Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Just turned up in the mail this morning. What a superb knife! These Hartshead Barlow's are something else. Love the Script on the bolster, so olde worlde looking. The complete knife is a joy to look at. Thank you Jack for getting Arthur Wright & Sons to make these specials!
Russell

img_1993-1-jpg.1146990

Congratulations Rusty, another Stag Barlow stunning!!!:):thumbsup:

Love that Rosewood!

Here's my current herd

View attachment 1147099

Thanks buddy, nearly missed your post :eek: Wow, what a great collection :) :thumbsup:

Thank you so much, fellas. I really wish I could know more about this knife but the absence of a tang stamp and other identifying markings makes it likely impossible to know more. Some of the neat features of this knife though that set it apart from the others in my collection are interesting.

Though it has nickel silver bolsters, it has steel liners and pins, quite curious. It also sports the thinnest blade out of all of my Lambsfoot knives, it cuts like a laser! It also has the stoutest pull out of any of my knives, the snap could likely remove a finger!

Thank you, OG! I can't attest to the age of mine, though it is certainly older than all of my other Lambsfoot knives. I hope to find an old Joseph Rodgers or TEW or even from another firm one of these days, it would certainly class up my collection some.

Your herd is quite impressive! Lovely knives!

Elk are some of my favorite creatures. Beautiful, powerful, spiritual, and yes... Delicious.

I have a few nice anonymous knives Dylan, and it is frustrating :( At least you know that one was made in Sheffield ;) Very interesting knife, and beautiful of course :) :thumbsup:

As always, there is just no way for me to keep up with the pace of this thread. I commend those of you that do!
I had some family in from out of town this last week and got to show them all over Northern California. We spent the last two days in Yosemite so I could show them the newly re-opened Mariposa Grove and, of course, Yosemite Valley. I tend to stay away from the valley altogether and especially during the summer months (April/May or Sept/Oct is ideal)...but it never gets old. I might enjoy showing Yosemite to folks for the first time just as much as I enjoy being there myself...which is a lot :thumbsup:
My wife gave this coin to me because she knows I am the reincarnated John Muir :)
View attachment 1147114
El Capitan
View attachment 1147115
Upper and Lower Yosemite Falls (which were flowing like I've never seen before this time of year)
View attachment 1147116

It flies doesn't it Darren?! :eek: Thank you for the fantastic photos, I love your coin :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations Jack, this Barlow is simply stunning!!!:D:eek::thumbsup:

Thanks Jose :) :thumbsup:

While the precious Barlows does not arrive, walk in my pocket these two beautiful pieces!;):thumbsup:

33o77gl.jpg

Both lovely Jose :) :thumbsup:

Dwight, kayaking would be great for the 20 seconds or so you'd have before getting sucked under the big fir tree across the river a few yards downstream (and upstream). There are many opportunities for white water in the area, but this portion is unnavigable except for the elk, which cross these river without a second thought.

VEOZDW7.jpg

This guy crossed the Hoh looking to find a cool, peaceful place to rest the morning after sparring with bigger bulls in the fall.
CKdM16O.jpg

tSkjrJj.jpg

aOuEkzy.jpg
Barry great photos!!

Thanks again for these fantastic photos Barry :) Is that really a phone you're using? :eek: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, the elk photos were with my old Cannon PowerShot pocket camera the others with my S10 phone.

Looks beautiful Barry...glad you were able to get out and enjoy nature! Did you get any fishing in?

I've not fished there as the water is too fast, but maybe in the fall it's possible. More than likely I'd just take a dunking on slippery rocks.

Dwight, kayaking would be great for the 20 seconds or so you'd have before getting sucked under the big fir tree across the river a few yards downstream (and upstream). There are many opportunities for white water in the area, but this portion is unnavigable except for the elk, which cross these river without a second thought.

VEOZDW7.jpg

This guy crossed the Hoh looking to find a cool, peaceful place to rest the morning after sparring with bigger bulls in the fall.
CKdM16O.jpg

tSkjrJj.jpg

aOuEkzy.jpg
I'm really enjoying your pics, especially of that young bull at rest. They bring back a lot of memories of days spent in the woods. Thank you.

