Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Guardians,

Please take a look at my giveaway thread in the Traditionals forum, and feel free to enter (there's a lambsfoot in there!). It has some information about a recent decision I've made to spend less time and money on knives. Normally I'd just let the thread itself serve, but I've spent most of my time and energy on this thread and wanted to let you all know that I'll be spending less time around and that it is for good reasons. Thanks for welcoming me to the best thread on the forums. I hope to remain a Guardian, even if it is in a much diminished capacity.

God bless you all.

~Joshua
"When you're a Jet, you're never alone - you're never disconnected"
It's been a pleasure.

OG

While I was out doing yard work, I noticed the very symmetrical shadow on the birdhouse.
Hey, I'm a Math teacher and just a little CDO... I mean OCD... I always want that to be alphabetical.
Of course the first thing that jumps into my mind is, "Wow, that would make a great Lambsfoot picture." :D

I carry a Lambsfoot because...

Photo ops are everywhere.

While I was out doing yard work, I noticed the very symmetrical shadow on the birdhouse.
Hey, I'm a Math teacher and just a little CDO... I mean OCD... I always want that to be alphabetical.
Of course the first thing that jumps into my mind is, "Wow, that would make a great Lambsfoot picture." :D

You're right John, it DOES make a great Lambsfoot pic! :) :D :thumbsup:

Late here, and I think I'm going to retire to a good book :) Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I have plenty to keep me occupied at home tomorrow, but there is little danger of me escaping anyway. In Leeds, where I live, for the past few years, just about every spring and summer weekend, some form of sporting event takes over the city - a cycle race, marathon, half-marathon, triathlon, etc, etc. There are some lovely big parks in Leeds, and lots of countryside, where these races could take place, but then nobody would get to be Charlie Potatoes by going through the tape in the city centre. So, they close all the roads off, and my area is particularly badly affected for some reason, in some cases I can't even get off my street! There was a huge amount of disruption today, and tomorrow it's even worse, the local roads are closed all day :mad: I'm sure I'll be able to find plenty to do though, and internet willing, I look forward to the pleasure of your company :thumbsup:

TOzVBzs.jpg

Late here, and I think I'm going to retire to a good book :) Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I have plenty to keep me occupied at home tomorrow, but there is little danger of me escaping anyway. In Leeds, where I live, for the past few years, just about every spring and summer weekend, some form of sporting event takes over the city - a cycle race, marathon, half-marathon, triathlon, etc, etc. There are some lovely big parks in Leeds, and lots of countryside, where these races could take place, but then nobody would get to be Charlie Potatoes by going through the tape in the city centre. So, they close all the roads off, and my area is particularly badly affected for some reason, in some cases I can't even get off my street! There was a huge amount of disruption today, and tomorrow it's even worse, the local roads are closed all day :mad: I'm sure I'll be able to find plenty to do though, and internet willing, I look forward to the pleasure of your company :thumbsup:

TOzVBzs.jpg
That Barlow sure is beauty :cool:
OG

Please take a look at my giveaway thread in the Traditionals forum, and feel free to enter (there's a lambsfoot in there!). It has some information about a recent decision I've made to spend less time and money on knives. Normally I'd just let the thread itself serve, but I've spent most of my time and energy on this thread and wanted to let you all know that I'll be spending less time around and that it is for good reasons. Thanks for welcoming me to the best thread on the forums. I hope to remain a Guardian, even if it is in a much diminished capacity.

God bless you all.

~Joshua
Hope you will drop in once in a while and say hi. God's speed Joshua.

Great photo op John. Your ironwood grain is to die for.:eek: :) :cool: :D

TOzVBzs.jpg
Man oh Man oh Man that rosewood is so nice.

Dama Lamba a la LunaIMG_2989.jpeg

When I first wanted a GEC Barlow, all they had was the Sheepsfoot. I bought it thinking, this is goofy looking and I'll never use it. It and the others became my favorite Barlows. That said, I know nothing about lambsfoot blades, besides that they look useful. Where does one look to find a good quality example online? I am mainly a GEC guy so I'm not sure where to start.
But you people are making me spend more money so I need your help....
Thanks

I hear those little S&W Shields are nice. Very cool picture with your Lamb. :cool:
I love it in 9mm, but the .45 kicked up too much.
Afternoon Guardians, I've only been back home a few minutes, but I thought you guys might like to see a few hastily-taken snaps of my loot! :) :thumbsup:

pEKtLTl.jpg

B3kTF1v.jpg

4yHv6wu.jpg
Mmmm! Those do have Panache! :eek:
My lambsfoot this week is the Valley Jack. Apologies if I posted this pic already this week:
vj-mark-vopen-knot-jpg.1140803
If you have, it's worth a second look@:):thumbsup:
Thank you Dennis and I've probably said it before but let me say thank you sir for your service.
Thank you very much, Dwight!
Thank you Dennis, and thank you for sharing those historic photos too, that's a great composition my friend :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:
That is the patch which I have, plus one of his two Purple Hearts. You must have some stories to tell, Dennis. Thank you for all you have done. Stay safe.
Thank you very much, Harvey! You know that Elvis was in the 3rd AD as well!:cool::thumbsup:
Dennis, you asked me about the patch. I just wanted to share this with you. My apologies to the rest of you, because I feel like I’ve been going on and on.
3c43245d-3d27-4ca0-ac46-50c0a575f296-jpeg.1140936

