Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Cool pic, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Did I miss a memo about displaying ebony lambsfoot knives with various modes of transportation? You have yours in a dump truck shortly after @Pt-Luso had his with an airplane and with a skateboard. I wonder if mine with a housefly sitting on it qualifies for the theme? :rolleyes:
I don't know.... How big was the housefly ? :D
Thanks, GT.

Shoot, I started to struggle with my full time job at age 64. :rolleyes:
Sorry to have overtaxed you with my puzzle, Dwight! :( Cherri must love you very much to take care of you like that in your time of need!
:D

Memorable pic with the tree rings complementing the damascus rings on the blade, Dwight!
Thank you GT!

The tweed slips and pins are a gift to everyone
Thank you Jack for the kind gesture of gifting the tweed slips and the pins. This thread, the countless courtesies you extend to everyone daily, the dedication and devotion displayed in your tireless efforts to provide us with one-of-a-kind exquisite old world cutlery, and the list goes on... All of these are gifts from you to us. Thank you seems absurdly inadequate. But thank you nonetheless my friend.

IMG_6710.jpeg

Thank you GT!

Thank you Jack for the kind gesture of gifting the tweed slips and the pins. This thread, the countless courtesies you extend to everyone daily, the dedication and devotion displayed in your tireless efforts to provide us with one-of-a-kind exquisite old world cutlery, and the list goes on... All of these are gifts from you to us. Thank you seems absurdly inadequate. But thank you nonetheless my friend.

View attachment 1146808
here here! :thumbsup::D
tenor.gif

Well said, Dwight.

All our boats rise with Jack's tide. :thumbsup: My point is - that there are many a splendid in this splendid group. You among many Dwight. Jack's manner and efforts, generosity and enthusiasm, drew us in and allowed it all to happen - they way it should be...

Ray

Thank you GT!

View attachment 1146808
A pure joy to hear you express, Dwight, so eloquently what we all feel. Thank you.

Did you get the first one last time OG? :) :thumbsup: I'm glad that you like them my friend, these knives have been a lot of work for me, Wright's have certainly not made anything like this before. I have been amazed by the quality of my knives, so much so that I needed to have it validated, so it is great that they are now arriving across the pond. Your two examples certainly look very fine :) :thumbsup:
The tweed slips and pins are a gift to everyone :) :thumbsup:

Yes, don't forget the flushing of the joints! :D I never really ask them about the edges, but mine seem pretty good, as did Duncan's, but I'm looking forward to seeing how others find them :) :thumbsup:
Well, I did get carried away with that statement - erroneously overly enthusiastic I guess :oops: Apologies.
HOWEVER, I have been 1st to receive within the state of CA 3 times running :thumbsup: (for whatever that is worth) :rolleyes:
The edge on both are fine with no probs at all. Please understand that no fault finding was intended.
I can find nothing to be upset about with either one! The quality of both is OUTSTANDING and I am ecstatic!
Your extraordinary efforts, and those of Wright's, are certainly evident and greatly appreciated. VERY WELL DONE :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
If I decide to touch them up, it will be just a way to proudly make them especially MINE :rolleyes:...and the joints have been flushed :thumbsup:

Hey Guardians!
I must apologise for the delay in getting back to you, I picked my bag up from the Airport and saw that the wire tie had not been cut off ( which means nothing to the Airport security I know- a simple pen through the Zipper = entry ) - so I wasn't carrying a pocket knife and waited until I got home to check if everything was still in my bag - in other words - are my knives ok?
And the answer is Yes!!!! I was Rapt!to find everything safe and well - But I had to see to my lovely wee Izzy who is so so old now and we were so worried about her during our time away - soooo good to see her and hold her again :rolleyes: I Then just had to hit the Hay for a few hours!
The Weather was a bit up and down so I charged my Battery for some shots hopefully tomorrow.
Thank you again Jack, and I am liking seeing a few reviews coming in for these latest Knives, I wouldnt go on so much about them if they weren't as good as they are- so really looking forward to seeing more ecstatic Guardians reviews upon receiving their Knives!:) :thumbsup:

I keep meaning to try it as a liner for my Tilley. But only n the backyard. I'm not quite secure enough in my eccentricities to try it in public.
ek7sCoD.jpg

:D :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black The f&f is excellent and the w&t is even with a hard pull (like I like it) without being too hard which can sometimes be the case. Oh, and did I mention the stag. It's gorgeous, evenly matched, not too thick or thin.

