Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Afternoon Guardians, I've only been back home a few minutes, but I thought you guys might like to see a few hastily-taken snaps of my loot! :) :thumbsup:

pEKtLTl.jpg

B3kTF1v.jpg

4yHv6wu.jpg
FANTASTIC !! Thanks for the pics :cool:

LOL! :D Scotland is a spectacularly beautiful country, with warm, friendly people, and a rich history. As I have many friends there, I have occasionally thought that it would be a wonderful place to live :) But I figure they already have to put up with enough sassenachs (most of whom - the posh ones - live in Edinburgh)! o_O :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:
Oh, Scotch whisky, golf, curling, haggis, kilts, bagpipes, scones, and Presbyterianism (my favourite Protestant sect--and I'm Catholic!)! What a land! And the heather and the hills! "My heart's in the highlands." Oh, and Burns. And Stevenson. Would love to visit.

Last edited:
Good Evening Guardians

Very nice John :) :thumbsup:

FANTASTIC !! Thanks for the pics :cool:

I'll try to get more, though it is bouncing with rain outside at the moment :( :thumbsup:

Oh, Scotch whisky, golf, curling, haggis, kilts, bagpipes, scones, and Presbyterianism (my favourite Protestant sect--and I'm Catholic!)! What a land! And the heather and the hills! "My heart's in the highlands." Oh, and Burns. And Stevenson. Would love to visit.

You'd love it Vince :) I am lucky to have spent a fair bit of time in Scotland, but there are plenty of parts of it I have never been to, and still await exploration :thumbsup:

Carried these 2 TEWs Lambfoot today so I thought that I would put them up in here too . I carried the Top one in the morning to a hospital to be with a Grandson when he had ankle surgery .

Harry

Hope your grandson will be OK Harry, a great pair of TEWs there :thumbsup:

Hey Jack, If I missed the email about these pleeeeease pm me.
I think I might have drooled a little.....and not because there is a beer in the picture. :D

Have you checked your Spam folder Kevin? If it's not there, please PM me and I'll send it again :thumbsup:

Good evening Guardians!

yUl7oeq.jpg

Great pic Barry, great to see you here :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, the rain is easing off here, so I'm going to make a dash for the post office, do some shopping, and possibly get a chance to take a pic or two :) See you later folks, hope everyone has a great day :thumbsup:

You'd love it Vince :) I am lucky to have spent a fair bit of time in Scotland, but there are plenty of parts of it I have never been to, and still await exploration :thumbsup:
And still pretty thinly populated, according to Penelope Keith.
83b198T.jpg

Last edited:
Good evening Guardians!

yUl7oeq.jpg
Great picture, Barry. I suddenly have the urge to go fishing. :)

Very nice John :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack.

Morning Guardians, the rain is easing off here, so I'm going to make a dash for the post office, do some shopping, and possibly get a chance to take a pic or two :) See you later folks, hope everyone has a great day :thumbsup:
Be safe and have fun. :cool: :thumbsup:

And still pretty thinly populated, according to Penelope Keith.
83b198T.jpg
Fun picture and my favorite kind of cookies. Must be my Scottish blood.:cool: :thumbsup:

Have a great Saturday Guardians! :)

48023969773_3491190137_b_d.jpg
Great picture of your stag, Ron. :cool: :thumbsup:

Mallory knife 1.jpg Mallory knife 2.jpg Mallory knife 3.jpg Mallory knife 4.jpg Mallory knife 5.jpg Mallory knife 6.jpg
Today marks 95 years ago that the brave George Mallory died on Mt. Everest near the summit .
The above artifacts were found many years later with his remains and include a large Lamb Foot knife, made bt W.E.Oates. My estimation makes the knife 4 1/3 inches. R.I.P.
A useful knife for the outdoors I'd say.

Old Engineer Old Engineer - Harry I hope everything goes well with your grandson. The last time I sat in a hospital waiting room I left a brand new Mudbug on the armrest of the chair. No doubt it made someone's day! :)

Beautiful Lambs folks. Have a great weekend.View attachment 1141199
Oh that must have ruined your day, eh?
Beautiful image of your Lamb, as usual. :cool: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1141193 View attachment 1141194 View attachment 1141195 View attachment 1141196 View attachment 1141197 View attachment 1141198
Today marks 95 years ago that the brave George Mallory died on Mt. Everest near the summit .
The above artifacts were found many years later with his remains and include a large Lamb Foot knife, made bt W.E.Oates. My estimation makes the knife 4 1/3 inches. R.I.P.
A useful knife for the outdoors I'd say.
Thanks for posting that Charlie. A great remembrance and useful bit of Lambsfoot history for today. I'm super happy you're on the mend and posting again. :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice to see you back Charlie! Really interesting post with the Mallory knife; a shame that climbing Mt. Everest has become something of a 'fad', ending in folks dying on the mountain.

John, I am with you! Let's go wet a line!
Amotybr.jpg

Great post Charlie. So good to have you back. :)

Oh that must have ruined your day, eh?
Beautiful image of your Lamb, as usual
Yep, I went back to see if it had been turned in. :( Thanks John. Haveagoodn.

Back