a pic into my other post, I'll just put up another another one :eek: Yeah, that'll show 'em :rolleyes:
    0504191057bAA_1024_720_.jpg

mitch4ging, dc50, pjsjr and 15 others like this.
  10. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Aye the 500 new houses on the outskirts doesn't help. Shipping in the riff raff from Leeds apparently... :D
    The sort of folk who don't need local shops, a local livestock market or old pubs. :rolleyes:

Aye, keeping all them colonials under the thumb was real hard work. :D

Well just lost a big multi-quote so great knives everyone. Especially the old Sheffield folders Harvey, Jack and Mike have posted. :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging, dc50, Cambertree and 10 others like this.
  11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you. :)

Very nice picture and knife. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Two bolster beauty. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Very nice picture of your horn and malt. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

12. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Now I have two Guardians 18 and 19, and the 18 is now in my pocket.
    Therefore, my herd has already grown one more unit!!!;):thumbsup:

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Preston.

@OLd_gUY Thank you OG. Your Senator against the red background makes for a wonderful image.:thumbsup:

@donn Thank you David. That Stout looks tasty. As a matter of fact, so does the whole scene.:thumbsup:

@Pt-Luso Your collection of Lambsfoot knives is quite nice, José.:thumbsup:

mitch4ging likes this.
  14. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the kind words Harvey! :) Your AC is also special and your photo made me hungry! :)

Thanks for the compliment OG! :)

That is a beautiful Lambsfoot OG! :)

That’s a great family photo Jose! :thumbsup: :)

pjsjr, cigarrodog and tmd_87 like this.
  15. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    Very nice flock, José :thumbsup:

16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks GT (Lucy is blusing - just a little ;)) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, your ebony '18 is looking crisp :) :thumbsup:

Thank you John :) I find Wright's two blade has overly strong pulls,particularly on the pen blade, but there are some nice older models :thumbsup:

Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Wow Joshua, that's really special :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Preston, I'm struggling, and my work is suffering if I'm honest, and I don't get a lot of time for the other Porch threads. I'll stick with it as long as I can though, it's great to see this thread so active and healthy :thumbsup: Those winds sound bitter! Great seasonal pic there though :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D That's an incredible pic Dwight :cool: :thumbsup:

Looking good Taylr, enjoy your 'weekend' ;) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D When I joined I never even thought of using another name - I'm not that bright! :rolleyes: I eventually added a location to try and reduce the amount of messages I used to get from the young 'uns in General wanting me to introduce them to Sarah Michelle Geller, etc :confused: :rolleyes: Nice pic of your AC Vince :thumbsup:

Great pic Kevin :D :cool: :thumbsup:

See: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guardians-of-the-lambsfoot.1406735/page-998#post-18973811 :thumbsup:

Hey, no worries Travis :) I was gifted my first Gold Membership, and have renewed it ever since. I think a paid membership is a good deal :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words Harvey, but you're snapping up far more lovely old Lambsfoot knives than me my friend :)

Thanks, I hope you read up on the Battle of Stamford Bridge too :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Christian :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, and those are just my snack times! ;) :D :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, Cambertree, donn and 8 others like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Enjoy Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Yep, I think we've all been there :) I think I'd been a member a couple of years before I posted a pic :rolleyes: They sure make a big difference though, and I don't think the standard of photography has ever been higher than it is now :) Thanks for the helpful links OG :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment OG, hope you have a great trip to Yosemite :thumbsup:

That pic was definitely worth waiting for :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, we've got plenty of those types David! :rolleyes: Smashing pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Great pic of your growing flock Jose :) :thumbsup:

Cambertree, donn, JTB_5 and 6 others like this.
  18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I nearly lost the second half of my post there! o_O Hope everyone has had a good day. I'm not far off hitting the hay here, as I have an early appointment with my pals in the market tomorrow ;) Going to be taking Lucy with me :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, dc50, pjsjr and 15 others like this.
  19. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    Thanks, Harvey. That's part of the scroll work on a pre-civil war sideboard that belonged to my Mom.

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  20. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Awww... So that's a no-go on introducing me to Buffy??? :(