I'm glad you're impressed Alan :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black
It was a very good stromboli, but your barlows are a recipe for success! The ones posted so far are nothing short of amazing :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you David :) :thumbsup:

Maybe just as well. Accidents can happen upon those clouded hills.

Yes indeed! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 1146808

here here! :thumbsup::D
tenor.gif

Well said, Dwight.

All our boats rise with Jack's tide. :thumbsup: My point is - that there are many a splendid in this splendid group. You among many Dwight. Jack's manner and efforts, generosity and enthusiasm, drew us in and allowed it all to happen - they way it should be...

Ray

A pure joy to hear you express, Dwight, so eloquently what we all feel. Thank you.

Thank you very much guys, I'm touched :) :thumbsup:

Well, I did get carried away with that statement - erroneously overly enthusiastic I guess :oops: Apologies.
HOWEVER, I have been 1st to receive within the state of CA 3 times running :thumbsup: (for whatever that is worth) :rolleyes:
The edge on both are fine with no probs at all. Please understand that no fault finding was intended.
I can find nothing to be upset about with either one! The quality of both is OUTSTANDING and I am ecstatic!
Your extraordinary efforts, and those of Wright's, are certainly evident and greatly appreciated. VERY WELL DONE :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
If I decide to touch them up, it will be just a way to proudly make them especially MINE :rolleyes:...and the joints have been flushed :thumbsup:

Thank you OG, definitely flush those joints! :D :thumbsup:

Hey Guardians!
I must apologise for the delay in getting back to you, I picked my bag up from the Airport and saw that the wire tie had not been cut off ( which means nothing to the Airport security I know- a simple pen through the Zipper = entry ) - so I wasn't carrying a pocket knife and waited until I got home to check if everything was still in my bag - in other words - are my knives ok?
And the answer is Yes!!!! I was Rapt!to find everything safe and well - But I had to see to my lovely wee Izzy who is so so old now and we were so worried about her during our time away - soooo good to see her and hold her again :rolleyes: I Then just had to hit the Hay for a few hours!
The Weather was a bit up and down so I charged my Battery for some shots hopefully tomorrow.
Thank you again Jack, and I am liking seeing a few reviews coming in for these latest Knives, I wouldnt go on so much about them if they weren't as good as they are- so really looking forward to seeing more ecstatic Guardians reviews upon receiving their Knives!:) :thumbsup:

Hey Duncan! Great to hear you are back at home with Izzy, rested, and with your pointy treasure unmolested. Good luck with those shots tomorrow mate :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, nice to see the Hartshead Barlows arriving :) I will be off to the post office again this morning. I don't usually use the self-service in stores, but I do in the post office as it saves a lot of stupid questions, and takes a lot less time to do it myself :rolleyes: I have got to know the chap who oversees the bank of machines that I bought him some cough sweets (candy) for his cold yesterday :D Hope I don't catch it! :eek: ;) :D Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

JptgQL2.jpg

Good Monday to all. Great pics by everyone :thumbsup: especially that Damascus/Snakewood beauty belonging to cigarrodog cigarrodog :cool:
Speaking of pics, here's some I took in a hurry today:

View attachment 1146537 View attachment 1146538 View attachment 1146541 View attachment 1146542 View attachment 1146543 View attachment 1146544 View attachment 1146545

