Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I’m late to the party today cause I’ve been busy! However, I have been keeping excellent company all day! :thumbsup: :D

33472972508_516708bfa3_b_d.jpg

I know the feeling Ron, but that's a great pic of your AC :) :thumbsup:

I like the historically out of period CCTV cameras in the 7th picture right above a vintage light post.

You never know when those light posts might be stolen!!

Heaven forbid that anyone be able to walk two feet in this country without being recorded by at least a couple of CCTV cameras! :rolleyes: THere are others on the opposite side of the street too o_O

True, it would look great at the end of my driveway. Since the cameras are looking away from it; it should be a safe job. I do think I would have trouble getting it home to Oregon.

:D :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack, for the tour, how I would love to explore those streets.:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

It'd be great to show you around Dave, a few of our Guardians have walked those streets with me :) :thumbsup:

That one image of the 1780 Charity School for Poor Girls reminds me in some respects, of Oliver Twist at the Orphanage. Probably not a very nice environment at the time.

That building is next to the church (now a cathedral) Harvey, and on the opposite side, there is a similar plaque for the School for Poor Boys, they both had playgrounds up on the roof. The children weren't confined there, but I think the lessons would have been just the basic '3 R's, since most children started work at a very young age. My grandfather started part-time work at 5, and full-time work at 7, and that was in the early 20th century! :eek:

Wonderful old streets and buildings Jack. Thanks for posting them.

View attachment 1145109

Thank you Dwight, yet another fabulous pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good Evening Guardians
Silly picture of my Caged Lamb :D

It looks like it has acquired a threaded bolster John! :D Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I see more tape and bubble-wrap, and a trip to the post office, in my future! :rolleyes: Have a great weekend folks :) :thumbsup:

ijZZwQ3.jpg

I am on my own this weekend, which has actually worked out quite well :) After a mammoth trip to the post office, I went for coffee and blueberry croissants, and read my newspaper. Interesting piece about Alcock & Brown :thumbsup:

s1vcNKC.jpg

https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads...-arthur-whitten-brown-aviation-century-later/

I'll probably tip a glass to their memory (and to the centenary of the first Transatlantic air crossing) later, but first I have more work to do o_O ;) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I see more tape and bubble-wrap, and a trip to the post office, in my future!
After a mammoth trip to the post office, I went for coffee and blueberry croissants, and read my newspaper.

Sounds like you've been having a productive day, Jack. :cool: :thumbsup:

While I wait for Barlow, I'm going with the ones I have. Today I walk with this stag after polished!!!:):thumbsup:

ne8fbq.jpg
The polished stag a very unique look. :cool: :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Having coffee in the new mug that one of my students gave me. My students call me Mr. D. because my last name is pretty tough for them to pronounce. I'll be heading down to the Bay Area again today to watch my younger son perform. I'm hoping for lighter traffic this time. :confused:

Sounds like you've been having a productive day, Jack. :cool: :thumbsup:

Yes my friend, your Jammie Dodgers are on the way ;) :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Having coffee in the new mug that one of my students gave me. My students call me Mr. D. because my last name is pretty tough for them to pronounce. I'll be heading down to the Bay Area again today to watch my younger son perform. I'm hoping for lighter traffic this time. :confused:

Cool gift John, have a great time today :) :thumbsup:

I think I'd better stand pat, lest I starve like Buridan's Ass.
aZNoLgX.jpg

:D :thumbsup:

Beautiful image Harvey and let me echo your sentiments about Apple. I have used MacBook Pro for many years with virtually zero issues. I love Macintosh Magic.
Regarding computers, I'll jump on the Apple bandwagon, too! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I've been a Macintosh user since 1984 with virtually no regrets. We had an HP with some version of Windows at home for a while, mainly because that's what my wife used at work at the time, but I almost never used it, and didn't really understand it.

I always keep my eye on that superb Ironwood of yours, Taylor! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

You and me both pal! You can still get an AW&S anyday and they're the real McCoy!

2djtqw.jpg
That's a big-league triple play of stag lambsfoots, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Does the "monogram" on the bolster stamp represent "Always Winning Stag"?? :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That was a fun wake up activity. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. ;)
Beautiful horn on your Lambsfoot. :)
Glad you liked the little puzzle, John. :) I hope I didn't insult anyone's intelligence by "bolding" the relevant letters. It made things easier, but I'm not sure how clearly we all think first thing in the morning. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the positive comment on my Lam Jack's horn handles in my beer pic. :)

Good Morning Guardians
I went to pick up my older son from college yesterday. It was a decent drive down to Santa Clara, only took 3-1/2 hours with slight traffic. We packed up all his stuff, cleaned his dorm room, and headed home. The drive home took 6 hours... I HATE Bay Area traffic!!! :mad:
It'll be nice to have him home for the Summer.

Rousing rosewood to start the day, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Glad you got your son home safely for the summer. Does he have a job/internship lined up for the summer?

Very clever GT, and thanks for the compliment :) :thumbsup:

LOL! I think the nearest The Blue Bell get to 'fine dining' is some pork pies on the bar! :D Some consider those very fine though ;) :D :thumbsup:
Thanks for the encouragement, Jack. :) I think I'd find a pork pie quite fine, but I know my wife wouldn't, and for my daughter, it would depend on the food fad phase she's in currently. :rolleyes:

An Ashleys Choice today my friends. :D
View attachment 1144646
Dwight, Dave, Ron:
Those ACs!! Ay Caramba!!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Going with some Ebony for today.

a4LxB0r.jpg
Exquisite ebony, Dylan! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

You are one Cleaver guy, Wally :)
OG
Aw, Beav, you're just giving me the business! :thumbsup::D

Today my Guardians Ebony 18 is in good company with the legendary English plane Supermarine Spitfire MK.Vb!!;):thumbsup:

294i1zm.jpg
After some time she got bored and went skateboarding.:cool::thumbsup:

29wwq68.jpg
That ebony is enchanting with either mode of transportation, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

GT, my computer would not allow me to make such a post. You enjoy that beverage! Great photos of Black Jack!
Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend. Happy Father's Day to all the dads in Guardianland. I've been enjoying the columbines and the DamiLami Senator.
IMG_1178.JPG
Thanks for the good words, Preston. :) I hope your computer is soon working as well as that fully functional stylish stag senator! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I spy an Oxeye! ;):D Splendid pic, Dwight! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Another day with Black Jack:
mark.closed.fly.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Back