Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

That is the one I take out on Saturday nights. :D
You're right about the glasses, they came from the same empire of dirt. :D

Lamb Jack is looking dapper as ever. :thumbsup:

and one from the Lambsfoot photo archive.
42619846400_57bd2f285d_h.jpg

Have a great day Guardians!

Nice to see another two bolster here!

[QUOTE="5K Qs, post:
Congrats, Harvey! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: That blade stamp is certainly appropriate for you: you're an impressive lambsfoot hunter! ;):cool:
One of my favorite things about BF is witnessing members' enthusiasm for their knives!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
- GT[/QUOTE]

“Lambsfoot Hunter” Thank you GT, I like that...But I can’t hold a candle(or Lambsfoot) to our Jack Black Jack Black He’s the undisputed King of the Lambsfoot.:) Also thank you for the kind words.

Not only do AI love your taste and dedication to your knife choices, but also notice and appreciate your use of light in your images. Your beautiful Lam Jack is a great example.:thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black That’s a lovely TEW. FYI...I finally understood the 1066 Battle of Hastings.:)

Half/Stop Half/Stop There’s just something special about your Ebony Lambsfoot.

JohnDF JohnDF Great arrangement of your Lambsfoot, John

JTB_5 JTB_5 - A couple of stunners in your hand. Willem made you a wonderful Lambsfoot. He’s a fine gentleman.

@psjr Thank you Preston. A fine image of your Ironwood in the thick of things.

@Fodderwing - A killer image of your Lambsfoot, Dwight.

tmd_87 tmd_87 Taylor, I always love the patina that you create.

Prester John Prester John Your AC really pops in your image.

Jordan@DLT Jordan@DLT I love everything about the Senator.

Good Morning Guardians.
A9A3D4DB-9C2D-40AC-9318-5F3962AFD315.jpeg

Thanks, Harvey cigarrodog cigarrodog ! Willem has been nothing but outstanding. He's even allowed me to pester him with questions about his knife-making methods.

I used my K'roo Lambsfoot to cut up my large granny smith apple at lunch. Despite its thick blade stock and wedge-like flat grind, it sliced quite well due to a very fine secondary bevel and a good thin profile behind the edge. The feel in hand is great! I've got a GEC linen micarta, but it has a different polish than this K'roo. The GEC seems to be more highly polished, whereas the K'roo is more "satin," which leaves it a little grippier in hand. The ergonomics are simply superb. Just what you would expect from a custom knife.

Thanks mate. Just finding my way around the forum, but i am a complete hack when it comes to computers so finding it a bit confusing. YES i do have a Lambsfoot but cannot post a picture because i have no idea. Thank you for your kind words and humor.:thumbsup:
Welcome, mate. I joined about a year ago, and I really enjoy the ability to post photographs. Didn't know how at first, but a member told me how using a computer. I post almost exclusively now with my iPhone. It's easier than I thought it would be. If you stick around and decide to get a paid membership (well worth the minimal cost), I could send you a detailed private message showing you how to post pictures with a smartphone if you decide you want to.
Cheers!
Vince
P.S. It looks like we share a birthday (different year).

Thanks mate. Just finding my way around the forum, but i am a complete hack when it comes to computers so finding it a bit confusing. YES i do have a Lambsfoot but cannot post a picture because i have no idea. Thank you for your kind words and humor.:thumbsup:

My friend, you lost me when you said-in terms of posting pics. You may as well been talking Swaheli after that, but i thank you for all your help, but it is wasted on me.
@cudgee Been there, done that :(
Here's a link that explains a pretty straight forward method on how to use Imgur which is used by many CLICK HERE
And here's one that lists the benefits of the different paid membership levels CLICK HERE

Good morning, everyone - hope your Wednesday is (or was) a good one.
Just sittin' here, waiting for my Levis to finish spinnin' round in the dryer.
Kinda dreary here today, looks like it's thinking of dropping some rain :eek: If so, I hope it's a quick one and is clear for the planned trip up to Yosemite with my daughter and grandkids on Friday :oops: Hope I didn't just jinx it :rolleyes:
Great pics from many (as usual). Thanks to all for sharing :thumbsup:
I haven't carried this TEW in a while, so thought I'd take it out for a spin :thumbsup:

FRWgteS.jpg
Enjoyed seeing it again, thanks

Always like seeing your Lam Jack :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) Today I’ve got an Ebony ‘18 with me! :)

43486918111_660279fc2b_b_d.jpg
It's a beaut :cool:

Thank you all! GT, I'm going to have to adopt "Little Big Horn" because it just makes sense!

