Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good Monday to all. Great pics by everyone :thumbsup: especially that Damascus/Snakewood beauty belonging to cigarrodog cigarrodog :cool:
Speaking of pics, here's some I took in a hurry today:

0617190902_hd_720_hdr-jpg.1146537

They are absolutely FANTASTIC :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're gonna love 'em!
Another outta the park slam by Jack :D F&F is superb. BEST, YET!!
AMAZING!!!
THANKS, JACK :cool::D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Superb OG, this makes me more anxious for the wait to receive mines!!
Congratulations on the beautiful Barlows.:):thumbsup:

Honestly guys, I do not dress like that when drinking Drambuie! :eek: :D Your ebony '18 is looking great Jose, hopefully your Hartshead Barlow will soon be travelling over the seas to see you ;) :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, I did not either.
As for Hartshead Barlow, I look forward to receiving them, but patience is a good counselor!:D:thumbsup:

Good Evening Guardians
Silly picture of my Caged Lamb :D
Not a silly pic, John, until you try to coop up Sköll like that!! :eek:;)

Morning Guardians, I see more tape and bubble-wrap, and a trip to the post office, in my future! :rolleyes: Have a great weekend folks :) :thumbsup:

ijZZwQ3.jpg
Jack, I'm impressed with both your stag barlow and your fortune-telling talents!! :cool::cool:;)

I'm off this morning to watch my Grand Son play T ball then to a pond for kids to fish on fathers day.
View attachment 1145221
Dave, your "little black lambsfoot" is appropriate for any social occasion! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for asking, and yes, he does.
He is working on a research project with one of his physics professors.
He will be creating computer code and running data for heat transference.
The best part is... it's a work-at-home paid position. :cool: :thumbsup:
That sounds far more interesting (and hopefully more lucrative) than my summer job cleaning schools when I was a college student. :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Actually, I kinda enjoyed that job, and did it for 3 summers, followed by a summer as "the floor guy" on a nursing home maintenance crew. ;))

The Blue Bell is a small traditional pub Gary, and pubs like that don't normally sell food, though I think they do sandwiches in addition to the pies now. In the past, pubs like that wouldn't even have had pies :thumbsup:

Nice to see Black Jack has a friend ;) :thumbsup:

cs42usT.jpg

It's after 4.00pm here, so I'm knocking off for the day, and I'm going to have a beer and then cook something :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the Blue Bell info and for the Black Jack compliment, Jack Black Jack Black . :) Sounds like you have a good plan. :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Today being Stagurday, I’m hoping it’s as smooth as this one! :thumbsup: :)

29214853668_22602d38c0_b_d.jpg
Nice Stag Saturday choice, Ron, and although I don't know much French, wouldn't that Père David stag lambsfoot be a great Father's Day choice, too?? ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

... There are a good many 25 yr olds now days that would struggle with a full time job. Alas...
Insult my intelligence? I didn't even notice the emboldened letters and therefore struggled until I broke down sobbing. It was embarrassing. When I looked up Cherri was standing there with a brown paper sack and said - "Here breathe into this for a little while" :oops: :rolleyes:

Gracias paisano!

:D very good :cool:
Shoot, I started to struggle with my full time job at age 64. :rolleyes:
Sorry to have overtaxed you with my puzzle, Dwight! :( Cherri must love you very much to take care of you like that in your time of need! :thumbsup::p

5K Qs 5K Qs Apple and Black Jack forever. A nice catch of the flying insect on the blade. I don't think you can help yourself from making nice images, GT.
In the mid 80s, I worked on a story with a writer about Father Zarlenga, a Dominican Priest, who was famed for his church stain glass windows. Vatican trained, he had a work shop in a local college in the States. ...

In his workshop, he showed me various life masks, and asked me if I would like one made of me. I said, humbly, yes, thinking it would be a simple mask. Instead, he turned me into something you would see from Antiquity. I have kept it as a fond memory of this gentleman, who sadly has passed.
View attachment 1145323
Thanks for the kind words, Harvey. :) A couple of our BF members from Austin TX, @r8shell and @Gevonovich, inspired me with their occasional entomological knife pics, so when I saw that Black Jack was attracting flies, I had to give it a try. :p

That mask is incredibly cool :cool::cool::thumbsup: (and a little bit creepy :eek:)!

Had some of these with the coffee and cereal earlier this morning :cool:
OG
thPQ9UO.jpg
Splendid pic of your new AC, OG! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Usually, we think of "a cherry on top" as something special added to something already good to make it even better. So your AC on top of the cherries to put on top of stuff is extraordinarily special! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Happy Saturday Guardians! I hope everyone is well and wanted to thank you all for the kind words on the photos and upcoming knee surgery. Attached is a few very long overdue family photos.