Thank you so much, fellas. I really wish I could know more about this knife but the absence of a tang stamp and other identifying markings makes it likely impossible to know more. Some of the neat features of this knife though that set it apart from the others in my collection are interesting.
Though it has nickel silver bolsters, it has steel liners and pins, quite curious. It also sports the thinnest blade out of all of my Lambsfoot knives, it cuts like a laser! It also has the stoutest pull out of any of my knives, the snap could likely remove a finger!
Thank you, OG! I can't attest to the age of mine, though it is certainly older than all of my other Lambsfoot knives. I hope to find an old Joseph Rodgers or TEW or even from another firm one of these days, it would certainly class up my collection some.
Your herd is quite impressive! Lovely knives!
Elk are some of my favorite creatures. Beautiful, powerful, spiritual, and yes... Delicious.
Thank you. I share your sentiment and respect for the magnificent Wapiti. I'll take it over beef all day long :cool: Well said. :thumbsup:

Wonderful!!!;):thumbsup:
Precious herd!!!:):thumbsup:
Thank you very much, José

As always, there is just no way for me to keep up with the pace of this thread. I commend those of you that do!
I had some family in from out of town this last week and got to show them all over Northern California. We spent the last two days in Yosemite so I could show them the newly re-opened Mariposa Grove and, of course, Yosemite Valley. I tend to stay away from the valley altogether and especially during the summer months (April/May or Sept/Oct is ideal)...but it never gets old. I might enjoy showing Yosemite to folks for the first time just as much as I enjoy being there myself...which is a lot :thumbsup:
My wife gave this coin to me because she knows I am the reincarnated John Muir :)
View attachment 1147114
El Capitan
View attachment 1147115
Upper and Lower Yosemite Falls (which were flowing like I've never seen before this time of year)
View attachment 1147116
We missed Mariposa Grove on our recent visit but I hope to go next time.
Great pics of Yosemite! The water flow this year certainly is amazing thanks to the abundant precipitation we thankfully received, as you know.
It's quite a joy to visit there with family, isn't it? Especially with first-timers. It's wonderful to see the amazement in their eyes as they take it all in.
Thanks again for the pics :thumbsup:

Great pic of your DamLam
Thanks OG.

Here's my current herd
Fantastic collection!

More great pics of some beautiful scenery Barry. Thank you.

That's a beauty Ron.
Thanks Barry! Thank you for all the lambs in nature photos. Those Elk are truly majestic animals. Thank you for reminding me I need to go the mountains and soon! :D

View attachment 1147114
El Capitan
View attachment 1147115
View attachment 1147116
A great photo of your Lambsfoot! Thanks for all the great photos of Yosemite! Truly is beautiful country! :thumbsup::D

One more pic before bedtime :)

uyhU6UO.jpg

Goodnight Guardians :thumbsup:
Jack that is terrific Rosewood! Is it African or South American? :)

Better start with some food so we have the energy necessary for all the excitement!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
CI9VKr0.jpg

Stromboli!:D
Just having a liquorice snack with my afternoon cuppa ;) :thumbsup:

1t0159c.jpg
48076977761_26898acb3d_h.jpg

The Senator wanted to add bacon this time.
My Barlow’s are somewhere between Queens New York and SE Tennessee. Hopefully they will arrive in a couple of days! Until they do luckily I have a few more to enjoy! Y’all have a great day! :D

45734242991_27d690c08d_b_d.jpg
Progress...
View attachment 1146999
Followed by a pleasant walk with Ari.
View attachment 1147002

And ended with a small treat.:)
8FA0B416-25B0-4722-A05B-7ACCCD94B625_zpsakmvdlcw.jpeg

Stromboli, licorice, loaded bagels (?), mocha mousse (I'm including Ron's horn here because it LOOKS good enough to eat :rolleyes:), and "a small treat" (are you sure that's good for Ari, Harvey?? :rolleyes:) should tide us over for a while! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Attention all Guardians they are getting better and better. Just a couple of quick snaps but these are very special. The stag is insane!View attachment 1146645 View attachment 1146646
Hearty congrats, Alan! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Both are splendid, and I especially like the red/orange accents in your stag!

