Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Another fantastic shot, the background is outstanding
Thanks OG.

Gorgeous pic Dwight :) Thank you my friend, one day I hope :) That odd-looking thing is on a park wall about half a mile from where I live, I've never really taken much notice of it before
Thanks Jack. Great pic of you at the top of the falls. The BFO survivor really is a stunning ironwood.

Pretty photo Dwight..
Thank you José!

But to me, the beauty of Yosemite is unique and I'd like to share a little of it's wonder.
Yosemite is most definitely special and unique.

Lots of great pics today.IMG_2307.jpeg

Went for my first beer in my new town it's not a very good pic of my rosewood,as I didn't want to shock the locals :eek:
But I had to do one anyway :p No the beer is not Belgian White, its a smooth brown ale.
IMG_1332.JPG
cochrane-rockyview-hotel-L-6.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, *I'm afraid that photo was taken 10 years ago! :eek: :thumbsup:

Hope you all have a wonderful time Taylor, and that your mom has a very Happy Birthday :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful Jose :) :thumbsup:

Spectacular Jose :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

Great pic :) I love black and shiny! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks John :D You're very kind :) I'm afraid that's not a recent pic :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pic Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Here's my two out boozing ;) :thumbsup:

uWZ7k8K.jpg

3Fu4nSs.jpg
Thanks Jack!

What king of brews? And by whom?

Very cool Dave! What's the history of the hotel if you know?
It's a pretty cool place Taylor,my son and I went there today for a couple of cool ones. Apparently, it's one of the oldest buildings in the area.
Rockyview Hotel pays homage to rich history. Some rooms at the Rockyview Hotel are being restored to their former glory. ... The hotel, which is located above the Texas Gate Bar & Grill serves as a landmark because it is one of the town's few remaining original buildings since Cochrane was founded in 1903.
one of the restored rooms.
GG-20160804-COE0801-308049989-AR.jpeg;w=630

It's a pretty cool place Taylor,my son and I went there today for a couple of cool ones. Apparently, it's one of the oldest buildings in the area.
Rockyview Hotel pays homage to rich history. Some rooms at the Rockyview Hotel are being restored to their former glory. ... The hotel, which is located above the Texas Gate Bar & Grill serves as a landmark because it is one of the town's few remaining original buildings since Cochrane was founded in 1903.
Looks comfy as can be. Makes me want to take a snooze. Can't beat a room with a radiator :cool:

Thanks Jack. Great pic of you at the top of the falls. The BFO survivor really is a stunning ironwood.

Thank you José!

Yosemite is most definitely special and unique.

Lots of great pics today.View attachment 1134726

Thank you Dwight, beautiful photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

Went for my first beer in my new town it's not a very good pic of my rosewood,as I didn't want to shock the locals :eek:
But I had to do one anyway :p No the beer is not Belgian White, its a smooth brown ale.
View attachment 1134745
cochrane-rockyview-hotel-L-6.jpg

Fantastic Dave, looks like a great place to hang out :) I'm glad you're settling in :thumbsup:

Hey Jack, do you always wear Black? :D

LOL! I think I must have been on SWAT duty that day! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack!

What kind of brews? And by whom?

The first one was by Mallinson's, used a lot of Citra hops, with a name that played on that, though I've forgotten it, about 5%, with a noticeably bitter taste. The second was by some brewery I've never heard of before, using 'New World' hops, giving subtle tropical fruit flavours. Sorry for the paucity of information Taylor, I have the memory of a goldfish these days :( :thumbsup:

Very interesting Dave, looks like a great place to stay :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians :) My second check-in of the day so far, as I saw Charlie's post in the Charlie thread after getting in at 2.00am and couldn't resist posting myself, great to see him here again :) I had planned to visit a local brewery today (https://www.northbrewing.com/), owned by a couple of friends of mine, as they have some 'bank holiday' stuff going on there, but true to most British bank holidays, it's raining. I'd be happy to just stay indoors, but I had planned to go with friends who have children, and that probably won't work out, so I'm not sure what I'll be doing today. Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) :thumbsup:

I've still got this one in my pocket today, but I may change or add to it during the day :thumbsup:

0LwLE4u.jpg

Thanks Dave looks really cool.

Europe's highest falls are the Krimml Falls in Austria, beautiful, but not as dramatic, as the 1247 feet falls are split into three tiers. Walking to the top is a nice hike though :) :thumbsup:
And at the top you can jump in and cool off!
I don't think I've used this one yet. That's all the walking books except for Colin Fletcher.
RYIxv9q.jpg

Since Fletcher will carry only the tiniest Victorinox, and likes to walk naked, he has little to tell us about pocket knives.

Good Morning Guardians.
I'm in the same boat as Jack... I had planned to go fly fishing this morning, but the weather isn't cooperating.
So, I'll spend the day fixing some things on my son's Jeep to get it ready to sell. Hope everybody has a Lambsfoot worthy day. :)

Since Fletcher will carry only the tiniest Victorinox, and likes to walk naked, he has little to tell us about pocket knives.

:D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.
I'm in the same boat as Jack... I had planned to go fly fishing this morning, but the weather isn't cooperating.
So, I'll spend the day fixing some things on my son's Jeep to get it ready to sell. Hope everybody has a Lambsfoot worthy day. :)

Sorry you had to cancel your plans John :( It's a little after 3.00pm here, and the sun has just come out. Bit late to re-jig my plans though, I'm just going to have a day in the house I think, and hope the weather is OK tomorrow :rolleyes:

Thank you Dwight, beautiful photo my friend
Thanks Jack. The Dama Lamba rocks! Have a great rainy Sunday. :rolleyes:

:D

I am thankful for the brave men and women who have protected and are protecting us from harm around the world.

IMG_7167.jpeg

Got me some Moosehead, Dave. Will drink a toast to you tonight. :)

Back