View attachment 1128690 View attachment 1128691
Cool name for a very cool knife :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, I find it simply amazing that you are able to keep up and with the posts in this thread and add the personal and historical points. Many thanks again for all that you do!

IMG_1124.JPG
Love the contrast!
GREAT pic :cool:
Rainy Northern California spring day
View attachment 1128716
Nice pic, hope the rain stays up north ;)
Ebony 18 in the pocket. It's my Friday!!!!

l7SaYiA.jpg

Good morning, Guardians!
That stag is lookin' GOOD :thumbsup:

So that's what you do when you're supposed to be using that shovel in the background :rolleyes:

Great, now I'm hungry - thanks :rolleyes:
I was gong to say something else, but I can't remember what it was :oops:
Well, the buzzer just went off so it's time to go and put my pants on, which is a good thing 'cause it's starting to get a little chilly.
OG
ps I was gonna add a pic but there seems to be a site prob right now :oops:

mmY63Am.jpg

LOL! :D I still didn't! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Yes, a real shame David :( The last couple of times I was in Malton, I was just passing through, but when I last visited properly, I noticed a few of the old pubs had closed. The place is definitely seeing gentrification. A good rail connection can be a curse to a small town these days, as well as a blessing :thumbsdown:

ccqcvWq.jpg

Aye the 500 new houses on the outskirts doesn't help. Shipping in the riff raff from Leeds apparently... :D
The sort of folk who don't need local shops, a local livestock market or old pubs. :rolleyes:

1066, 1215, 1588, 1611...the list goes on and on. Busy people those English.

Aye, keeping all them colonials under the thumb was real hard work. :D

Well just lost a big multi-quote so great knives everyone. Especially the old Sheffield folders Harvey, Jack and Mike have posted. :thumbsup:
oPmAPfY.jpg

Half/Stop Half/Stop There’s just something special about your Ebony Lambsfoot.

Good Morning Guardians.
a9a3d4db-9c2d-40ac-9318-5f3962afd315-jpeg.1128840
Thanks for the kind words Harvey! :) Your AC is also special and your photo made me hungry! :)

Thanks for the compliment OG! :)

OK, if it won't let me edit a pic into my other post, I'll just put up another another one :eek: Yeah, that'll show 'em :rolleyes:

View attachment 1128902
That is a beautiful Lambsfoot OG! :)

Now I have two Guardians 18 and 19, and the 18 is now in my pocket.
Therefore, my herd has already grown one more unit!!!;):thumbsup:

25hzprc.jpg
25ppocx.jpg
That’s a great family photo Jose! :thumbsup: :)

Lucy certainly looks good enough to be a movie star, Jack!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks GT (Lucy is blusing - just a little ;)) :thumbsup:

Jack I hope the medical appointments went well. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Looks like spring has finally arrived! :thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Thanks for the fascinating and historically informative post, Jack. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Lam Jack again:
View attachment 1128664

Thank you my friend :) Reasonable :thumbsup: The weather has been good this week, but is set to worsen for the weekend o_O

I'm glad it was of interest :thumbsup:

Great patina on your Lam Jack GT :thumbsup:

- GT

That’s a great description Jack! :)

Congratulations David! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks Gary! :)

Thanks Gary! :)

Good morning Guardians! :) Today I’ve got an Ebony ‘18 with me! :)

43486918111_660279fc2b_b_d.jpg

Thanks pal, your ebony '18 is looking crisp :) :thumbsup:

Lovely two blade, Jack.
A small, a big 'un, and a two blade are definitely on

Thank you John :) I find Wright's two blade has overly strong pulls,particularly on the pen blade, but there are some nice older models :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
My morning routine... I'm drinking coffee, reading the Guardian thread, and preparing for work.

Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

No problem. :cool: I was trying to figure out if you knew some magical forum hack that I didn't! :eek: :D

Yes, I do... It's called the big fat oafish fingers hack. :D

:D :thumbsup:

I received my K'roo lambsfoot yesterday. It is exquisite!

View attachment 1128690 View attachment 1128691

Wow Joshua, that's really special :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, I find it simply amazing that you are able to keep up and with the posts in this thread and add the personal and historical points. Many thanks again for all that you do!

Harvey, congratulations, you are acquiring such interesting Lambsfoot. I admire your dedication and commitment to the pattern and it's history.
Welcome and congratulations, David, that is a fine example of the Lambsfoot.

Gary, I've had those same gremlins...they are not playing nice, Lam Jack is looking good...no gremlins there!

Quite and post, even in two parts. Great dedication on your part.

Have a great day John, that is a really nice photo.

Well Guardians, it's over the hump day, hope your week is going well.
I've had several mornings of bright blue sun shiny skies...then the clouds roll in with thunder and lightning.
Yesterday while dog training we had 'micro-bursts', we were in a plowed field and the loose dirt made it like being in a sandblaster. Wind gusts were so strong it was hard to stand up right. The wind blew from every direction during the course of the day, but, any day with Dutch is a good day. I carried my '19 DI Lambsfoot.
IMG_1124.JPG

Thank you Preston, I'm struggling, and my work is suffering if I'm honest, and I don't get a lot of time for the other Porch threads. I'll stick with it as long as I can though, it's great to see this thread so active and healthy :thumbsup: Those winds sound bitter! Great seasonal pic there though :) :thumbsup:

Black as a moonless night!

Great "lambposts"!View attachment 1128714

LOL! :D That's an incredible pic Dwight :cool: :thumbsup:

Rainy Northern California spring day
View attachment 1128716
Ebony 18 in the pocket. It's my Friday!!!!

Looking good Taylr, enjoy your 'weekend' ;) :thumbsup:

When I joined, I thought no one used their real name, so I just tried to come up with something a little obscure. Didn't give much thought to it, but don't feel like changing it.
There are some clever usernames. I like yours, e.g. Also, "Misplaced Hillbilly" and "Jack Black" (and that's his real name!). Lots of good ones.

This one in my pocket now:
l7SaYiA.jpg

Good morning, Guardians!

LOL! :D When I joined I never even thought of using another name - I'm not that bright! :rolleyes: I eventually added a location to try and reduce the amount of messages I used to get from the young 'uns in General wanting me to introduce them to Sarah Michelle Geller, etc :confused: :rolleyes: Nice pic of your AC Vince :thumbsup:

Great pic Kevin :D :cool: :thumbsup:

I could be wrong, but it seems that not all A. Wright Lamb foot knives have "real lamb foot" etched on the blade. Is there a rhyme or reason for this?

See: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guardians-of-the-lambsfoot.1406735/page-998#post-18973811 :thumbsup:

sorry about stepping out of bounds in my questioning.
Ill look into getting a paid membership and if I do you'll be getting a pm from me.

And thanks for the info ill start researching those makers listed already in the thread.

Hopefully ill be posting up a picture in this thread soon.
Travis

Hey, no worries Travis :) I was gifted my first Gold Membership, and have renewed it ever since. I think a paid membership is a good deal :thumbsup:

“Lambsfoot Hunter” Thank you GT, I like that...But I can’t hold a candle(or Lambsfoot) to our Jack Black Jack Black He’s the undisputed King of the Lambsfoot.:) Also thank you for the kind words.

