1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Congratulations Vince and millions of congratulations to Taylor for his generosity!!!:):thumbsup:

2. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Good morning, Guardians.
    The mail knocked on the door and arrived this wonder of Sheffield in stag, left hand and worked back!!!:D:thumbsup:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

TFBraden, Dschal, OLd_gUY and 11 others like this.
  3. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you, good morning to you too. That horn knife is great Jack, nice picture!;):thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  4. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Without going into politics which we thankfully don't discuss in The Porch it's hard to explain, but...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45225406

This would effectively make ANY forms of steam traction in the UK unviable. :mad:

So when you publish that book we all want you to write, will I find it in 'Biographical' or 'True Crime/Murder Mystery'...? :D

You know what it's never occurred to me before but from that angle that file work is really reminiscent of carvings on ancient crosses.

Crikey Preston! Sorry the video didn't work but I appreciate the effort. :thumbsup:
    You remind me of the joke made by a Scottish comedian Billy Connelly about Scottish weather.
    "There's only two seasons in Scotland. June. And Winter".

I know where a couple of weeks late but in Europe there is the story of 'The Ice Saints'.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Saints
    Not sure if they made it over to Colorado though. I'd say stay safe but I'm sure your all sorted for this sort of thing. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the suggestion GT, I hadn't thought about that. I've been thinking of trying a bit of whittling but didn't know what to whittle. But I wouldn't like to try a full size one, not with my sharpening skills... :rolleyes::D
    I hope your Man Jack is serving you well. :thumbsup:
    BTW, what's a button spanner?

Yip it's British slang for something that's rubbish but when it came to be used in that context I don't know. Of course here in the UK 'pants' are underwear. What you call pants in the US we call trousers.
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/pants

Aye we kinda like it to... :D:thumbsup:

I've decided my tin is to become a tinder box :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Half/Stop, TFBraden, OLd_gUY and 11 others like this.
  5. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I remember a Desmond Bagley villain who had a coal fire in his grate in his London penthouse, and our hero said, "Isn't that illegal [,you arrogant upper-class twit]", but no, the villain had had some sort of scrubbers installed to clean his emissions to a legal level.
    I think I've read all Bagley's books, and I'm pretty sure he's dead. Too bad.
    [​IMG]

Half/Stop, TFBraden, OLd_gUY and 11 others like this.
  6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

7. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    My Rosewood Bigun kept on and on until we finally took him on a little trip! ;) Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :D

[​IMG]

8. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the compliment Gary! :) Handy as a pocket on a shirt! :eek: While the pile side is not as prime as the mark, I think it’s still some very nice Sambar! :D

[​IMG]

Cutfinger, TFBraden, OLd_gUY and 11 others like this.
  9. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Well done, Jack and Taylor. Congratulations, Vince!

Good ol' rosewood big'un today.
    [​IMG]

Half/Stop, donn, Cutfinger and 13 others like this.
  10. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Good morning all! I am really starting to worry about Dennis @mitch4ging . Hopefully he's just in a power failure mode and nothing more serious.

IMG_2607.jpeg

donn, Cutfinger, TFBraden and 11 others like this.
  11. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Of Taxman fame?

12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    The Lambsfoot Day officially begins when Jack posts. :D

It looks so fancy. Congratulations. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

That seems to be a popular use for the tin. Excellent picture. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

All you guys posting your Lambsfoot knives and books have got me wanting to read a bit this Summer. I just ordered my first book in a while. Stay tuned...

That's a great idea and cool photo of it. Hope you both enjoyed the ride. :)

It is quite beautiful on both sides. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Looks like a most useful knife, Rachel. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm hoping he's okay too.
    I'm sure that no tornado is going to get the best of that tough 'ol cowboy.

donn, TFBraden, Dschal and 8 others like this.
  13. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, again, Jack! It was great surprise. In my pocket now. :)

14. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Dwight, I think you were real lucky you woke up and made the decision you did. Monarch Pass, at night, is a scary ride!!
    Kudos to all, Jack, Taylor and Vince. What great people here.
    Thanks Jack, that horn is such a lovely knife...a standout among your many! You do a great job of photographing the sights and scenes of your travels around your area.
    That's a great addition to your rapidly growing collection, Jose.
    Thanks for the link, David, I hadn't heard of the Ice Saints, but, I think they could find a home here. This time of year any snow we get here is gone rather quickly...this amount will take a few days. Great use of the Lambsfoot tin!
    That is just such an excellent knife!
    Me too, Dwight, tornadoes, power outages and flooding in and around OKC. My thoughts are with him and others in that area.

Morning Guardians, the sun is out and the melt has started! It's going to be a muddy mess for a few days...
    I'll have the Senator with me today.
    [​IMG]

donn, TFBraden, Fodderwing and 10 others like this.
  15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Looks a little chilly out there. I'm sure the dog is going to love it though.

donn, pjsjr, cigarrodog and 3 others like this.
  16. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, José, Rachel, & Preston!

17. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    That's a beautiful specimen, José. I love the file work on the spring. :thumbsup:

cigarrodog, Jack Black and tmd_87 like this.
  18. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I like the pile side on this Ironwood 19 as much as I like the show side. I love the grains and twisted streaks of blonde and red.
    IMG_20190522_070958.jpg

donn, Cutfinger, pjsjr and 11 others like this.
  19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I like the way they made all the show sides so "showy" and the pile sides more "plain". Seems more traditional that way. :cool:

20. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Jack, I was thinking if I had Daughters maybe they would remember, but it looks like maybe not. :(
    Thank you no problem, my friend:thumbsup::D