Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Fantastic photo Dwight!
Thanks Dave. I'll bet Totem is glad for the fresh air. Looking mighty fine! although sinister and eerie and scary and so forth...:eek:

Great image, Dwight. The only thing missing is you laying in the hammock
Thanks Harvey. Great TEW you're posting today!

Mother Nature can be fickle, especially this time of year. Crested Butte is a wonderful place to visit, great vistas. Great photo as usual
Thanks Preston. I recorded that temp at about 2 am in the back of my pickup camper about halfway between Crested Butte and Gunnison. A not so pleasant night. :D

That's an incredible temperature variation! :eek: Cool pic Dwight
Thanks Jack. It was in late December. The hottest recorded temp was in Abilene.

Mean time, here's a pic I took while I was up the road. Hope it doesn't sound too egotistical, but I kinda like this one
That is a great image OG. Time and the elements ...

It is late May. When does winter end in your neck of the woods?
Anytime Mother Nature decides...she is a fickle mistress. This is really unusual.
Evening Guardians (as it is here now), hope everyone is having a good day :) Nothing much to report from Huddersfield, but the weather was good, and I got a couple of pints ;)

View attachment 1132438

The railway station seems to have acquired a pair of resident ducks :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 1132443

View attachment 1132445

View attachment 1132444

(Imgur doesn't appear to be working at the moment :( )
Glad you had a good weather day, Jack. You took some great photos. Architecture, people and wildlife combined to make a very interesting scene.
Sad to say there may be more headed your way :( The skies are gray here today and look like they're tying to back up into another storm. I've even had to turn the furnace back on! Hope I'm wrong, but it looks like you may need to get ready to hunker down some more :oops:
Mean time, here's a pic I took while I was up the road. Hope it doesn't sound too egotistical, but I kinda like this one :rolleyes:
M6q9TRA.jpg

OG
OG, we get the weather that comes from all directions this time of year! Part of what made this present storm was the same system coming up from the gulf and clod wet coming from the west. Thank you very much;) What's not to like...that is a great photo!:thumbsup:
pleasant night. :D

That's quite a variation in altitude. Did you have heat in the camper?

That's quite a variation in altitude. Did you have heat in the camper
I started out the night with heat but it didn't work well at that elevation and eventually went out. I awoke in a not-so-snug cocoon of ice layering the inside of the uninsulated fiberglass shell camper. I was apprehensive about going back to sleep for fear of never waking so I eased on down the road to Gunnison headed east and south over Monarch Pass and didn't stop again until Ratón.

Presser John and Jack - my friends those two Stags are looking SO good.
I received my Stag that I bought a wee while ago ( a forum member contacted me to ask if I was interested! ) - haven’t had time to post photos nor will I for a few weeks - but it’s in my pocket right now! :D :thumbsup:
Stout pull but it’s getting a lot better - LOVING IT!

Presser John and Jack - my friends those two Stags are looking SO good.
I received my Stag that I bought a wee while ago ( a forum member contacted me to ask if I was interested! ) - haven’t had time to post photos nor will I for a few weeks - but it’s in my pocket right now! :D :thumbsup:
Stout pull but it’s getting a lot better - LOVING IT!
The pull is a lot better now on mine. Very easy to carry. And why carry a mediocre knife when I can carry a thing of beauty?

Fodderwing Fodderwing Thank you Dwight.

My wish is for all of you to hang in their with the varying severity of bad weather.

Jack Black Jack Black enjoy the pints. Cheers. Fine image.

I use to enjoy watching the Ducks and Geese, that is until I lived with gaggles of them, trying to constantly dodge the many presents they leave. When they decide to hang out on my street, I present a comical sight as I gently guide them back to their watery home base.

OLd_gUY OLd_gUY -The texture on the rocks makes for a great Lambsfoot Image.

Happy B-day Dave dc50 dc50 !!

Thanks Mark :) Sleeping is a favourite of my middle daughter - Ellie! :rolleyes: That's another great pic :) :thumbsup:

tvFlrOY.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :thumbsup:
Lovely Stag there, my friend!

