Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

After some time she got bored and went skateboarding.:cool::thumbsup:

29wwq68.jpg

I just showed my son a picture of the new Barlow knives.
He said, "Oh, nice 'Deer Head' Knife."... I was confused :confused:
He explained the word "Harts" means deer or animal in anglo-saxon (actually Middle English).
I told you he was way smarter than me.
Maybe Jack already covered that and I missed it.
Well, now you've got me thinking I should have gone with stag instead of rosewood, since stag is something from a hart's head...
No worries, I'm sure I'll like it no matter what. ;):thumbsup:

Well, now you've got me thinking I should have gone with stag instead of rosewood, since stag is something from a hart's head...

I am thinking I will likely regret not getting one of each example but I am trying to tighten up my knife purchasing. I went with Stag but would have been happy with either choice. I'll be looking forward to seeing your rosewood when it arrives.

Blimey Preston, what a lot of messing about! Hope you can get it sorted out soon :thumbsup:
Yes it is. Now they want to have me call them when the gremlins are at work and they will look 'by remote' to see if the technician can see what is going on and try to fix it. At the least I won't have to drive in and fight traffic.
Hi Preston. A “Walled Garden” is a reference to being in the Apple Universe. I long ago tired of the multitude of issues in a Windows environment. It did force me to up my my digital game, as I tired of the computer devils who never seemed to properly fix the computers. This is about Lambs and not about computer devil, but I would be happy to elaborate via PM, etc. Another fine look at your Snakewood Lambsfoot.
Thanks Harvey, I might do just that. I like Apple and it's products. TEW
Still the prob with the mouse, right? Wondering if you've tried rerouting/replacing the attaching cable (a kink will screw it up), or if wireless, replacing the batteries?
OG, I've tried three wired ones and using all different USB ports. They checked all the USB ports at the shop and said they're OK.
Here are some first looks. Very exciting. Look at that jigging!

AWkWk9q.jpg

YP3IJfc.jpg
Thank you for the pictures, Dylan, I'm really anxious, hoping to get one or both of these.
Just for fun, I arranged the pictures below so that the first letters of their handle materials spell out a message that I think could be another job responsibility of a Guardian of the Lambsfoot. If you have the time, see if you can "solve the puzzle". :D:thumbsup:

Handsome Horn with fantastic feathering, Barry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Epic Ebony, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Respendent Rosewood, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Damascus
Stag! :thumbsup::cool::cool: That snake is boots "on the hoof" (sort of), Dwight! :eek:

Invincible Ironwood and
Redoubtable Rosewood, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Immaculate Ironwood, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Superb Stag with dazzling damascus, OG! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

High-speed Horn with the racing stripes, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Bonny Bone on the Unity, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Earthy Ebony, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is your ring also ebony?? ;)

Exemplary Ebony, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ravishing Rosewood,
Sublime Stag. The haute couture slips are advantageous, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

END OF PUZZLE

Thanks for the compliment, Jack. :) Yeah, I'm sorry my family rejected your suggestion for fine dining! :(:rolleyes: The Detroit Tigers baseball team's logo is an "olde English D". ;)

Thanks, John. :) I can send you a copy of the document if you want to work on the assignment. ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Dave. :) That shirt suggests a life that must be so unfulfilling, Dave! ;):rolleyes:

That's why I had him looking at some geometry! ;)

Good advice, Vince and Dave. :D I will have to leave by 8pm so I can make the hour drive home before dark! :rolleyes:

Sorry to let you down, John. :( You can count on me having a beer with my supper every night, whether I post a pic or not.
PQByJRF.jpg

Thanks for your remarks, Greg. :) I'll see if I can come up with a geometry textbook recommendation. :cool::thumbsup: Radiant rosewood lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Such radiant red bone and joy-inducing jigging, Dylan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Cool pics! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on the AC, OG!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

More Black Jack:
View attachment 1144547

- GT
GT, my computer would not allow me to make such a post. You enjoy that beverage! Great photos of Black Jack!
I think @tmd_87 would love those! ;)
Ha, I was thinking the same Vince!!
I just went to the Seven Brothers Brewery Site. It’s real. The Brewery, of course, is in the UK. I’m hoping you will get some.
View attachment 1144682
Taylor is going to need a 'care package'
I am thinking I will likely regret not getting one of each example but I am trying to tighten up my knife purchasing. I went with Stag but would have been happy with either choice. I'll be looking forward to seeing your rosewood when it arrives.
Same here Dylan, I have to fight off the urge everyday!

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend. Happy Father's Day to all the dads in Guardianland. I've been enjoying the columbines and the DamiLami Senator.
IMG_1178.JPG

He's right John :) I'm sorry, I assumed it was common knowledge, 'The White Hart' is still a common pub name here :thumbsup: However, the knife is named for the small Hartshead area of Sheffield, where the world's first Barlow knives were made :) :thumbsup:

Here's a few pics from the Hartshead today. The large house in the second photo belonged to the Barlow's neighbours :thumbsup:

o0oB14l.jpg

OJXYdJY.jpg

4Q3ByKk.jpg

GsfGG34.jpg

MDVpTnB.jpg

6Ev3FsR.jpg

MSeE7C0.jpg

ucL4qyM.jpg

qSLSrB0.jpg

plR829F.jpg

Going with some Ebony for today.

a4LxB0r.jpg

Stunning pic Dylan :thumbsup:

Today my Guardians Ebony 18 is in good company with the legendary English plane Supermarine Spitfire MK.Vb!!;):thumbsup:

294i1zm.jpg

After some time she got bored and went skateboarding.:cool::thumbsup:

29wwq68.jpg

Cool pics Jose! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Not too late :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend. Happy Father's Day to all the dads in Guardianland. I've been enjoying the columbines and the DamiLami Senator.
IMG_1178.JPG

Looks great Preston, hope your computer woes are soon behind you :thumbsup:

qHX3aGk.jpg

4QCJKn0.jpg

Thanks for posting those pictures, Jack.
Those are some great historic buildings with special meaning to us Guardians.
I have saved the above picture to my desktop, the computer wallpaper will build my increasing excitement for my inbound Barlow. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great photos Jack!

Thanks guys, there's actually a village in Yorkshire called Hartshead, and the name, there at least, is supposedly derived from Herteshevet or Herteshede which is Scandinavian in origin and means Hill of Heort, Heort meaning Hart in modern English.

You never know when those light posts might be stolen!!

True, it would look great at the end of my driveway. Since the cameras are looking away from it; it should be a safe job. I do think I would have trouble getting it home to Oregon.

Here's a few pics from the Hartshead today. The large house in the second photo belonged to the Barlow's neighbours :thumbsup:

o0oB14l.jpg

OJXYdJY.jpg

4Q3ByKk.jpg

GsfGG34.jpg

MDVpTnB.jpg

6Ev3FsR.jpg

MSeE7C0.jpg

ucL4qyM.jpg

qSLSrB0.jpg

plR829F.jpg

Stunning pic Dylan :thumbsup:

Cool pics Jose! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Not too late :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Looks great Preston, hope your computer woes are soon behind you :thumbsup:

qHX3aGk.jpg

4QCJKn0.jpg
That one image of the 1780 Charity School for Poor Girls reminds me in some respects, of Oliver Twist at the Orphanage. Probably not a very nice environment at the time.

Last edited:
Back