Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack Black Jack Black the barlows look really great! The stamp (as others have already said) came out very nicely. What are the dimensions of this barlow? Smaller, like the Ashley's Choice lambsfoot, or bigger like the 2019 Ironwood lambsfoot?

Thanks Joshua, the blade is the same size as on the 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. :)

Love the design, Jack. Very nice :cool: :thumbsup:

Trust me, the copy cost me plenty enough. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to convince the wife to have a three season home in Montana, and Winter back here in California. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you John, hopefully I can get some better pics at the weekend :) Maybe I'll even be able to upload them?! o_O :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

AT LAST!! :) :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

VDCFBK8.jpg

Oh. There a bit nice aren't they. :cool::thumbsup:

Looks tasty David, you switched to one of those new-fangled cloudy IPAs? ;) :D :thumbsup:

It's a magical drink known as Or-Angej-Uice. It's brewed in 9 gallon batches by the Ellyllon of the Tylwyth-Teg every other blue moon using well water from Camelot, barley from the Garden of Eden and hops from Emain Ablach, then aged for millennia in casks made from the branches of Yggdrasil. It tastes of sugar and spice and all things nice and is free to all those of a true spirit and stout heart.
Unless you buy it in a bar in Leeds then it costs £72.60 for a half. :D

Not far from wrong, LOL. Scary, isn't it :eek:

Emmylou says Hi
View attachment 1140057
OG

Very scary. And it will be for a while yet. :D

Here's a pic I posted in the EDC thread today :thumbsup:

sUQMNeo.jpg

My maternal grandfather was part of the British D-Day forces. He was always making things. He made small 'Spitfires' out of old British ha'pennies with just a hacksaw and a pair of pliers. Usually he'd round the wings and make them look just like a tiny plane. The one in the photo above was made when he was old, out of a British decimal coin (2p), he didn't file the edges so that me and my brother and sister, who also got one, could see they were coins :)

What a great story Jack! I still can't figure out how he did it though even with the close up shot. :thumbsup:

I'm still a couple of days slower than "real time". Posts quoted below came from Monday and Tuesday (up until I went to bed Tuesday night :rolleyes:).

Jack, that looks like a versatile tool, with a bottle opener on each end. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Which one did you opt for to open your Jamaican joy?
Lucy seems to be in a darker mood from her reading choices! :eek::thumbsup:

The sunlight and camera angle conspired to reveal the blade etching. I did not realize the “Real Lamb Foot” was actually inscribed on the blade and I hadn’t seen it for quite a while because the patina covered it up
UojMec3.jpg
Great pic of your AC with the Astonishing Canyon, @Travman! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Have a great week folks.View attachment 1139111
Intriguing photo, Dwight! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that a rosewood model?

Thanks Jack! Yesterday morning Pam and I traveled to a neighboring county to attend Sunday School and services. A friend has cancer and is undergoing treatments. ... Along with six other couples we were able to pull off a surprise visit for our friend. It was truly a touching moment to see the look on his face when he walked in and saw all of us setting in his classroom. After the services we all went out and had a great lunch at a local restaurant. It was a great day.
Today I’m carrying this Rosewood contract example made by Wright’s! I hope all you Guardians have a great day! :D

47993714871_5dea8b6375_b_d.jpg
What a touching surprise you all arranged for your friend, Ron!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
That's a fine no-frills lambsfoot you posted - my kind of knife! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians. Here’s to a good week for all.
View attachment 1139163
Harvey, your splendid photo of your sweet AC has set off my Affection for Confections! ;):cool::cool:

cerveza por favor :D see I know spanish as well :p
There is one phrase I consider a must know in every language. Here’s the Spanish version. Dónde está el baño:) Cheers Jack.
LOL! :D I love Spanish, it's pronounced a little differently in Europe, but the rules are consistent and very easy to learn, much easier than French I think, or English for that matter! :D :thumbsup:
Dave & Harvey, those were two of the "survival phrases" I learned prior to visiting my daughter in Spain several years ago. :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: My daughter tried to teach me correct "Spain Spanish" pronunciation to which Jack alludes, such as when to "lisp" the letters c and z, and not to put my teeth on my lip for v sounds, so that it comes out almost like a b: "cerveza" is something like thair-BAI-thuh. Also, I first tried to guess the phrase Harvey mentions, and had my daughter's Spanish boyfriend at the time ROTFL when I came up with "Dónde casa de caca?" :rolleyes::p

