Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Well this thread has inspired me. I selected a buffalo A Wright.
I find myself almost always carrying at least 1 straight edged blade with me on a daily basis, either as a secondary blade on a multi blade knife or a stand alone knife. Therefore giving a lambsfoot a try is not that far of a leap. Straight blades a so useful in many cutting duties and I am looking forward to work with the lambsfoot.
It shipped today so it will not be long now.
Here are some pictures Sarah and Jane sent me from A Wright.
SW3NP00.jpg
U6Dv5Za.jpg

Better start with some food so we have the energy necessary for all the excitement!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Stromboli, licorice, loaded bagels (?), mocha mousse (I'm including Ron's horn here because it LOOKS good enough to eat :rolleyes:), and "a small treat" (are you sure that's good for Ari, Harvey?? :rolleyes:) should tide us over for a while! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Hearty congrats, Alan! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Both are splendid, and I especially like the red/orange accents in your stag!

Thanks for acknowledging my Cracker Jack, José & Harvey & Vince & Ron. :)

Never too late, Jack! :thumbsup::p

:D:thumbsup:

You toss me a softball, John, and I'll try to smash it! :D

Littler than a breadbox. :rolleyes:

+5K! You nailed it, Harvey, in praising Dwight's eloquence! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I nominate Dwight to fill the position of Public Relations Officer for the Guardians of the Lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Duncan, glad you and Sue could finally arrive home safely and find both knives and Izzy safe and sound! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Flowery photo of the rosewood, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Your stamina is admirable! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mark, it may be an old photo, but it sure is a good one of that ironwood! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I'll bet your MAIL CALL thread will be jammed with Hartshead Barlows soon! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Stupendous and well-deserved gift, Jack; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

You KNOW I'm compelled to vote "All of the Above". :rolleyes:

BOOM! goes the dynamite stag, blowing the lid off that box! :thumbsup::p:thumbsup:
Congrats on the sublime stag Barlow, Russell! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Looking better each day, OG!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Intriguing pics, Barry! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I liked the "3-shot zoom" of the knife on the tree! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your blond horn is white-hot, Dylan! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Women ... :rolleyes:

We extolled your verbal eloquence earlier, Dwight, but you're pretty dang adept at showing that 1 Word = 0.001 Picture!! ;):p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cracker Jack is back!
View attachment 1147252

- GT
Thank you GT. That mini treat was mine. The two marks on the graham cracker cup were made by my two front teeth.:) The filling was chocolate mousse and raspberry. I take better care of Ari than I do myself.

I’ll second the nomination for Dwight.

Love the Cracker Jack Image. Nice touch with the reflection on the blade.

Hi Folks
I managed to take a few shots today- disappointing as being Winter the Sun is very low, and where I could take photos was quite dull and dark, so in advance I apologise for the poor shots.

I just love the Wood on these 2019's - I have been watching with envy everyone displaying proudly ( and quite rightly so ) their new editions and I am thinking- Wow...just check out that Woods character!!! I love Wood, and I love the wood on these....
When looking at these Knives I guess I am very much like everyone who has them, Your eyes are busy checking out the Nicely Pinched & Threaded Bolsters, The Wood Handles that are finished so so nicely and that gorgeous Sleek Blade!

DiCcY8p.jpg

0MYVIRW.jpg

Just a very Handsome Knife!....
cvasZm5.jpg

xd0xYXT.jpg

I was quite taken when Jack was gifting me Knives and presenting Knives that were previously ordered- I actually had tears well up lol - there was a lot to take in- having one very very nice Knife put in front of you is enough for any of us to just zoom in and really just....well just get right into THAT Knife!!! so imagine 7 or so to take in!!!:eek:

This absolute Darling of a Knife is one that Jack Gifted me .... Ashley's Choice is something of a phrase that has been passed around a lot in these here parts! and all in good term and for good reason!!! What a delight this Lovely Stag Handled Lambs foot is! A good size knife that is small- but not too small - I like big knives, but when a knife this size and this nice comes my way I LOVE the knife not like it!

Oh man .....Jack...THANK YOU my friend- what an absolute corker of a Knife- fit & finish, Gorgeous Stag, lovely walk and Talk and a great factory edge!!! does it get better- if it does I want to see it....

c3XKGmI.jpg

4n7VGWr.jpg

oYmgFZI.jpg

I love the great Frame of this subtle Sway Back!...this is a Very Good Knife!

