1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks OG, it's a real shame the pics aren't there :( With the BF software changes, I'm not sure I can patch it up either :( That's funny, I was relating that exact story about Stan's son just the other day. Stan is referring to an electrical plug, they're generally moulded on of course now, but as I'm sure you recall, when you bought a new toaster or kettle, you'd have to fit a new plug to it at one time. From what I can find, the same word is used on both sides of the pond? They generally look like this here, but I know they vary around the world :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

I also do that with the 'copy' feature, do it with my emails too :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

2. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    Awesome that Duncan could hook-up with you Jack! Looks like a great visit.

Thanks for your comments on the photos guys! Seems the phone has a better camera than my camera! ha Here are a couple more shots from the 'garden'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

donn, Ramrodmb, pjsjr and 19 others like this.
  3. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Happy Wednesday, folks.

Ironwood for today.

[​IMG]

donn, pjsjr, draggat and 15 others like this.
  4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Day to you too, Barry.

Thank you very much, Harvey. :)

I think I see it. ;)

I'd say your phone does a great job, beautiful pictures.

Great photo. I like seeing you using your cool cup. :cool: :thumbsup:

5. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Thank you for the very kind comments today Guardians- It was so so great to meet up with our Jack again.
    Seeing these knives is just incredible The Hartshead Barlow is STUNNING!!!

pjsjr, TFBraden, Half/Stop and 6 others like this.
  6. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I was so pleased when he told me that he and Sue were making a brief visit again Barry :) Your phone certainly takes better photos than MY camera! :eek: Those are absolutely stunning my friend :) :thumbsup:

Hi Dylan, another great shot there :) Lovely Ironwood :thumbsup:

7. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Uhhh...duh :rolleyes: Sure is a shame about the pics, I'm sure they are great (as always)

I've just got to get one of those cups :thumbsup: Found them on line, just gotta pull the trigger - keep spending money on knives :oops: Great pic!

The bottom pic is OUTSTANDING :cool: Make that STUNNING :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This keeps finding it's way into the pocket, wonder why :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

OG

donn, pjsjr, draggat and 12 others like this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks OG, those Damascus knives are hard to resist aren't they, had mine with me yesterday riding shotgun with my stag Hartshead Barlow? :D :thumbsup:

9. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    I know why :thumbsup::D I missed out on those Damascus footers, my where with all was on Vacation around then.;) But I am well pleased to have a Barlow or two on the way.

10. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    I hear you. I lost out on Ashley's for the same reason but found one and it might be here tomorrow :)
    Like you, I also am in a state of Hartshead anticipation :D
    Signed - "on pins and needles"
    OG

11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Here's another couple of Hartshead pics to help tide you over OG ;) Looking forward to seeing your new AC :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pjsjr, Pàdruig, draggat and 12 others like this.
  12. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Many of us have “First World” regrets.:) Mine would be the Ebony.

@Jack Black Thank you, Jack. BTW...what newspaper if any would you recommend?:)

@OLd_gUY Thank you OG. Congratulations on the incoming Ashley’s.

Your Dami Senator is superb.

TFBraden, dc50, OLd_gUY and 1 other person like this.
  13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Yes, indeed we do :)

I used to write for both The Guardian and Observer, many years ago, which I regarded as among the better papers at the time ('The best of a bad bunch'). I don't get time to read them now, and I think the quality of both, and certainly of the latter, has declined. If I buy a paper now, it is usually the 'I' (Independent), but a factor in that is that it is inexpensive, and I get time to read it on the bus or train :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Cambertree, TFBraden, JohnDF and 3 others like this.
  14. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    IMG_8525.jpg
    I'm gonna leave this right here....Waynorth Lambsfoot covers....mmmmm that jigging!!! :eek::D

Cambertree, Pàdruig, pjsjr and 12 others like this.
  15. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Reading the Yorkshire Post for me is to soak in the culture. It’s hard to think of it as “the paper of record, but it is useful for gleaning tidbits like those water taxi’s.:) I try to consume information like a sponge. Never trusting any one source.

@tmd_87 Tease.:)

TFBraden, Fodderwing, dc50 and 4 others like this.
  16. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Your phone does good, Barry!!!

TFBraden, cigarrodog, dc50 and 4 others like this.
  17. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Bill promised a nice old-looking jig! I can't wait!!!

Pàdruig, pjsjr, TFBraden and 7 others like this.
  18. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    :eek::eek::eek:

19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Wow, that looks great :cool: :thumbsup:

I used to read it regularly Harvey, but I can't remember the last time I bought a copy :( It is certainly better than the very local papers like the Yorkshire Evening Post in Leeds, and The Star in Sheffield, which are absolute drivel. I have known a lot of journalists at both in the past, but who goes into that game anymore, barely anyone reads newspapers compared to in the past? :( I think that's a good point about not trusting one source - I wouldn't trust MOST of them! :confused: o_O :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

20. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    Yesssss!!!!

TFBraden, OLd_gUY, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.