Jack Black Jack Black That’s a lovely TEW. FYI...I finally understood the 1066 Battle of Hastings.:)

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1128840

Thanks for the kind words Harvey, but you're snapping up far more lovely old Lambsfoot knives than me my friend :)

Thanks, I hope you read up on the Battle of Stamford Bridge too :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! Here's to a most English pattern on this, the most English of numbers (page numbers that is).

:thumbsup:

Great to see you here Christian :) :thumbsup:

1215 is good too.

1066, 1215, 1588, 1611...the list goes on and on. Busy people those English.

Yeah, and those are just my snack times! ;) :D :thumbsup:

I used my K'roo Lambsfoot to cut up my large granny smith apple at lunch. Despite its thick blade stock and wedge-like flat grind, it sliced quite well due to a very fine secondary bevel and a good thin profile behind the edge. The feel in hand is great! I've got a GEC linen micarta, but it has a different polish than this K'roo. The GEC seems to be more highly polished, whereas the K'roo is more "satin," which leaves it a little grippier in hand. The ergonomics are simply superb. Just what you would expect from a custom knife.

Enjoy Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Welcome, mate. I joined about a year ago, and I really enjoy the ability to post photographs. Didn't know how at first, but a member told me how using a computer. I post almost exclusively now with my iPhone. It's easier than I thought it would be. If you stick around and decide to get a paid membership (well worth the minimal cost), I could send you a detailed private message showing you how to post pictures with a smartphone if you decide you want to.
Cheers!
Vince
P.S. It looks like we share a birthday (different year).

@cudgee Been there, done that :(
Here's a link that explains a pretty straight forward method on how to use Imgur which is used by many CLICK HERE
And here's one that lists the benefits of the different paid membership levels CLICK HERE

Good morning, everyone - hope your Wednesday is (or was) a good one.
Just sittin' here, waiting for my Levis to finish spinnin' round in the dryer.
Kinda dreary here today, looks like it's thinking of dropping some rain :eek: If so, I hope it's a quick one and is clear for the planned trip up to Yosemite with my daughter and grandkids on Friday :oops: Hope I didn't just jinx it :rolleyes:
Great pics from many (as usual). Thanks to all for sharing :thumbsup:

Enjoyed seeing it again, thanks

Always like seeing your Lam Jack :thumbsup:

Cool name for a very cool knife :thumbsup:

Love the contrast!

GREAT pic :cool:

That stag is lookin' GOOD :thumbsup:

So that's what you do when you're supposed to be using that shovel in the background :rolleyes:

Great, now I'm hungry - thanks :rolleyes:
I was gong to say something else, but I can't remember what it was :oops:
Well, the buzzer just went off so it's time to go and put my pants on, which is a good thing 'cause it's starting to get a little chilly.
OG
ps I was gonna add a pic but there seems to be a site prob right now :oops:

Yep, I think we've all been there :) I think I'd been a member a couple of years before I posted a pic :rolleyes: They sure make a big difference though, and I don't think the standard of photography has ever been higher than it is now :) Thanks for the helpful links OG :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment OG, hope you have a great trip to Yosemite :thumbsup:

OK, if it won't let me edit a pic into my other post, I'll just put up another another one :eek: Yeah, that'll show 'em :rolleyes:

View attachment 1128902

That pic was definitely worth waiting for :) :thumbsup:

Aye the 500 new houses on the outskirts doesn't help. Shipping in the riff raff from Leeds apparently... :D
The sort of folk who don't need local shops, a local livestock market or old pubs. :rolleyes:

Aye, keeping all them colonials under the thumb was real hard work. :D

Well just lost a big multi-quote so great knives everyone. Especially the old Sheffield folders Harvey, Jack and Mike have posted. :thumbsup:
oPmAPfY.jpg

Yeah, we've got plenty of those types David! :rolleyes: Smashing pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Now I have two Guardians 18 and 19, and the 18 is now in my pocket.
Therefore, my herd has already grown one more unit!!!;):thumbsup:

25hzprc.jpg
25ppocx.jpg

Great pic of your growing flock Jose :) :thumbsup:

Back