Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

G'day, Guardians!
cFkPEjh.jpg

Thank you Greg.

Lovely and delicious. I don't know what it is but I'd take three of em warmed with a glass of milk. :cool: Beautiful as alway.

Looks like you have it figured out Barry. Great photo.

Another beautiful shot and great painting.
Thank you Dwight. It’s a coffee cake, the size and shape of a doughnut, with chocolate frosting and chocolate chips, with a drizzle of carmelized sugar. A pat of butter and 12 seconds in the microwave is the way to go. You only need one, because it feels like you ate three. Not quite as nice as your Ironwood Lambsfoot, hanging precariously.

dc50 dc50 I would love a calendar. A Guardians T Shirt would also be great.

Prester John Prester John Great image!great image, Vince.

Good Morning Guardians. No pies donn donn , but this will have to suffice.:)
View attachment 1142917

Yip. That would do just fine. :):thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! I recently upgraded to a smart phone and am learning to navigate and post photos with it. I hope to be better able to keep up with this thread with this new (to me) technology. This is my first attempt so here goes!

eECjJSy.jpg

Great shot! Congrats on sorting it out. I myself usually just bang about like a monkey on a drum until something works then try and recall what the last buttons were I pressed. :D
Usually because all the instructions manuals are now...online...:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
My back is a little sore, so I thought, having drunk my solitary beer, I would relax it a little with a Rusty Nail ;) No ice in the freezer though! :eek: Can't drink a Rusty Nail without ice, so I will just have to drink Scotch! :D :thumbsup:

hbexdCh.jpg
Very good choice (IMHO) for those who like peaty taste. Personally I prefer to drink my whisky without ice. And such a nice knife :thumbsup:

Heavenly Hartshead Barlows, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Okay, now you made me curious, so I looked up international postal codes. South Africa is "ZA", and the United States of America is "US" :confused: I don't think adding the "A" at the end can hurt, though.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work, Jack Black Jack Black , and have a great visit with Duncan next week!
Looking up postal codes was a good idea! Interesting results. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
+5K to @r8shell's bolded remark!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

It was me, wasn't it? :oops::D

48032125841_c3830a5c53_h.jpg
There ain't no cure for the summertime blues!
Above average lime slicer
View attachment 1142117
Definitely summer here in California.
Nice shot of your ironwood, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup: A college roommate had that album and it was one of my favorites at the time, with the song Vince mentioned being one of my favorite cuts. Taylor seems to have a reasonable objection to the lyric! :D

@flatblackcapo - I am a fan of Who but even more so "Guess Who". I just thought it was very clever - Add one "E" to "THE" and you were addressing Jack for sure. :D But then you are a consistently clever character... :D :D :D

View attachment 1142390
These eyes can see for miles and miles....;)
Dat's bout right... :cool: y la noche de tres peros tambien. :D
Dwight & Vince, I'm in awe of your clever wordplay!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::p I have to confess it took me a while to "catch" what each of you was doing, but it was well worth my slow effort! :rolleyes: And what little Spanish vocabulary I've inherited from my daughter made me go listen to this after reading Dwight's Spanish comment:

Today in the pocket:
7s7JL96.jpg
Carrying this one today.

1HZdMNS.jpg
Some extremely handsome horn, @lambertiana and @Pàdruig !! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That's very nice of you to say, Jack. I'm still here, just haven't been able to keep up with drinking from the fire hose of posts that this thread has become. ;)

Some of the things that have been keeping me away from the forum should be winding up over the next few weeks. Hopefully after that I'll be able to strike a better balance between keeping up with--and participating--here and keeping up with other parts of life.

In the mean time, a quick experience report. ... They both are splendid work horses and some days I find myself wanting the smooth horn and some days I find myself wanting the lighter rosewood. It's nice to have the two, knowing that either will tackle whatever task I put it to.
Good way to describe an aspect of the evolution of this thread, Greg! :eek::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great to see you stop in and give a report! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

j1e9ov5.jpg

This sucker is sharp. Maybe too sharp. And snaps like a gator. Don't ask me how I know. But my wife has threatened to start taking away my knives. ;)
View attachment 1142335
Not too bad, I think. Was bleeding a lot. Hopefully the wound will close without stitches! Having to "fist bump" people today. Maybe I should tell them I got into a knife fight at a cantina. :cool:
Man, your AC seems to have turned into a vicious Angry Cutter, Vince! :eek::(:thumbsdown: Hope you heal clean and quickly! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I like your cantina story (and it made me go listen to an online version of Marty Robbins "El Paso" :rolleyes:).

