Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Vince, you're not getting me excited about attending my own, but I suspect it will be much more laid-back than the ones you mentioned. It will be at the high school, probably primarily in the commons/lunch room, with some kind of catered dinner. The whole event is limited to 4-8pm (but 4 hours with lots of folks I never really knew and a few that I USED to know could be an ordeal :rolleyes:).
You could leave early. Fake a heart attack like George Costanza did at a party!

John and Dave, thanks for confirming the wisdom of not attending spouse class reunions. :)
Vince, you're not getting me excited about attending my own, but I suspect it will be much more laid-back than the ones you mentioned. It will be at the high school, probably primarily in the commons/lunch room, with some kind of catered dinner. The whole event is limited to 4-8pm (but 4 hours with lots of folks I never really knew and a few that I USED to know could be an ordeal :rolleyes:).
Oh, my GT I get nauseous just thinking about it, keep your belly in and your chin up. :thumbsup: :D
20208fed8881637aa96cba2bf63d3c34.jpg

2572bdv.jpg

flatblackcapo flatblackcapo Looks like you're stuck with the heat for another day or so.
It was a tad warm today huh flatblackcapo flatblackcapo
Yep, but it is only going to be 100* today! :D
It's ( the heat ) the price we pay for having reeeeeeealy good tacos.
That's a goood loookin' Lambsfoot right tharrr , draggat :thumbsup:

Well Congratulations, then. It must have been a great feeling of relief to pull the plug on them.

Rock on Kevin :thumbsup::cool: I've done that a few times in my life, trust me, things always work out for the best.:thumbsup::D
images

LOL! :D I think you deserve a gift my friend, I have something in mind ;) :) :thumbsup:
You are too good to us Guardian's, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks you guys. I didn't quite just pull the plug, I gave my two week notice....so only 12 more days to go! It was just time for a change. I do feel like a weight has been lifted.

It's a great feeling! :D When I was a youngster, I once quit a job on the back of a postcard from Rome, the guys in the garage were talking about it for years after! :D :thumbsup:

Well, I think I finally got caught up - with this thread at least - so morning Guardians, and thanks for all the kind thoughts and good wishes. I had an absolutely fantastic day with Duncan, who barely let me get my hand in my pocket once! The day absolutely flew, as it did during our last meeting, but will stay with me forever. What a great guy :) Patient too, he had to wait even longer for his 2019 Guardians knives than Dave dc50 dc50 ! :D :thumbsup:

oZujWWK.jpg

My Rosewood Hartshead Barlow seeing the sights ;) :thumbsup:

HgWmMQM.jpg

Have a great day Guardians :) :thumbsup:

That's awesome, Jack! The look on your bosses face when they read that postcard must have been great!
Killer pic of your Barlow, man do I ever like how that bolster stamp came out!
Btw, who's that good lookin' bloke with the Lambsfoots? ;):D Looks like you had a great time Campbellclanman Campbellclanman

Now for some Lambsfoot
47988939602_7894425b65_h.jpg

@Amir Fleschwund
Are you familiar with Greg Ginn? He played guitar for Black Flag. He has a pretty unique style, check him out sometime...if you haven't already.

Congrats on the temporary retirement, FBC! ;) Best wishes on landing in a better spot. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Speaking of music and temperature > 100˚F:

I tried to get Black Jack interested in some mathematics:
mark-open-handout-jpg.1143868
Thanks, Gary. It will be short lived, I am pretty sure I have a job lined up.
oh, thanks for the groovy tunes, my man.:cool:

Maybe Black Jack wants to be an artist. :D

That's a big 'un, Dwight
A big'un with snake skin covers. :D

Yikes!! that would have me running like Forest Gump
Well I ain't in love with em but one like that is a valuable neighbor to have providing he doesn't cause cardiac arrest. :D

Thanks you guys. I didn't quite just pull the plug, I gave my two week notice....so only 12 more days to go! It was just time for a change. I do feel like a weight has been lifted.
Kevin I took my share of exits in the past. Independence is hard won but as vital as a passport to the real traveller. :cool:

Speaking of snake in the garden... I was watering the posies about two hours ago and look who was taking in the beauty of the garden blooms. Just under 7 feet. The largest king I have ever seen in this state.View attachment 1143888
Lamb content.View attachment 1143890
As you probably know, Kings are highly resistant if not immune to rattlesnake venom and keep the population of those and other venomous in check.

I know, I know....I live in California...:p
View attachment 1143756

That patina is coming along very nicely indeed Taylor :thumbsup:

Jack I gave to congratulate you on the Hartshead Barlow- what a knife!!!!
I actually hated wrapping up my knives for travel today. :(

Thanks Duncan, you are the only BF member, besides myself who has seen one yet, but they've had huge 'WOW's from everybody else whose seen one :) :thumbsup:

That sounds fantastic. I enjoy many types of beer, but fine cask ales are my favorite. I'm going to have to find time soon to head down to the local English-inspired brewery that serves their beers from proper hand-pull beer engines. Their bitter is quite tasty.

