Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks for the kind words Dylan, it is always great to have you here, and that is another fantastic pic :) I should have guessed you played the fiddle! :) :thumbsup:

LOL! Thanks Ron! :D :thumbsup:

2. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If it's connected by a wire, have you tried re-routing the path of the cable? If it's wireless, have you tried changing the batteries?
    Just guesses, but might be worth a try :rolleyes: Great pic!

Wonderful shot :thumbsup:

The textures are remarkable :thumbsup:

Lost in the throes of a muse :rolleyes:
    Not far from wrong, LOL. Scary, isn't it :eek:

SUH-WEET :cool: !
    Emmylou says Hi
    0605191001a_HDR_720.jpg
    OG

3. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thanks, Dylan, I'm using my wife's old iPhone 4 o_O so that's as good as I can get my photos. :p

4. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks OG!

cigarrodog, OLd_gUY and dc50 like this.
  5. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
  6. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Hi Emmylou :thumbsup::cool:

7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Here's a pic I posted in the EDC thread today :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

My maternal grandfather was part of the British D-Day forces. He was always making things. He made small 'Spitfires' out of old British ha'pennies with just a hacksaw and a pair of pliers. Usually he'd round the wings and make them look just like a tiny plane. The one in the photo above was made when he was old, out of a British decimal coin (2p), he didn't file the edges so that me and my brother and sister, who also got one, could see they were coins :)

8. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

mitch4ging, cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  9. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    "And the angels sing" :cool: :thumbsup:

10. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Those are way cooler than any knife.

11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks buddy, it's amazing how much stuff there is still kicking around here from WW2, even WW1 :thumbsup:

12. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    That is very cool, Jack! I'm staring at it, trying to puzzle out the origami in reverse. Our pennies are much smaller, and not really copper anymore, so I think it would be pretty hard to do. o_O

13. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you Jack.

Oh my yes they are beautiful Jack! The bolster stamp is spectacular! Can't wait!!!!!

Thank you David.

Thank you kindly Harvey. Beautiful old lamb you have there. Is that horn or wood?

donn, TFBraden, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  14. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Very interesting Jack. Did your grandfather cut the penny into separate pieces and "weld" them back together? I can't figure out how it could be done keeping the coin all in one piece. The little booklet they are sitting on is also of interest. Can you elaborate on the booklet?

15. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    What a wonderful keepsake! :cool: Thank you for sharing :)
    OG

16. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Dwight, it's been a long time since Sheffield made a Barlow like this I think, and Wright's have certainly never made one :) :thumbsup:

Thanks folks, the penny is still in one piece, the wings are single thickness, and the rest is folded double. I thought I had a better pic of it somewhere, but it turns out I just have ANOTHER photo of it! :rolleyes: I'm glad I still have it :) :thumbsup:

Spitfire.JPG

I know a guy who makes rings out of coins, pretty incredible really, as there's no join at all, but he has a machine to do it :thumbsup:

Penny Ring (1)S.JPG

I still haven't managed to get my internet service sorted out yet I'm afraid, it makes uploading pics extremely difficult :( I'm not going to be around much over the next couple of days I'm afraid, but I'll pop in when I can :thumbsup:

17. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    @Jack Black the barlows look really great! The stamp (as others have already said) came out very nicely. What are the dimensions of this barlow? Smaller, like the Ashley's Choice lambsfoot, or bigger like the 2019 Ironwood lambsfoot?

cigarrodog and tmd_87 like this.
  18. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    I guess I'm in Valhalla David. :D

19. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack. :)

Love the design, Jack. Very nice :cool: :thumbsup:

Trust me, the copy cost me plenty enough. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to convince the wife to have a three season home in Montana, and Winter back here in California. :cool: :thumbsup:

20. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    That's the ticket, John! :thumbsup::cool:

mitch4ging and cigarrodog like this.