Thanks Gary, I sure hope so with the old models maybe.:):thumbsup:
:):thumbsup: I'll have to try counting sometime.

Good morning Guardians! This thread moves so quickly that I have an extremely difficult time just keeping up and reading every post. Trying to reply and engage in actual conversation here nearly gives me anxiety. I just have too many other things to do at the same time. That's actually the reason I haven't posted here much lately.
While it hasn't really been used, this is probably my second favorite lambsfoot knife. I often carry it and rub it like a worry stone on my daily 3-4 hour commute. I'll probably wear out the stag before the blade!

Jack, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this is the same frame as the Hartshead Barlow.

Hope you all have a great week!

9j2d8i.jpg

Stunning stag, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I can certainly relate to your anxiety over trying to deal with the pace of the thread! :eek::rolleyes:

Good Morning Guardians :

Harry
Harry, I've often heard that eye witness testimony is famously unreliable, but I trust that your old TEW is VERY trustworthy! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Good morning Guardians!
mCM5dEK.jpg
Dave, I'm gonna go out on a limb and note that your stag is a champ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

The pace and content of the thread has changed a lot since the index was first created and last updated. That's a good thing and testament to the vibrant community that it reflects. Unfortunately, though, the process and software behind the index aren't suited to handling the new scale. Some day I hope to be able rectify that, but, for the foreseeable future, the Guardians' Index will have to remain a reference for the thread's early years.
Good analysis, Greg, and I don't think there's anything wrong with the situation described in your conclusion! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I know that not everyone can post here everyday, nor even every week, but it is always good when one of our absent Guardians shows up here :) :thumbsup:
That's a shame about the software Greg, but the thread index is still an invaluable tool, you definitely deserve most of the credit for it my modest friend :thumbsup:
A couple of excellent points about posting rates and about the nature of the thread index and its creator! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)
I like this "Double Vs for Victory" shot of your Barlows!! :cool::cool::)

- GT

This Ironwood beauty resides in Tennessee, USA! :eek: :D

33558286548_0474c7b4e0_b_d.jpg
Ron, I really enjoy the way the "black river" flowing from the bolster and parallel to the back of your knife splits to get around the center pin and then comes together again after forming an "island". :thumbsup:;):cool:

Thank you for the kind words, GT! Great to see you posting more frequently, here and elsewhere!
I think the index, as it stands, is an immensely useful tool and probably requires no revisions, unless references to Jack's excellent SFOs are required.
Thanks, Dylan. :) I agree with your opinions on the nature and future of the index. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Pacific Northwest Chapter checking in:

mq6LC2Y.jpg

Another picture of Guardians 19.;):thumbsup:

2gxr28j.jpg
Sublime photos, Barry & José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for your kind words and observations on the index, JohnDF JohnDF , Jack Black Jack Black , cigarrodog cigarrodog , and @Pàdruig. Much appreciated.
Thanks for sharing a "day in the life" report on your horn lambsfoot on the front lines, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup:;)

I find them all plausible. :thumbsup:

That Black Beauty is an appropriate tote to a 50th reunion. A black tie affair?
My 40th would be this year. Only went to the 20th. Hope you have a great time.
Hope you have a fun time, GT. I've never been to any of my high school reunions, nobody there I really want to see again. ;)
Thanks, Vince & John. :) I'm sure not planning on the reunion being formal! :eek: The only HS reunion I've been to was my wife's MANY years ago, and we decided that we need not accompany one another to our respective reunions. This 50-year reunion is the only one to which I've received an invitation; don't know if it's the only one my class has had, or if I was blacklisted until now! :p Not sure how to behave at such an affair with people who are essentially strangers at this point.
John, there are a few folks I wouldn't mind seeing, but I have no idea who is actually planning to attend.

Thanks GT. I'm afraid possession of one half of a moth wing would make me a mighty poor whisperer! :D
Black Jack has some fine ebony my friend.
:thumbsup::D Thanks, Dwight.

Is that tree a sway back pattern?
:p That's a wisteria vine "trunk" winding around a corner post of the arbor over our back patio.

Hi GT. I had that same awful feeling when I misplaced the Senator. My wife, though, is usually happy when I do, because she knows I’m motivated to clean out the various, virtual hoarder class piles that I create. After I did that, and still couldn’t find the Senator, I next went to my studio...I mean my garage, and then found the precious tin underneath, of course, yet another pile. Major relief. The Dami Senator is my favorite Lambsfoot. Thank you for the empathy.

