Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I too, like others, keep Dennis @mitch4ging in my thoughts. He has a lot on his plate. Be safe.

Pt-Luso Pt-Luso Congratulations José. Enjoy your nicely decorated lambsfoot.

@pjsjr Preston, hard to believe it’s Spring. Here’s to a proper thawing. Your Senator is fine looking in any season.

Fodderwing Fodderwing That’s a fine image of your Dami Lamb, Dwight.

Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron, I think the pile side looks outstanding.

Jack Black Jack Black Hope your day has been a pleasant one. I also keep thinking about your connectivity issues. Any progress? The horn Lamb is mighty nice.

Good Morning Guardians.
59BB31C4-843E-433C-BD42-31F7EDD7E341.jpeg

I particularly hate the geese. Maybe I don't have enough experience of ducks.
A club-hunting season on geese would help.
A8pQFBy.jpg

I seem to have lost this one this morning :rolleyes: Sorry Jer, nice pile side pic :) :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians.
The mail knocked on the door and arrived this wonder of Sheffield in stag, left hand and worked back!!!:D:thumbsup:

iznh9u.jpg
2utjh9v.jpg
sfjs5g.jpg

Congratulations Jose, that looks very nice, love the jigging :thumbsup:

So when you publish that book we all want you to write, will I find it in 'Biographical' or 'True Crime/Murder Mystery'...? :D

You know what it's never occurred to me before but from that angle that file work is really reminiscent of carvings on ancient crosses.

I'm hoping it will always be 'Soon To Be Published'! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

That pattern may go back a few generations :) :thumbsup:

I've decided my tin is to become a tinder box :thumbsup:
KvJ2rbB.jpg

Fantastic David, nice tinder box :) :thumbsup:

Your Big 'Un is looking good Jer :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Smashing John :thumbsup:

My Rosewood Bigun kept on and on until we finally took him on a little trip! ;) Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :D

40941018943_cbffa62c81_b_d.jpg

Rosewood seems to be a popular choice today :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment Gary! :) Handy as a pocket on a shirt! :eek: While the pile side is not as prime as the mark, I think it’s still some very nice Sambar! :D

43755956925_97343ef420_b_d.jpg

Quality Ron :thumbsup:

Well done, Jack and Taylor. Congratulations, Vince!

Good ol' rosewood big'un today.
gZ7Lvfp.jpg

Thanks Rachel, nice choice :) I do think the Wright's Rosewood models are great value, it's a shame the cost of overseas shipping inflates the cost so much :( :thumbsup:

Good morning all! I am really starting to worry about Dennis @mitch4ging . Hopefully he's just in a power failure mode and nothing more serious.

View attachment 1132784

I know what you mean Dwight, I sure hope he's OK :thumbsup:

Of Taxman fame?

That's the one :thumbsup:

The Lambsfoot Day officially begins when Jack posts. :D

It looks so fancy. Congratulations. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

That seems to be a popular use for the tin. Excellent picture. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

All you guys posting your Lambsfoot knives and books have got me wanting to read a bit this Summer. I just ordered my first book in a while. Stay tuned...

That's a great idea and cool photo of it. Hope you both enjoyed the ride. :)

It is quite beautiful on both sides. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Looks like a most useful knife, Rachel. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm hoping he's okay too.
I'm sure that no tornado is going to get the best of that tough 'ol cowboy.

LOL! :D Thanks John, with the amount of traffic here these days, my day usually starts a couple of hours before I actually make my first post! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks, again, Jack! It was great surprise. In my pocket now. :)

Great stuff Vince :) :thumbsup:

Kudos to all, Jack, Taylor and Vince. What great people here.

Thanks Jack, that horn is such a lovely knife...a standout among your many! You do a great job of photographing the sights and scenes of your travels around your area.

That's a great addition to your rapidly growing collection, Jose.

Thanks for the link, David, I hadn't heard of the Ice Saints, but, I think they could find a home here. This time of year any snow we get here is gone rather quickly...this amount will take a few days. Great use of the Lambsfoot tin!

That is just such an excellent knife!

Me too, Dwight, tornadoes, power outages and flooding in and around OKC. My thoughts are with him and others in that area.

Morning Guardians, the sun is out and the melt has started! It's going to be a muddy mess for a few days...
I'll have the Senator with me today.
IMG_1139.JPG

Thank you Preston, glad to hear the thaw is on, that's a cool pic :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I like the pile side on this Ironwood 19 as much as I like the show side. I love the grains and twisted streaks of blonde and red.
View attachment 1132821

Looks beautiful Taylor :) :thumbsup:

I like the way they made all the show sides so "showy" and the pile sides more "plain". Seems more traditional that way. :cool:

They would probably do that by design John, as they used to with their horn, but in this case, it may just be coincidental as the ironwood slabs are only ground to shape once they're on the knife :thumbsup:

Jack, I was thinking if I had Daughters maybe they would remember, but it looks like maybe not. :(

Kids! :rolleyes: o_O

Jack Black Jack Black Hope your day has been a pleasant one. I also keep thinking about your connectivity issues. Any progress? The horn Lamb is mighty nice.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1132883

Thank you very much Harvey, that's a fantastic pic :) :thumbsup:

Good morning all! I am really starting to worry about Dennis @mitch4ging . Hopefully he's just in a power failure mode and nothing more serious.

View attachment 1132784
:( As everyone probably knows, the area has just been hammered.
This update report was made a little over 20 hours ago and is indicative of the destruction that the entire multi-state area has suffered.
Thankfully the number of deaths has been minimal and as far as I can determine currently is under 10.
Although the violent storm activity has apparently subsided, flooding and power outages continue to be widespread.
Please join with me and offer prayers for not only our friend, but for all - and for the first responders who go in harm's way to help others.
OG

Last edited:
:( As everyone probably knows, the area has just been hammered.
This update report was made a little over 20 hours ago and is indicative of the destruction that entire multi-state area has suffered.
Thankfully the number of deaths has been minimal and as far as I can determine currently is under 10.
Although the violent storm activity has apparently subsided, flooding and power outages continue to be widespread.
Please join with me and offer prayers for not only our friend, but for all - and for the first responders who go in harm's way to help others.
OG

Oh Blimey! :eek: That's terrible :( I guess Dennis must have his hand's full, I sure hope he's OK, and everyone else down there :thumbsup:

Back