Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you very much Preston.

Thanks Jack.

Very interesting info Jack. I'd never heard of it.

Fantastic Dylan.

IMG_2758.jpeg

donn, mitch4ging, TFBraden and 8 others like this.
  2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Harvey & Jack. It cut up a dill pickle spear and a peach (eaten separately!) at lunch.

dc50, cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  3. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Harvey! :)

We’re in total agreement there Jack! :thumbsup: :)

Jack Black and dc50 like this.
  4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Harvey. :)

Thank you, Jack.:)

Jack Black likes this.
  5. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Those are very cool looking cups, They just scream "outdoors". :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

6. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Great picture, I love that pin. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

dc50, Jack Black and OLd_gUY like this.
  7. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the compliment and for wishing me well, John. :)

Thanks for the good words, Jack. :) I hope those ducks on the "pavement pond" don't try feeding like the "tails-up" ducks in this photo of our vacation location! :p
    duck.butts.2017.jpg

Quality quartet, Rachel! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Harvey, we all have our biases, and I can certainly understand how yours regarding stag senators arose! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Because of (or despite??) all that, I still appreciate your assessment of Man Jack. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Wonderful "late light" photo of your damascus stag senator. I don't think very intentionally about quality of light when taking pics, but now that you mention it, I do rather favor some of my pics near sunset. Here's one of my Black Jack from last fall, I think:
    BJ.mark.open.sunset.jpg

Looking forward to more Yosemite settings in your lambsfoot pics, OG! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    Thanks for your comments on Man Jack and slip. :)

OG, I've never been further west in the US than South Dakota, so the video of Yosemite waterfalls was breathtaking to me! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: And your photo of the damascus stag senator is majestic! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info, Taylor. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Some folks can sub pretty much full-time in my area of the country (although supply and demand for subs seems kind of cyclical, which affects the pay). If you can get benefits like health care through your wife's job, that certainly gives you more options! :thumbsup::)

Very cool "nature shot" of your ironwood, Preston! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Don't some knife makers have "Indian Paintbrush" as a handle color?)

El capital El Capitan pic, OG!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Baa, Baa, Black Lamb, have you any flowers?? :D Splendid pic, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Superb holiday sentiment! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't remember if Will Clark used a black bat, but I sure remember how he "lit up" the Cubs, and broke my heart, in the 1989 NLCS! :( My recollection was that he did it singlehandedly, but I looked it up this morning, and Matt Williams and Kevin Mitchell also were quite hot that series. (Mark Grace was a "giant" :rolleyes: for the Cubs, so that's some small consolation.)

Summertime and the livin' is easy with a South African custom lambsfoot!! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Lovely shot of your stag damascus lambsfoot, Dwight! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What is the little flowering daisy-like plant?

Union Jack for me all week:
    UJ.dock.rope.81718.jpg

- GT

donn, mitch4ging, echoscout and 13 others like this.
  8. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks, GT! Union Jack is looking great in the sun!

9. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you Jack...:thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  10. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with lime green bone.:):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, pjsjr, Half/Stop and 11 others like this.
  11. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    Thank you. Mark Grace - one heck of a ball player :thumbsup:

Prester John likes this.
  12. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Carried this ol Lamb today. Found this sweet box at my work that we used to keep some different facility keys in....shadow box/knife display!
    IMG_20190528_160116.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    donn, mitch4ging, pjsjr and 13 others like this.
  13. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    It was almost too late to take pics, but the late evening lighting does show the patina colors well.[​IMG]

donn, mitch4ging, pjsjr and 14 others like this.
  14. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Right next to the bar and you missed it!!! Maybe new glasses would help...no, you saw the bar...what could be the problem!!!
    Well, thank you Joshua, I'd love to take you up on that!! I have four acres...really no lawn, all a mix pasture grasses, yucca and cacti. With my riding mower it takes about 6-8 hours. I can't go to fast because it's rough and doesn't cut well with all the bouncing around. Not to mention me and my aches and pains because of the rough ride.

Ha, ha, ha, I can escape one but not the other!!
    John, great photo...the Rosewood, shell and coin just seem made for each other.
    Fantastic photography Dylan, you captured the cold in those photos. The last one with the cup and DamiLami is excellent. Glad you had a good trip over the weekend. Thanks for the background on the cup, I've never heard of them before.

Guardians, it was a long day dog training and I'm real tired, plus, I'm having problems with the quoting again...I believe the computer gremlins reside in the mouse! I'm having trouble with the quotes going in the right place, even though I make sure the cursor is at the end of a quote. I'm quitting and going to take a hot shower and go to bed.
    Recycled lambsfoot content...
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, donn, mitch4ging and 10 others like this.
  15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you for the kind words, PJ. :)

I would say the same about your picture, the stag and polished rocks belong together. :cool:

mitch4ging, pjsjr, Jack Black and 2 others like this.
  16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Evening Guardians
    Hope you all have a wonderful and restful night. :)
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging, pjsjr, Dschal and 11 others like this.
  17. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you my friend! It is called an Oxeye Daisy (Chrysanthemum Leucanthemum).

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  18. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I grew up on six or so acres--a combination of centipede and bahia grasses. The bahia was so tough that when it got tall you had to mow over it multiple times; once with the deck raised, and again with it lowered. Even then you sometimes had to make another pass.

cigarrodog and pjsjr like this.
  19. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thought it was funny that Mark Grace and Vance Law were on the same team. ;)

cigarrodog and OLd_gUY like this.
  20. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    I've got it solved ice cream and beer yum. :p
    [​IMG]

donn, mitch4ging, cigarrodog and 7 others like this.