I'm a sucker for dog/knife pics, and your photos of Lazy Daisy are superb, Mark! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm amazed at how much our dogs sleep! :eek:
Man Jack with me all week:
View attachment 1132304

- GT
Thanks, Gary.:thumbsup: I always enjoy yours and others dog pics, as well. They look sooo content when sleeping. I swear Daisy smiles while she sleeps.:)

zOlsAmH.jpg

Last edited:
Received my Wright snakewood lambsfoot today from Sheffield.
Pretty knife but... how's the pull on your examples everyone?
This one comes in at a 12 out of 10!
And the grind! Way, way off.
If I couldn't straighten it out myself I'd return it just because of the premium I paid for it.
Any advice for the pull? For the time being I oiled it and am leaving it half open to maybe weaken the spring a little.
bENWi1G.jpg

ZdyTIEb.jpg

Best Break-up Song Ever, OG!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: But how is the video related to the lyrics?? I'm not always good at making connections! :(
I don't know, but that last one definitely "turn[ed] on [he]r light" before she flounced away.
Actually the only bit I really don't get is the woman with glasses who stops smiling and the man with glasses who continues smiling.

Sometimes you just have to let art be. :D

Dwight, I believe the Totem has positive powers :D all this selling and buying, moving etc etc are falling into place like Magic
Well you can't argue with results like that. Please offer Totem my apologies.:D BTW the background was yet another fantastic painting.

Jack Black Jack Black - Jack with regard to your "tin box" inquiry, One of your tin boxes is winging its way to NSW Australia even as we speak. :) And just let me say I really like em. I have always liked small boxes since I was a kid. My mom is the same way so I guess it's DNA. Anyway I thank you for that extra bit of thoughtfulness that accompanies your standard kindness and thoughtfulness that can so easily be taken for granted. Sleep well my friend.

OG the lines of your ironwood run the same as that knarl :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Dave. I'll bet Totem is glad for the fresh air. Looking mighty fine! although sinister and eerie and scary and so forth...:eek:

Thanks Harvey. Great TEW you're posting today!

Thanks Preston. I recorded that temp at about 2 am in the back of my pickup camper about halfway between Crested Butte and Gunnison. A not so pleasant night. :D

That is a great image OG. Time and the elements ...

Anytime Mother Nature decides...she is a fickle mistress. This is really unusual.

Glad you had a good weather day, Jack. You took some great photos. Architecture, people and wildlife combined to make a very interesting scene.

OG, we get the weather that comes from all directions this time of year! Part of what made this present storm was the same system coming up from the gulf and clod wet coming from the west. Thank you very much;) What's not to like...that is a great photo!:thumbsup:

That's quite a variation in altitude. Did you have heat in the camper?
Fodderwing Fodderwing Thank you Dwight.

My wish is for all of you to hang in their with the varying severity of bad weather.

Jack Black Jack Black enjoy the pints. Cheers. Fine image.

I use to enjoy watching the Ducks and Geese, that is until I lived with gaggles of them, trying to constantly dodge the many presents they leave. When they decide to hang out on my street, I present a comical sight as I gently guide them back to their watery home base.

OLd_gUY OLd_gUY -The texture on the rocks makes for a great Lambsfoot Image.

Thanks guys. Your kind words are mucho appreciated :)

Outstanding pic - a fantastic knife and a great rig. Can't beat it :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
OG

Had a wonderful surprise today, Guardians. Got home after work and found an unexpected package in my mailbox. Air mail. From England! A postcard inside informed me that Taylor (@tmd_87), winner of the third lambsfoot in Jack Black Jack Black 's recent GAW, had instructed Jack to forward the prize to me! :)

It is a limited edition African Rosewood lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son. And a gorgeous specimen!

What a lovely gesture, Taylor. A million thanks!

Jack included a few goodies in the package:
jqVp85y.jpg

A Leeds "Potts Clocks Heritage Trail" walking map; an interesting postcard; a lamb button; an old Irish coin (!); a Yorskshire pen; a Guinness (best drink in the world) pencil; and a White Rose of Yorkshire magnet. What a treat!

Here's a picture of the knife in the sun (about an hour before sunset):
KSuF61x.jpg

Lovely covers, and great fit and finish. I'm going to put an even better edge on it later this week with my Arkansas stone, and flush the joints even if it doesn't need it. The pull is perfect, and the lockup is tight. Feels great in the hand. What a pleasant surprise! :)

Thanks again to Taylor, and a big thanks to Jack. This is the best thread in the best forum on the internet.

Cheers!

Back