View attachment 1145417 View attachment 1145418 View attachment 1145419 View attachment 1145420

Have a great weekend!
View attachment 1145422
View attachment 1145421
Compelling pics of your quality quintet of lambsfoots, @StoneBeard; thanks for posting them!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Gary that 18 in Ebony is awesome!;):thumbsup:
Thanks, José; the ebony lambsfoots are superb, so I'm glad you got one! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Newly sharpened what has become my daily driver(er . . . Knife)
kGeA4St.jpg

Ebony A. Wright lamb is new to get touched up.
That striped ebony is very distinctive, @salty141!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Hope all you Guardian's are having a good weekend.
I will be back to catch up a little later.
48064456522_90fa4a2914_h.jpg
Cool pic, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Did I miss a memo about displaying ebony lambsfoot knives with various modes of transportation? You have yours in a dump truck shortly after Pt-Luso Pt-Luso had his with an airplane and with a skateboard. I wonder if mine with a housefly sitting on it qualifies for the theme? :rolleyes:

Do hope your Saturday is going well...
Had Rosie out for a stroll...
IMG_1181.JPG

Thanks GT, I've been frustrated with this one because it has that Jekyll and Hyde personality
Fetching foto of your rosewood, Preston! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Best wishes for an end to your tech troubles very soon.

I carry a lambsfoot...
hlrWbnd.jpg

Because I love English folders.

How 'bout you?
:thumbsup::thumbsup::D Good example, Vince!

Thank you very much Jack for the hand delivery of my beautiful new barlow (partly out of necessity due to the new UK knife laws that have recently come to pass). It was a pleasure to meet you. The knife is wonderful, and for everyone waiting for theirs to cross the 'pond' you are in for a treat - it will be with the wait. View attachment 1145751
Congratulations on the Hartshead rosewood lambsfoot Barlow, @WDJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I may resort to an acronym like HRLFB. :rolleyes:) Yours looks fantastic, with the beveled handle slabs! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Trying to finish what I started ... ;)
I carry a Lambfoot bladed piece on a regular basis .
Happy Father's Day my friends .
Harry
Belated same to you, Harry; man, your TEW lambsfoot is SMOOOOOTH! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Memorable pic with the tree rings complementing the damascus rings on the blade, Dwight! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

KSuF61x.jpg

Hope everyone had a good Father's Day. Had a quiet weekend with my family myself.
Vince, you may not be a moderator, but you're a heck of a picture-taking guy! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Radiant shot of your African rosewood!

Thank you. The maker is Thomas Turner & Co, Sheffield. I measure the closed length as 4 1/16" - but the eyes are a little blurry :rolleyes:
That's a hoary and handsome example, OG!!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Had an absolutely great father's day! We went to the Calaveras Big Trees. Then we went to the Mercer Cavern....16 stories down in the ground. Then dinner with my family! Such a great day!
twq8AY3.jpg

View attachment 1146277
View attachment 1146276
View attachment 1146275
Capped off with a great beer!
View attachment 1146278
Carried my 19 Ebony knife alllllll day!
Superlative pics of the natural wonders you visited, Taylor, and your 2018 Guardians Ebony is almost a natural wonder itself! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Sounds like you and the family had a wonderful time :thumbsup:
Do they still turn the lights out in the Caverns? Went there one time and they turned the lights out. So I thought I'd be romantic and kiss the side of my wife's neck in the dark. So I got behind her and did the deed - but when the lights went back on, there was a Japanese male tourist standing in front of me instead of my wife :eek: He didn't do or say anything, just looked straight ahead and I did one of those silent side step things as quick as I could :rolleyes: True story!
OG
Great story, OG! :D:p:D That's probably why they have laws against Public Displays of Affection, even in the dark! :rolleyes:

Howdy / Happy Fathers Day to all!
:D:thumbsup:
(Another)Beautiful photo / knife and painting, Dave!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
My carry (around the house) today.
aM4PpnV.jpg
Same greetings to you, Dennis (even if I'm a day late). ;)
Thanks for the Kristofferson link; The Silver Tongued Devil and I is one of my favorite albums, but it doesn't contain this classic. :cool::cool:
Picturesque patina on your Ironwood! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey guys - just checking in - sitting at Bali Airport now about to board- final flight a 9 hour flight aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhh

:(

:(

If ONLY I could check on my knives. :(
Will post when I land in NZ and check on my knives immediately @ around 5am Tuesday ( we left Amsterdam Sunday 2.30pm lol ).

Loving the Hartshead Barlow shots and Preston’s outside shot is lovely :thumbsup:
Thanks for the travel updates, Duncan; what a marathon! :eek:

Good Morning Guardians
Rockin' Rosewood, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

I was alive in the 70s, and I don't remember men wearing scarves like that, but maybe I didn't hang around with the right kind of international playboys and secret agents. At any rate, you owe me 3:58 minutes of my life back.