They are absolutely FANTASTIC :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're gonna love 'em!
Another outta the park slam by Jack :D F&F is superb. BEST, YET!!
AMAZING!!!
THANKS, JACK :cool::D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attention all Guardians they are getting better and better. Just a couple of quick snaps but these are very special. The stag is insane!View attachment 1146645 View attachment 1146646

:D :thumbsup:

I'm glad you're impressed Alan :) :thumbsup:

Thank you David :) :thumbsup:

Yes indeed! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thank you very much guys, I'm touched :) :thumbsup:

Thank you OG, definitely flush those joints! :D :thumbsup:

Hey Duncan! Great to hear you are back at home with Izzy, rested, and with your pointy treasure unmolested. Good luck with those shots tomorrow mate :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, nice to see the Hartshead Barlows arriving :) I will be off to the post office again this morning. I don't usually use the self-service in stores, but I do in the post office as it saves a lot of stupid questions, and takes a lot less time to do it myself :rolleyes: I have got to know the chap who oversees the bank of machines that I bought him some cough sweets (candy) for his cold yesterday :D Hope I don't catch it! :eek: ;) :D Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

JptgQL2.jpg
Absolutely AWESOME looking stag, gents! :thumbsup::thumbsup: That Rosewood is very handsome too, Jack! You must be well pleased. ;) On pins and needles here, waiting! I haven't been able to upload pics from my phone to Imgur recently, so please excuse my lack of participation.
An older photo.
33rQF2s.jpg

Strangely, I have found that Sheffield cutlers rarely seem to carry a pocket knife. That was true of the young cutler who made our Hartshead Barlows until recently. He liked the pattern so much, he decided he wanted one for himself. I not only like the idea he wanted one of our knives to carry, but that it is almost certainly the first knife he has made with steel liners and bolsters (Wright's ordinarily using brass and nickel silver respectively). He decided he wanted to fancy his Barlow up a bit with a file-worked back-spring and coined liners, and he made one for me too, which he presented me as a gift :) :thumbsup:

GpaZFiU.jpg

sOwEyGy.jpg

Absolutely AWESOME looking stag, gents! :thumbsup::thumbsup: That Rosewood is very handsome too, Jack! You must be well pleased. ;) On pins and needles here, waiting! I haven't been able to upload pics from my phone to Imgur recently, so please excuse my lack of participation.
An older photo.
33rQF2s.jpg

Many thanks Mark, I was pleased by how well the Rosewood works on these knives, and indeed I'm very pleased with how well they have turned out overall. I had no drawing or sample, and just had the knife 'in my head' so to speak, until they were all completed :) That is an excellent pic of that great-looking knife Mark. I wonder what the problem is with Imgur, I seem to recall having a similar problem myself the other week, but it only lasted a day or so, and may have been caused by a poor internet connection rather than by Imgur :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack.
It took a while to work the edge to where I wanted it, seems Wright's does a good and proper heat treat.
Now that the edge is set, it lasts a good long time and it's pretty easy to tune it up again.

I need to touch up a few of mine too John, been hard to find any free time recently. I have been very pleased with how Wright's steel performs. I originally considered an upgrade, but I am quite happy with their C70, it sharpens up great, and the edge lasts long enough for me, certainly :) :thumbsup:

Strangely, I have found that Sheffield cutlers rarely seem to carry a pocket knife. That was true of the young cutler who made our Hartshead Barlows until recently. He liked the pattern so much, he decided he wanted one for himself. I not only like the idea he wanted one of our knives to carry, but that it is almost certainly the first knife he has made with steel liners and bolsters (Wright's ordinarily using brass and nickel silver respectively). He decided he wanted to fancy his Barlow up a bit with a file-worked back-spring and coined liners, and he made one for me too, which he presented me as a gift :) :thumbsup:

GpaZFiU.jpg

sOwEyGy.jpg
Such a special knife, made even more so. :cool::thumbsup:

Back