I'm quite certain that everyone will love the Barlows. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment on the covers. I got a good one for sure. Matter of fact, so did everyone else who got one. :D

Thanks! I'm still thinking about hot links, too. That pack (now gone) reminded me of how much I enjoy them. I'm able to get good examples of Louisiana hot links here, but haven't found any acceptable versions of smoked Texas ones, though. So, I think I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands. I spent some time yesterday tracking down a recipe. It'll probably be at least a couple of weeks before I can try it, but it's on deck for sure. :)

Yup. It'll do. It'll do very nicely. :thumbsup:

Is this the Guardian's version of "Who wore it best?" ;) :D

Seriously, though, both look splendid. And, so nice to see your Unity lambsfoot. That's one of my favorites of yours. Such class.

I don't care what Prester John Prester John says, it looks refreshing to me! But, then again, I also live in California... :p

That sounds great Greg :) Thanks for the kind words my friend :) :thumbsup:

Wow this old photo brings up memories of Oliver Twist " Please Sir I Want Some More":(

PLEASE be aware of pick-pockets - be aware of your surroundings when you show them off AND NO BFO'S

Hopefully the sacred Yorkshire tweed slips will protect them! :D I wear 5.11 pants (various models) with subtle deep front pockets ideal for carrying pocket knives, and pretty tamper-proof I reckon, and the BFO is still hanging his head in shame, and wary of approaching (since he tends to get the rough edge of my tongue)! o_O :thumbsup:

Overcast is my choice Jack and I'm not sure I've ever experienced too much wet weather. Guess I should live in Leeds or Seattle :D

Thank you Harvey for your kind words.

:eek: That explains a lot :eek:

Yes that splendid specimen would definitely do. Beautiful.

Spectacular photos Barry. Stunning.

Same here. Between Dylan's and Greg's I have had a terrible craving flung on me. But every time I weaken I think about a knife for that price. :D

Jack Black Jack Black - The barlows take my breath every time you post em. Happy hunting tomorrow Jack.

Overcast is better than the wet weather we've had the last couple of days Dwight o_O Yeah, we rarely short of rain here! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks my friend, I didn't find anything on the market, but the Barlows got a lot of compliments :) I've just had another trip to the post office, and I'll be going back again this afternoon :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack; getting teased makes me feel right at home. :rolleyes:
I like my rotation schedule, and it's nice when each of my lambsfoot knives returns after 6 weeks. :cool:

Thanks for the story, Jack; gotta pass this on to wife and daughter! :):thumbsup::cool:

Great photo of Duncan; he's a two-fisted lambsfoot user! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D Glad you gents had a great time. :cool::cool::) Campbellclanman Campbellclanman Duncan, we're looking forward to your promised photos! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Couldn't agree more, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I tried to get Black Jack interested in some mathematics:
View attachment 1143868

- GT

Good stuff my friend :) I told Duncan the story of the Blue Bell too! :D :thumbsup: THat is a spectacularly good pic GT :) :thumbsup:

What a remarkable pair of barlows, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Impressive close-up, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that Old English font in the blade etch?

Thanks pal, yeah verily! :D :thumbsup:

Good Evening Guardians.
5:30 at night and it's still about 100 degrees here. :(
Hot dogs, chili, and beer for dinner... Summer time foods. :D

You're making me hungry John! And Thirsty! :D :thumbsup:

Speaking of snake in the garden... I was watering the posies about two hours ago and look who was taking in the beauty of the garden blooms. Just under 7 feet. The largest king I have ever seen in this state.View attachment 1143888

Lamb content.View attachment 1143890

Blimey, what a beast! :eek: And a beauty (sorry King Snake)! :D :) :thumbsup:

It's ( the heat ) the price we pay for having reeeeeeealy good tacos.

:D :thumbsup:

That's awesome, Jack! The look on your bosses face when they read that postcard must have been great!
Killer pic of your Barlow, man do I ever like how that bolster stamp came out!
Btw, who's that good lookin' bloke with the Lambsfoots? ;):D Looks like you had a great time Campbellclanman Campbellclanman

Now for some Lambsfoot
47988939602_7894425b65_h.jpg

@Amir Fleschwund
Are you familiar with Greg Ginn? He played guitar for Black Flag. He has a pretty unique style, check him out sometime...if you haven't already.

Being a cocky 17-year old, it said something like, "By the time you get this, you may just have realised that I am NEVER coming back!" :D Cool pic my friend :thumbsup:

Fading summer light. Carried this sucker all day!
View attachment 1144006

Looks great Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Wishing my fellow Guardians a terrific Thursday.
yWTSkAk.jpg

The same to you Vince, nice pic :) :thumbsup:

How'd I miss this post?! That's an amazing etch!

Thanks Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Nice photos everyone of nice knives.
I am just boarding plane now - praying my knives will be ok. Goodbye England and my friend Jack :(

Safe travels Duncan :) :thumbsup:

SOfrcm1.jpg

UyATl5a.jpg

Back