Good morning, Guardians!
qPtLJUV.jpg
If you get your 4 minutes back, will you represent me in an attempt to have about, oh, 20 years of wasted time?? :mad::rolleyes:
Iconic Ironwood! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Y’all have a great Monday! :D

32435626497_e2b5e2c447_b_d.jpg
That's a captivating classic, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Goodness Gracious Snakes Alive, Harvey!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Fantastic shot!

Rusty chestnut pan Lambfoot

Impressive Ironwood image, @Ironwood Chris! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I haven't posted here in a bit I bought a recording set up and have been spending almost all my time playing with it and neglected my knife hobby. That old saying "The only difference between boy's and men are the price of their toys." and I have sure been playing with my new toys. :D:D

733VL3f.jpg
Good to see you here, Randy, with that classic, classy IX*L lambsfoot Barlow! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
(Going to share any sound files with us that you've been working on?? ;):cool:)

I remember The Champions! Two guys and a girl, secret agents, crashed in the Himalayas and got reassembled and improved by magic lamas (not llamas).
Maybe I should put Old Stumpy in a drone and send him to Shangri-La.
hDvWO3d.jpg

Good Monday to all. Great pics by everyone :thumbsup: especially that Damascus/Snakewood beauty belonging to cigarrodog cigarrodog :cool:
Speaking of pics, here's some I took in a hurry today:

View attachment 1146537 View attachment 1146538 View attachment 1146541 View attachment 1146542 View attachment 1146543 View attachment 1146544 View attachment 1146545

They are absolutely FANTASTIC :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're gonna love 'em!
Another outta the park slam by Jack :D F&F is superb. BEST, YET!!
AMAZING!!!
THANKS, JACK :cool::D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Congrats on taking delivery of that incredible pair, OG; thanks for sharing your pics! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: That stag looks like it's quite a handful!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I thought I'd say a bit more about this. William Gaunt is a middling British actor, who appeared in a variety of TV roles, as well as on the stage.

Champions-Gaunt.JPG

He was quite young in The Champions, but a couple of decades later, he was in some awful early evening BBC sit-com, which ran for some years. For contractual reasons, at the end of each episode, a voice would announce, "William Gaunt is now appearing in When Did You Last See Your Trousers? at the Shaftsbury Theatre (or wherever). Everytime the show was repeated, so was the pre-recorded announcement.

In the 1980's, I was out walking in the English Peak District on a hill called Kinder Scout, which at just over 2,000ft is Derbyshire's only 'mountain'. It was mid-week, in winter, and so there was nobody about. As I walked around the summit plateau, I was surprised to see a figure walking to me through the mist. As he got closer, I was even more surprised to see that it was William Gaunt. We said hello, and each continued on our ways, but just as I passed him, I couldn't resist asking, "Are you looking for your trousers?" I didn't wait for a reply! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:
Jack, your photo appears in the dictionary next to "raconteur"!! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Monday is the day I change my knives for the week (unless I do it Sunday evening). My Lambsfoots take their turns alphabetically by their given names, so after Black Jack last week, it's Cracker Jack, the AC Lambsfoot, this week. Here he is, acting triumphantly, master of all he surveys:
cj.pile.Vopen.gardenpost.jpg

- GT

Monday is the day I change my knives for the week (unless I do it Sunday evening). My Lambsfoots take their turns alphabetically by their given names, so after Black Jack last week, it's Cracker Jack, the AC Lambsfoot, this week. Here he is, acting triumphantly, master of all he surveys:
cj-pile-vopen-gardenpost-jpg.1146640

Gary, this Cracker Jack is great.;):thumbsup:

CI9VKr0.jpg

Stromboli!:D

Looks fantastic David :) :thumbsup:

Thanks guys and the "First to Receive in the US" record remains intact :cool: :thumbsup:
Now that I've come back down to earth a bit - instead of going into a lot of detail and putting up a bunch of pics, I've decided to let others have the first hand pleasure of sharing the joy they will experience when they receive their Hartsheads, and let them post to their "Harts" (sic) content.
I will say that the pins and the tweed slips are touches that complete the entire package. Thank you, Jack.
And I will also say that these Barlows are quintessential and exemplary examples of design and craftsmanship. I think it was Taylor that once used the word "iconic" when describing a knife. That word is more than fitting here. Mega grats and thanks to ALL involved :thumbsup:.
Like most here, I have more than a few knives of various designs/patterns from various makers.
With that thought in mind, I want to add that although the Hartshead probably will not receive the attention it deserves outside of our somewhat limited circle, I wholeheartedly feel it should be in the running for "Knife of the Year".
OG

Did you get the first one last time OG? :) :thumbsup: I'm glad that you like them my friend, these knives have been a lot of work for me, Wright's have certainly not made anything like this before. I have been amazed by the quality of my knives, so much so that I needed to have it validated, so it is great that they are now arriving across the pond. Your two examples certainly look very fine :) :thumbsup:

The tweed slips and pins are a gift to everyone :) :thumbsup:

While your communal spirit is laudable, I for one hope you post at least some more images of those beauties when the spirit moves you. Looking forward to it.