From one of my many books on the Battle of The Bulge.
799eac1b-74fc-40df-b603-4b7a0bed4b91-jpeg.1140937
Fantastic, thanks for sharing!:):thumbsup:

Would you please be so kind as to send me your mailing address in a PM?
Cheers Guardians :) :thumbsup:

gk6qnMb.jpg
:eek:
Oh so lovely!:thumbsup:
And still pretty thinly populated, according to Penelope Keith.
83b198T.jpg
Lambsfoot and Shortbread! Nice!;):thumbsup:
Have a great Saturday Guardians! :)

48023969773_3491190137_b_d.jpg
Another beautiful shot of the Stag, Ron!:cool::thumbsup:
Have a great weekend.
img_2707-jpeg.1141199
Stupendous Shot, Dwight!:):thumbsup:
Good morning, Guardians!
mGxLdZf.jpg

Just the stag with me today in San Antonio. Heading downtown soon to eat at my favourite Mexican restaurant (maybe my favourite restaurant, period!). May stop and visit one or two of the old Spanish missions on the way out of town.
Hope y'all have a great day!
Tripple :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:, Vince!
Is there any other kind of food?:cool::thumbsup:
A few of the lambs are still in bed. ;):)
View attachment 1141227
AWWW(some):D:thumbsup: Dave!
Wake them up and bring them out to play!
Good Morning Guardians
Heading outside to do yard work. :(
Excellent companion, John!
Off to my son's championship game! Hoping for a big W!
View attachment 1141242
Love those covers on that one, Taylor!
I have a feeling your son's team will win! (sorry, I read ahead:p:thumbsup:)
Good Morning Guardians.
0939048e-a742-42bc-bd76-665a38782186-jpeg.1141293
Harvey, you have some incredible examples! I drool every time you post one!:eek::thumbsup:
Valley Jack again:
ij-mark-vstand-patio-jpg.1141296
And a lovely valley it is, GT!
Look forward to seeing more of those!:thumbsup:
Won the game 6-1...my son had two hits a really nice double and two runs scored!
:cool::thumbsup:
I have been pretty busy this week, but had arranged, months ago, to meet up with a couple of friends at Leeds Beer Festival on Thursday. As I had business in Sheffield the following morning, I was only able to stay for a few hours, but still got to sample a few nice beers :) No pies on this year though! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

X57LSrb.jpg
Awsome! Both the festival and the knife!:cool::thumbsup:
Such a lovely!!:thumbsup:
Lambsfoot in the garden with new dress

Nice photo! Wish they grew on the vine!
Cheers Guardians :) A stout chocolate and a chocolate stout :D ;) :thumbsup:

f0qRmvI.jpg
A Dark Delightful Duel, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

A noble reason for sure! A Lamb Bird!:D
Dama Lamba a la Luna
img_2989-jpeg.1141521
Indeed! Great foto, Dwight!!

I'm sure I'll be able to find plenty to do though, and internet willing, I look forward to the pleasure of your company :thumbsup:
We will look forward to spending time with you too. :)

Great photo op John. Your ironwood grain is to die for.:eek: :) :cool: :D
Thank you, Dwight. :)

I love it in 9mm, but the .45 kicked up too much.
I could see that. I used to like the Colt Officer .45, but as I get older I'm starting to think Walther .380 :oops:

A Lamb Bird!:D
I think the wolf ate the bird. :D

Afternoon friends,

A break is on the horizon. I've got two more work trips and I finally get some time off. Unfortunately, that comes with my fifth knee surgery (between the two), but that's life. Regardless it'll be nice to take a breath and have some actual down time. I did get to spend six days in the Sierras in May, which was lovely, but was forced out of the mountains early after spending 30 hours bunkered down @ 11,500’ in a white out.

My companion continues to be the stag Lambsfoot on a daily basis; I don't know where I'd be had WhittlinAway not gifted me my first Lambsfoot almost three years ago now.

7D36CC83-7A3D-431D-8E3F-DB6DEEF0BA1E.jpeg

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

8C41B272-2AC5-43A5-9FE4-97B4B9FDCD21.jpeg

Last edited:
Afternoon friends,

A break is on the horizon. I've got two more work trips and I finally get some time off. Unfortunately, that comes with my fifth knee surgery (between the two), but that's life. Regardless it'll be nice to take a breath and have some actual time off. I did get to spend six days in the Sierras in May, which was lovely, but was forces out of the mountains early after spending 30 hours bunkered down @ 11,500’ in a white out.

My companion continues to be the stag Lambsfoot on a daily basis; I don't know where I'd be had WhittlinAway not gifted me my first Lambsfoot almost three years ago now.

View attachment 1141605

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

View attachment 1141604
That’s a beautiful Lambsfoot, and so is that vista. Best wishes and quick healing from those procedures.

When I first wanted a GEC Barlow, all they had was the Sheepsfoot. I bought it thinking, this is goofy looking and I'll never use it. It and the others became my favorite Barlows. That said, I know nothing about lambsfoot blades, besides that they look useful. Where does one look to find a good quality example online? I am mainly a GEC guy so I'm not sure where to start.
But you people are making me spend more money so I need your help....
Thanks
All your questions answered by starting on the very first post of this thread.

Back