Here are better pictures of my stag...
aS0lmgj.jpg

Another photo of Lambsfoot Stag left hand.:):thumbsup:
2qbgj7n.jpg
And yet another photo of Lambsfoot stag Pere David!:):thumbsup:

ddi3vo.jpg
5K Qs 5K Qs showed a pic of his button spanner a few pages back. Metal 'buttons' were certainly the most common way of joining leather drive belts, but apparently some were joined by a crude buckle, like these John Maleham gave me from the Wright's factory. Carrying my AC today :thumbsup:

g3eULge.png
Lots of stag variety in these shots from Steve, José, and Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

My herd, left to the right lime/lemon Bone, Buffalo, Stag (left hand), Guardians 18 in Ebony, Guardians 19 in Ironwood and Stag Pere David.:cool::thumbsup:

2100pj9.jpg
Superb sextet, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (In mathematics, 6 is a "perfect number" because it's equal to the sum of its proper divisors: 6 = 1+2+3. The next perfect number is 28 = 1+2+4+7+14, so maybe your new goal should be to obtain a total of 28 lambsfoot knives! :D:D:thumbsup:)

Around the corner,to the left ;)
Working with Hispanics I've picked up a little bit, not enough to converse full sentences, but enough to be polite when needed,and enough to be rude when needed. ...
Cool story, David! :):thumbsup::cool:

This afternoon I changed my carry for the evening to my Stag Bigun! Pam fixed this new recipe for us tonight. It was a very tasty chicken and rice dish. ...
47997108628_64517b11ae_b_d.jpg
Sounds delectable, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) I bought a bag of clementines a few weeks ago and threw one or two into many of my "recipes" while I had them.

Great pictures, GT.
I'm glad you were able to sneak them in.
The weather is looking dandy where you're at.
Thanks, John. :) The weather that day was ideal IMHO: sunny, 70˚F for high, no wind, low humidity.

That bottom pic is muy bien, GT.!
Gracias, Perro cigarro. :):D

TO BE CONTINUED

- GT

Attachments

• IJ.mark.closed.on.tin.LR.jpg
    IJ.mark.closed.on.tin.LR.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 5
Union Jack is looking good but your iron wood is LAVA! Ok, I just made up the "Lava" thing but it has to be better than either "fire" or "lit" .......riiiiight? :D

This one helped me doing chores around the house....and on top of the house too. :D
47990995811_8fede2f416_h.jpg
"Lava" sounds hot to me, FBC; you're an influencer and trend setter! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D Your horn lambsfoot with the lined bolster and the white speed streaks is so lava-like, it flows! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Couple of great pics there GT :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

Good Morning Guardians
Cool photo, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Maidin mhaith!
hQwKyPC.jpg
Vince, the pic of your rosewood speaks to me :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:, but your opening words do not! :(

That ironwood is a home run on your field of dreams, Dwight! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Totem if you got 'em, Dave!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thanks GT, it's great to see it :) Wright's source their Rosewood in Indonesia these days :thumbsup:
Thanks for the damascus and rosewood info, Jack. :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Gary. They're all special.

Wynn was listed as 5'10" (he may have rounded up, as I do!), but Altuve is listed as 5'6". I think he's really 5'5", and may be the shortest major league ballplayer. My favorite current player.
I don't think the statue (world's tallest bronze statue of a ballplayer) is of a particular player, but I will be back on the 23rd and read the inscription.

That was a good meal/snack. (Plate and knife from England.)

Gazebo in a park in the city I work in (Kingsville). Sometimes I go there at lunch time.
I appreciate your informative replies to my idle curiosity, Vince! :):thumbsup::cool:

Absolutely love Ella Fitzgerald. I could listen to her all day long. Thank you :cool:

More pics? Well @lucky22, if you insist...:rolleyes:
IMOmYZi.jpg

I found this yesterday, thought it was pretty good so here it is
OG
Glad you liked the Ella link, OG. :) After dc50 dc50 said his knife was a vamp, I had to find a vamp song. :rolleyes:
That photo of your Damascus Senator is unforgettably majestic! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the music link. I think Simon is an amazing songwriter, and Willie can put his own stamp on any song! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Gary, they have finally come up with a mannequin I can relate to. :p
View attachment 1139613 :thumbsup::D
:D:D Dave, I'm trying as hard as I can to maintain a lambsfootesque straight edge on my profile, but I fear that eventually I'm going to end up reprofiled with a lot of belly! :(:rolleyes:

