1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    G'day, Guardians!
    [​IMG]

2. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Dwight. It’s a coffee cake, the size and shape of a doughnut, with chocolate frosting and chocolate chips, with a drizzle of carmelized sugar. A pat of butter and 12 seconds in the microwave is the way to go. You only need one, because it feels like you ate three. Not quite as nice as your Ironwood Lambsfoot, hanging precariously.

@dc50 I would love a calendar. A Guardians T Shirt would also be great.

@Prester John Great image!great image, Vince.

TFBraden, Fodderwing, donn and 3 others like this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Now THAT's a great picture.

Wood on wood... Nice!

dc50, cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  4. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Danke, meine herren!

dc50, JohnDF and cigarrodog like this.
  5. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, my friend. :)

cigarrodog likes this.
  6. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Yip. That would do just fine. :):thumbsup:

Great shot! Congrats on sorting it out. I myself usually just bang about like a monkey on a drum until something works then try and recall what the last buttons were I pressed. :D
    Usually because all the instructions manuals are now...online...:rolleyes:

7. Ironwood Chris

Ironwood Chris Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2019
    :rolleyes:
    Very good choice (IMHO) for those who like peaty taste. Personally I prefer to drink my whisky without ice. And such a nice knife :thumbsup:

8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Evening folks, had an absolutely fantastic day in York with Duncan, but I'm absolutely shattered now, as I'm sure Duncan will be too. Hoping to catch up with you all tomorrow :thumbsup:

9. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Pleasant dreams, Jack!

10. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    :thumbsup::D
    [​IMG]

donn, TFBraden, Fodderwing and 6 others like this.
  11. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Harvey...:thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  12. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you David, it was a great day and even football helped!;):thumbsup:

donn likes this.
  13. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    dc50 and Jack Black like this.
  14. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Heavenly Hartshead Barlows, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Looking up postal codes was a good idea! Interesting results. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
    +5K to @r8shell's bolded remark!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Nice shot of your ironwood, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup: A college roommate had that album and it was one of my favorites at the time, with the song Vince mentioned being one of my favorite cuts. Taylor seems to have a reasonable objection to the lyric! :D

Dwight & Vince, I'm in awe of your clever wordplay!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::p I have to confess it took me a while to "catch" what each of you was doing, but it was well worth my slow effort! :rolleyes: And what little Spanish vocabulary I've inherited from my daughter made me go listen to this after reading Dwight's Spanish comment:

Some extremely handsome horn, @lambertiana and @Pàdruig !! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good way to describe an aspect of the evolution of this thread, Greg! :eek::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Great to see you stop in and give a report! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Man, your AC seems to have turned into a vicious Angry Cutter, Vince! :eek::(:thumbsdown: Hope you heal clean and quickly! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I like your cantina story (and it made me go listen to an online version of Marty Robbins "El Paso" :rolleyes:).

:):thumbsup: I'll have to try counting sometime.

Stunning stag, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    I can certainly relate to your anxiety over trying to deal with the pace of the thread! :eek::rolleyes:

Harry, I've often heard that eye witness testimony is famously unreliable, but I trust that your old TEW is VERY trustworthy! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Dave, I'm gonna go out on a limb and note that your stag is a champ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Good analysis, Greg, and I don't think there's anything wrong with the situation described in your conclusion! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

A couple of excellent points about posting rates and about the nature of the thread index and its creator! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    I like this "Double Vs for Victory" shot of your Barlows!! :cool::cool::)

- GT

15. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Ron, I really enjoy the way the "black river" flowing from the bolster and parallel to the back of your knife splits to get around the center pin and then comes together again after forming an "island". :thumbsup:;):cool:

Thanks, Dylan. :) I agree with your opinions on the nature and future of the index. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Sublime photos, Barry & José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for sharing a "day in the life" report on your horn lambsfoot on the front lines, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup:;)

Thanks, Vince & John. :) I'm sure not planning on the reunion being formal! :eek: The only HS reunion I've been to was my wife's MANY years ago, and we decided that we need not accompany one another to our respective reunions. This 50-year reunion is the only one to which I've received an invitation; don't know if it's the only one my class has had, or if I was blacklisted until now! :p Not sure how to behave at such an affair with people who are essentially strangers at this point.
    John, there are a few folks I wouldn't mind seeing, but I have no idea who is actually planning to attend.

:thumbsup::D Thanks, Dwight.

:p That's a wisteria vine "trunk" winding around a corner post of the arbor over our back patio.

Thanks for the kind responses to some of my musings, Harvey. :) Glad you found your senator! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Makes sense, Jeff. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: Maybe you need to construct a schedule! ;):D

Thanks, David; the eye adventures this year ARE getting a little bit old. :rolleyes:
    I should probably choose some "conversation piece" knives to help start (or end) conversations at the reunion. ;)
    Ironwood and meat pie is a match made in England! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Superb pic, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

At least I'm less likely to lose the manual that way. :rolleyes:

Glad you could have a great time together, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::)

What a cute little pig in lamb jams! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Black Jack has a butt crack; don't we all? :D:rolleyes:
    mark.buttcrack.jpg

- GT

donn, Half/Stop, Pàdruig and 12 others like this.
  16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Smart move. I used to got to my wife's, but I refused to go any more. She's busy socializing with her friends and I'm stuck in the corner trying to talk to the other husbands that got drug along. 'Nuff of that nonsense.

Oh no... Sorry that happened to a favorite. :(

donn, dc50, Cambertree and 3 others like this.
  17. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    I've been to two reunions myself: my 20th and my wife's 20th. I doubt we'll go to any others. The bad thing about my wife's reunion is that it was on a gambling boat/ship that goes out into the Gulf of Mexico so the gambling is legal. Well, my wife gets seasick, and to complicate matters, she was pregnant with our youngest, and was queasy the whole time. I determined not to spend more than $20 (like what I used to spend on knives!) on gambling, and it didn't take long to lose that. Then we had to listen to the "act": twin brothers that played the piano and told stupid off-color jokes. Then there was this waitress with a German accent that said she would be right back with my change (I had handed her a $50 bill to pay for one or two drinks), and she never came back! I tracked her down, though, and got my change. The biggest problem is that we couldn't leave! (Unless we jumped overboard.) We had to wait for the ship to return to port. All in all, not a fantastic evening! Hope yours is better. :)

18. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Gary...:thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  19. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Exactly, my wife worked for the town 20 years after the second year attending their huge party I gave up going. I hate fun!!!
    [​IMG]

donn, TFBraden, Fodderwing and 6 others like this.
  20. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    That happened to Linda and I on our first Visit Puerto Vallarta he took the $50 and never came back. :eek: We were pretty new to travel at the time and didn't want to cause a problem so let it go. :rolleyes:

cigarrodog and Prester John like this.