Next to the Senator, my favorite Lambsfoot is the 2018 Ebony. Don’t have one, just love it. Your Black Jack is stellar.

When I was a kid, I read some version of the Man Without a Country and came away saddened by his fate. It was the first time I was introduced to the notion of “be careful what you ask for.”

I hope you have recovered from your ocular torture at the Dr’s office. Have fun at the Reunion.
Thanks for the kind responses to some of my musings, Harvey. :) Glad you found your senator! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It was mine, I'm afraid. Too many nice knives and so few pockets! Even though I double down by carrying a Cadet and (usually) RALF at home, plus a different Cadet and a larger knife when I go out, sometimes I just gotta carry something different. With D-Day being this past week, I was carrying my late '40s Camillus #12 jack to honor the heroes.
Makes sense, Jeff. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: Maybe you need to construct a schedule! ;):D

Your welcome. Sorry to hear about your eye problems. I've had a lifetime of having my eyes poked and prodded. It gets boring doesn't it. :rolleyes:
50 years! I hope yourself and Black Jack can educate them in the skills and artistry of Sheffield cutlers. :thumbsup:
OdbSBRg.jpg
Thanks, David; the eye adventures this year ARE getting a little bit old. :rolleyes:
I should probably choose some "conversation piece" knives to help start (or end) conversations at the reunion. ;)
Ironwood and meat pie is a match made in England! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

G'day, Guardians!
cFkPEjh.jpg
Superb pic, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Great shot! Congrats on sorting it out. I myself usually just bang about like a monkey on a drum until something works then try and recall what the last buttons were I pressed. :D
Usually because all the instructions manuals are now...online...:rolleyes:
At least I'm less likely to lose the manual that way. :rolleyes:

Evening folks, had an absolutely fantastic day in York with Duncan, but I'm absolutely shattered now, as I'm sure Duncan will be too. Hoping to catch up with you all tomorrow :thumbsup:
Glad you could have a great time together, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::)

What a cute little pig in lamb jams! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Black Jack has a butt crack; don't we all? :D:rolleyes:
mark.buttcrack.jpg

- GT

we decided that we need not accompany one another to our respective reunions.
Smart move. I used to got to my wife's, but I refused to go any more. She's busy socializing with her friends and I'm stuck in the corner trying to talk to the other husbands that got drug along. 'Nuff of that nonsense.

Black Jack has a butt crack; don't we all? :D:rolleyes:
View attachment 1143126
Oh no... Sorry that happened to a favorite. :(

Thanks, Vince & John. :) I'm sure not planning on the reunion being formal! :eek: The only HS reunion I've been to was my wife's MANY years ago, and we decided that we need not accompany one another to our respective reunions. This 50-year reunion is the only one to which I've received an invitation; don't know if it's the only one my class has had, or if I was blacklisted until now! :p Not sure how to behave at such an affair with people who are essentially strangers at this point.
John, there are a few folks I wouldn't mind seeing, but I have no idea who is actually planning to attend.
I've been to two reunions myself: my 20th and my wife's 20th. I doubt we'll go to any others. The bad thing about my wife's reunion is that it was on a gambling boat/ship that goes out into the Gulf of Mexico so the gambling is legal. Well, my wife gets seasick, and to complicate matters, she was pregnant with our youngest, and was queasy the whole time. I determined not to spend more than $20 (like what I used to spend on knives!) on gambling, and it didn't take long to lose that. Then we had to listen to the "act": twin brothers that played the piano and told stupid off-color jokes. Then there was this waitress with a German accent that said she would be right back with my change (I had handed her a $50 bill to pay for one or two drinks), and she never came back! I tracked her down, though, and got my change. The biggest problem is that we couldn't leave! (Unless we jumped overboard.) We had to wait for the ship to return to port. All in all, not a fantastic evening! Hope yours is better. :)

Smart move. I used to got to my wife's, but I refused to go any more. She's busy socializing with her friends and I'm stuck in the corner trying to talk to the other husbands that got drug along. 'Nuff of that nonsense.
Exactly, my wife worked for the town 20 years after the second year attending their huge party I gave up going. I hate fun!!!
95c4273e38172083da92fb649aadb698374e797f8d6cf34859e1edd6b24ddb78.jpg

Then there was this waitress with a German accent that said she would be right back with my change (I had handed her a $50 bill to pay for one or two drinks), and she never came back!
That happened to Linda and I on our first Visit Puerto Vallarta he took the $50 and never came back. :eek: We were pretty new to travel at the time and didn't want to cause a problem so let it go. :rolleyes:

Back