Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Morning folks, just having some toast and marmalade at Leeds central station before I board the train to go and meet Duncan in York. Marmalade was a factor in our last encounter (there's a thread somewhere), so it seemed appropriate! :D I'm looking forward to seeing the big guy, and hoping the forecast of apocalyptic weather is somewhat exaggerated. See you all soon I hope :thumbsup:
Jack
Orange marmalade, I hope :D

Fun picture and my favorite kind of cookies. Must be my Scottish blood.:cool: :thumbsup:

It definately is! I also love shortbread! In fact I like it so much I don't keep any in the house :(

View attachment 1141193 View attachment 1141194 View attachment 1141195 View attachment 1141196 View attachment 1141197 View attachment 1141198
Today marks 95 years ago that the brave George Mallory died on Mt. Everest near the summit .
The above artifacts were found many years later with his remains and include a large Lamb Foot knife, made bt W.E.Oates. My estimation makes the knife 4 1/3 inches. R.I.P.
A useful knife for the outdoors I'd say.

95 years! Wow!. Looking at the knife reminded me of something I read years ago. They always assumed that if they find Sandy Irving's body, they'll find the camera they were carrying, which could prove once and for all whether the pair achieved the summit. However, apparently, because of a quirk of meterology the air on Everest is far more humid than should be the case at those altitudes. This means that if ever anyone was to find the camera there's little chance the film will of survived as the moisture will of destroyed it. On any other mountain range that knife would probably of been virtually rust free but not on Everest.
Thanks for posting the pictures. :thumbsup:

Thanks, as always, David, for giving us interesting info about historical and geographical topics! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks to Harvey, John, Vince, Jack, Dwight, David, Rachel, and anyone I missed for wishing me well with Friday's eye appointment. A glaucoma expert last week had found a hole in the retina for one eye and referred me to a retinal expert that I'd seen several times since December. I thought the retina guy was going to zap me repeatedly with his laser, but he said he's been aware of the hole since my first visit and nothing needs to be done at this time. (But then he proceeded to force various lenses into my eyes so he could better see what he wanted to see inside, and I came out feeling like I'd gone 12 rounds with a heavyweight! All good today though!! :Do_O)

Valley Jack again:
View attachment 1141296

- GT

Your welcome. Sorry to hear about your eye problems. I've had a lifetime of having my eyes poked and prodded. It gets boring doesn't it. :rolleyes:

I have been pretty busy this week, but had arranged, months ago, to meet up with a couple of friends at Leeds Beer Festival on Thursday. As I had business in Sheffield the following morning, I was only able to stay for a few hours, but still got to sample a few nice beers :) No pies on this year though! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

X57LSrb.jpg

No.....pies...??? No....PIES...???!!! Is Leeds no longer part of Yorkshire??:confused::D

Twist my arm :eek: Well, if I must - I must :rolleyes:

Bridal Veil Fall
1Ras5Q0.jpg

Lovely shots OG! I hope you've got plenty more left to post.:thumbsup:

No ice in the freezer though! :eek: Can't drink a Rusty Nail without ice, so I will just have to drink Scotch! :D :thumbsup:

If you'd of been in Chester on Saturday you could of just gone outside and scraped the ice up off the ground...:rolleyes:

Another picture of Guardians 19.;):thumbsup:

2gxr28j.jpg

Great shot there Jose. And Happy Portugal Day for yesterday. :thumbsup:

OK, moving on to my Lambsfoot of this Week ... The schedule says we're back to the start of the alphabet, so Black Jack, the 2018 ebony Guardians Lambsfoot is my sidekick for the week. (Special Honor: Black Jack will accompany me to the 50-year reunion of my high school graduating class.)
View attachment 1142722

- GT

50 years! I hope yourself and Black Jack can educate them in the skills and artistry of Sheffield cutlers. :thumbsup:

and hoping the forecast of apocalyptic weather is somewhat exaggerated.

Jack

It's always exaggerated Jack. :eek: Probably by the same sort of folk who hold beer pie-less beer festivals. :rolleyes:

No pie....:rolleyes: Disgraceful....:rolleyes:
OdbSBRg.jpg

Good morning Guardians! I recently upgraded to a smart phone and am learning to navigate and post photos with it. I hope to be better able to keep up with this thread with this new (to me) technology. This is my first attempt so here goes!

eECjJSy.jpg

Good Morning Guardians. No pies donn donn , but this will have to suffice.:)
View attachment 1142917
I love your pastry pictures, some of your best work.

Good morning Guardians! I recently upgraded to a smart phone and am learning to navigate and post photos with it. I hope to be better able to keep up with this thread with this new (to me) technology. This is my first attempt so here goes!

eECjJSy.jpg
Must be a good phone, that's a great picture. I look forward to seeing more, Barry.

If you remember that you're old.
Yes, I'm old. :(

Stunning photo of your lovely lambsfoot, Fodderwing Fodderwing !
Thank you Greg.

Good Morning Guardians. No pies donn donn , but this will have to suffice.:)
View attachment 1142917
Lovely and delicious. I don't know what it is but I'd take three of em warmed with a glass of milk. :cool: Beautiful as alway.

eECjJSy.jpg
Looks like you have it figured out Barry. Great photo.

Another beautiful shot and great painting.

Back