Gary, this Cracker Jack is great.;):thumbsup:
5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you GT. Yeah the life mask is a bit jarring, I suppose, but your Cracker Jack AC sure isn’t. Very nice, indeed.
Thanks, Gary. You've got a superb shot of your stag AC in this post yourself.
Thanks again Gary! Your AC is certainly a masterful Cracker Jack! :thumbsup::)
Thanks for acknowledging my Cracker Jack, José & Harvey & Vince & Ron. :)

LOL! :D Probably too late for me to make a living out of it GT ;)

Very impressive my friend :) :thumbsup:
Never too late, Jack! :thumbsup::p

It is isn't it even at a black-tie affair. :p
h69D03055
:D:thumbsup:

I see what you did there, you clever fellow. ;)
You toss me a softball, John, and I'll try to smash it! :D

I don't know.... How big was the housefly ? :D
Thanks, GT.
Littler than a breadbox. :rolleyes:

Thank you Jack for the kind gesture of gifting the tweed slips and the pins. This thread, the countless courtesies you extend to everyone daily, the dedication and devotion displayed in your tireless efforts to provide us with one-of-a-kind exquisite old world cutlery, and the list goes on... All of these are gifts from you to us. Thank you seems absurdly inadequate. But thank you nonetheless my friend.

View attachment 1146808
A pure joy to hear you express, Dwight, so eloquently what we all feel. Thank you.
+5K! You nailed it, Harvey, in praising Dwight's eloquence! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I nominate Dwight to fill the position of Public Relations Officer for the Guardians of the Lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Hey Guardians!
I must apologise for the delay in getting back to you, I picked my bag up from the Airport and saw that the wire tie had not been cut off ( which means nothing to the Airport security I know- a simple pen through the Zipper = entry ) - so I wasn't carrying a pocket knife and waited until I got home to check if everything was still in my bag - in other words - are my knives ok?
And the answer is Yes!!!! I was Rapt!to find everything safe and well - But I had to see to my lovely wee Izzy who is so so old now and we were so worried about her during our time away - soooo good to see her and hold her again :rolleyes: I Then just had to hit the Hay for a few hours!
The Weather was a bit up and down so I charged my Battery for some shots hopefully tomorrow.
Thank you again Jack, and I am liking seeing a few reviews coming in for these latest Knives, I wouldnt go on so much about them if they weren't as good as they are- so really looking forward to seeing more ecstatic Guardians reviews upon receiving their Knives!:) :thumbsup:
Duncan, glad you and Sue could finally arrive home safely and find both knives and Izzy safe and sound! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Morning Guardians, nice to see the Hartshead Barlows arriving :) I will be off to the post office again this morning. ...
JptgQL2.jpg
Flowery photo of the rosewood, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Your stamina is admirable! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

An older photo.
33rQF2s.jpg
Mark, it may be an old photo, but it sure is a good one of that ironwood! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I'll bet your MAIL CALL thread will be jammed with Hartshead Barlows soon! ;):cool::thumbsup:

... He decided he wanted to fancy his Barlow up a bit with a file-worked back-spring and coined liners, and he made one for me too, which he presented me as a gift :) :thumbsup:

GpaZFiU.jpg

sOwEyGy.jpg
Stupendous and well-deserved gift, Jack; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I carry a Lambsfoot...

NgaBMY5.jpg

Because it always comes in handy :thumbsup:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Good morning, Guardians!
mGxLdZf.jpg

Which one should I carry as I wait for my Hartshead Barlow?
You KNOW I'm compelled to vote "All of the Above". :rolleyes:

Just turned up in the mail this morning. What a superb knife! These Hartshead Barlow's are something else. Love the Script on the bolster, so olde worlde looking. The complete knife is a joy to look at. Thank you Jack for getting Arthur Wright & Sons to make these specials!
Russell

View attachment 1146990
BOOM! goes the dynamite stag, blowing the lid off that box! :thumbsup::p:thumbsup:
Congrats on the sublime stag Barlow, Russell! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I can hardly wait to read the experiences of others as they receive theirs.
OG
Hl9lYDG.jpg
Looking better each day, OG!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm about 20 pages behind right now....sigh. Sure was nice up in the Olympics this weekend though!!

Camped right at the forks of the Wolf and Dungeness rivers where, by chance, is this huge forked fir tree. The rivers are there behind the tree but hidden by the dense foliage.
CPxbxZW.jpg

And behind the tree.....
Intriguing pics, Barry! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I liked the "3-shot zoom" of the knife on the tree! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

In the meantime, I'm carrying this ol' thing today.
tfBB793.jpg
Your blond horn is white-hot, Dylan! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice choice Vince, my Lucy is sulking a little ;) :thumbsup:
Women ... :rolleyes:

We extolled your verbal eloquence earlier, Dwight, but you're pretty dang adept at showing that 1 Word = 0.001 Picture!! ;):p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cracker Jack is back!
CJ.pile.open.box.jpg

- GT

Back