Me too :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, dog. Right now, the first priority is to flush and probably touch up the edges. And, it's shuffleboard (table) night, Priorities, amigo, priorities...:)

Yes, don't forget the flushing of the joints! :D I never really ask them about the edges, but mine seem pretty good, as did Duncan's, but I'm looking forward to seeing how others find them :) :thumbsup:

Whoa, I can not wait to get mine....hoping for a delivery this week!!! Again, a huge congrats, and thanks JACK BLACK!

Thank you Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, I did not either.
As for Hartshead Barlow, I look forward to receiving them, but patience is a good counselor!:D:thumbsup:

It is indeed my friend :) :thumbsup:

Jack, I'm impressed with both your stag barlow and your fortune-telling talents!! :cool::cool:;)

Dave, your "little black lambsfoot" is appropriate for any social occasion! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That sounds far more interesting (and hopefully more lucrative) than my summer job cleaning schools when I was a college student. :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Actually, I kinda enjoyed that job, and did it for 3 summers, followed by a summer as "the floor guy" on a nursing home maintenance crew. ;))

Thanks for the Blue Bell info and for the Black Jack compliment, Jack Black Jack Black . :) Sounds like you have a good plan. :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Nice Stag Saturday choice, Ron, and although I don't know much French, wouldn't that Père David stag lambsfoot be a great Father's Day choice, too?? ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Shoot, I started to struggle with my full time job at age 64. :rolleyes:
Sorry to have overtaxed you with my puzzle, Dwight! :( Cherri must love you very much to take care of you like that in your time of need! :thumbsup::p

Thanks for the kind words, Harvey. :) A couple of our BF members from Austin TX, @r8shell and @Gevonovich, inspired me with their occasional entomological knife pics, so when I saw that Black Jack was attracting flies, I had to give it a try. :p

That mask is incredibly cool :cool::cool::thumbsup: (and a little bit creepy :eek:)!

Splendid pic of your new AC, OG! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Usually, we think of "a cherry on top" as something special added to something already good to make it even better. So your AC on top of the cherries to put on top of stuff is extraordinarily special! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Compelling pics of your quality quintet of lambsfoots, @StoneBeard; thanks for posting them!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, José; the ebony lambsfoots are superb, so I'm glad you got one! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That striped ebony is very distinctive, @salty141!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Cool pic, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Did I miss a memo about displaying ebony lambsfoot knives with various modes of transportation? You have yours in a dump truck shortly after Pt-Luso Pt-Luso had his with an airplane and with a skateboard. I wonder if mine with a housefly sitting on it qualifies for the theme? :rolleyes:

Fetching foto of your rosewood, Preston! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Best wishes for an end to your tech troubles very soon.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::D Good example, Vince!

Congratulations on the Hartshead rosewood lambsfoot Barlow, @WDJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I may resort to an acronym like HRLFB. :rolleyes:) Yours looks fantastic, with the beveled handle slabs! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

Jack, your photo appears in the dictionary next to "raconteur"!! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

View attachment 1146640

- GT

LOL! :D Probably too late for me to make a living out of it GT ;)

Very impressive my friend :) :thumbsup:

Attention all Guardians they are getting better and better. Just a couple of quick snaps but these are very special. The stag is insane!View attachment 1146645 View attachment 1146646

I'm glad they made it Alan, they're something aren't they? :) :thumbsup:

nice image, John. What’s the background?
Thanks, Harvey.
The background is a metal serving plate with different brands on it.
I took a picture of my Lamb with the Rocking R brand because I used to work for a ranch in Idaho that ran that brand.

Rockin' Rosewood, John!
I see what you did there, you clever fellow. ;)

Thank you Gary! The Père David Stag is actually a great choice for any day! :thumbsup::)

That's a captivating classic, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

cj-pile-vopen-gardenpost-jpg.1146640
Thanks again Gary! Your AC is certainly a masterful Cracker Jack! :thumbsup::)

Attention all Guardians they are getting better and better. Just a couple of quick snaps but these are very special. The stag is insane!View attachment 1146645 View attachment 1146646
Alan those really are beautiful Barlow’s! :thumbsup: Mine have finally got out of the Queens NY Jail and are hopefully on their way southward! :D

Back