Good pics and beautiful Guardians Gary!;):thumbsup:
Thanks, José. :)

Looks like everyone's doing chores at the moment; looks like I'm going to have to crack on with mine. Great knife to do chores with I've got to say.:thumbsup:
Dave, you didn't move to heaven by accident did you? First we have pictures of a pub close enough to fall off a barstool and land in your own living room, with wall to wall blue skies above. Then an ice cream parlour magically appears. And now a pizza place pops into existence. Let us know if you wake up tomorrow morning and find a Jaguar XKSS on your drive. Or a tea chest of mint condition Camillus knives falls out the attic. :)
Now Jack, that's not a bad idea.
If we built a wall..... ;)
Thanks for the compliment on my Valley Jack, David. :) The knife didn't actually play any role in that evening's chores. I was using a rake, broom, shovel, and gas-powered lawn mower.
Interesting rumination on developments since Dave's move. :thumbsup::D
Lots of folks interested in building walls these days, it seems. I wonder if China is interested in selling off parts of theirs to paying customers? I hear the Chinese Wall is a Great one! :rolleyes:

Valley Jack Day 3:
View attachment 1140116

- GT

It's a magical drink known as Or-Angej-Uice. It's brewed in 9 gallon batches by the Ellyllon of the Tylwyth-Teg every other blue moon using well water from Camelot, barley from the Garden of Eden and hops from Emain Ablach, then aged for millennia in casks made from the branches of Yggdrasil. It tastes of sugar and spice and all things nice and is free to all those of a true spirit and stout heart.
Unless you buy it in a bar in Leeds then it costs £72.60 for a half. :D

Classic! :D :thumbsup:

What a great story Jack! I still can't figure out how he did it though even with the close up shot. :thumbsup:

It's amazing what some of those fellers could knock up in a slit-trench out of a bit of old tat ;) :thumbsup:

I played with the photo a bit Jack. :p
View attachment 1140100

Thanks Dave, the pic was taken on a cell-phone, emailed to me, and I then had to REDUCE it in size so I could upload it with my rotten internet connection :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Terrific looking barlows, Jack, you've really outdone yourself this time! I'm a big fan of the historical significance of this. Big Thanks!!

Thanks Jeff, it was an effort this time! ;) As you know, I love the history :) The Barlows were actually Quakers, as were their neighbours the Broadbents. Here is the scene at the Hartshead in 1893, the Broadbents lived in what is today the oldest brick-built house in Sheffield city centre (on the right of the photo), the Barlows home and workshop, being at right-angles to it. Today, the road is wider, but the Broadbent House still stands, and in fact doesn't look much different to what it does here. I'll be sure to get a pic of a Hartshead Barlow in situ :) :thumbsup:

8HFJRP6.jpg

There is an American connection too, the last of the Barlows of Obadiah's line was Sarah Barlow, his great great granddaughter. She married neighbour Thomas Scantlebury, another Quaker, and they had five children. Their youngest son, Samuel, born 1st September 1800, emigrated to the USA, and spent the greater part of his life in Chicago, though he maintained an interest in Sheffield affairs throughout.

Jack, that looks like a versatile tool, with a bottle opener on each end. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Which one did you opt for to open your Jamaican joy?
Lucy seems to be in a darker mood from her reading choices! :eek::thumbsup:

It was a gift from our friend @Pt-Luso GT :) I used the bottle-opener, at the other end is the 'foot' for the corkscrew, but I guess they added an additional bottle-opener for good measure, knowing that I am a belt & braces man! :D I need to take Lucy out in the sunshine ;) :thumbsup:

Dave & Harvey, those were two of the "survival phrases" I learned prior to visiting my daughter in Spain several years ago. :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: My daughter tried to teach me correct "Spain Spanish" pronunciation to which Jack alludes, such as when to "lisp" the letters c and z, and not to put my teeth on my lip for v sounds, so that it comes out almost like a b: "cerveza" is something like thair-BAI-thuh. Also, I first tried to guess the phrase Harvey mentions, and had my daughter's Spanish boyfriend at the time ROTFL when I came up with "Dónde casa de caca?" :rolleyes::p

:D :D :D :thumbsup:

Lots of stag variety in these shots from Steve, José, and Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Back