JjRpeIi.jpg

RsyaC53.jpg

Just fantastic Stuff!

I failed as a Traditionalist Knife Knut... Jack handed me over a coin when I gifted him a couple of Knives...... He handed me over his gifts...and my Heart sunk a wee bit....I thought to myself " Doh" I forgot a nice Coin!! so this will follow up to Jack as a better late than never in the post soon :)
The Coin .....
YwhOI47.jpg

Last edited:
Now- its hard stating that this one really took my attention- yes it did...but so did the other Lambfoots as well, this particular one "just" has added features - and those features are unreal- what a beautiful Knife- File Work WITH milled Liners as well as having Damascus Steel as well! - not to mention the very nice Snake wood Handles! Man...there is a LOT going on here with this knife!
The poor Light does nothing to bring out the Grain- but when looking at it- it can be Wood, Bone Stag or Pearl etc to be in any nice Natural light and it lifts out more than a photo will show you - well this Snakewood is very much like that :) :thumbsup:

oXP2M7J.jpg

9wCy5K4.jpg

Meu9yd9.jpg

As you can see I had an eerie type of Golden light today - weird taking Photographs in this light, I don't like taking photographs on the other side of the House as I have a neighbour on that side who I just don't trust to show shiny things around in front of lol

8e9IzUI.jpg

Ga19phT.jpg

What a Beauty This Knife is !!

A Wrights are definitely heading in the "Wright" direction ( ok...sorry that was a bit lamb ):D
In fact I honestly think they have arrived there.

I am watching the reviews of others who have received or receiving just now their Hartshead Barlows........

I knew that this knife was a good knife as soon as I saw it- lovely build, the fit and finish is right up there and the Walk and Talk is superb, not only this but the Stag is simply mental- I love it to bits and The deep deep Etching into the Blade is just what I like, thats about it really for this knife.........

NAH!! ...just kidding..... What REALLY sets of the Barlow s the insignia of Awrights and Son on the Bolster - its just outright style! the Satin finish on the Bolsters also adds into the mix - so we have a massive amount of pluses going on that all mate into each other to give a superb result... THE HARTSHEAD BARLOW

6lTSFfj.jpg

imnnPQ1.jpg

vJsy1bE.jpg

XFevj5a.jpg

Loving that Deep etching into that awesome Blade - it matches so nicely with the Fantastic Satin Bolsters!

Rt0DsKT.jpg

After rounding up the Herd I thought I would take a Stable shot.

Rtg640b.jpg

Jack - you are a Legend my friend, the amount of work that you are still doing today on these Lambfoots is most probably overlooked, to think that still today this is all done for the love- its amazing and I as well as many others think you are amazing as well.
Thank you for all that you do.

Just another quick Note, the Slips that came with the Hartshead Barlow ....Well Jack was given some quite precious Tweed that has been dated to the middle of the World Wars...so just an eye blink off 100 years old - Jack was hoping ( and I can see why when looking at this beautiful material ) to have a Waist Coat made of this - but after looking after everyone else to supply a real nice slip made out of probably the best Tweed Material you would have been able to get - there wasnt enough left for Jack for a waistcoat.

Just another example of how good Jack is - so Folks- when you get the Barlow - take a good look at the slip - its real nice stuff- with such Heart behind it! Jack Thank you SO much for looking after us!

KQObefq.jpg

Evening, All!

Good Monday to all. Great pics by everyone :thumbsup: especially that Damascus/Snakewood beauty belonging to cigarrodog cigarrodog :cool:
Speaking of pics, here's some I took in a hurry today:

They are absolutely FANTASTIC :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're gonna love 'em!
Another outta the park slam by Jack :D F&F is superb. BEST, YET!!
AMAZING!!!
THANKS, JACK :cool::D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Beautiful stuff, OG! Now I'm having anticipation anxieties!!:D:thumbsup:
Same greetings to you, Dennis (even if I'm a day late). ;)
Thanks for the Kristofferson link; The Silver Tongued Devil and I is one of my favorite albums, but it doesn't contain this classic. :cool::cool:
Picturesque patina on your Ironwood! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you very much for the kind words, Gary!:thumbsup:
I have got to know the chap who oversees the bank of machines that I bought him some cough sweets (candy) for his cold yesterday :D Hope I don't catch it! :eek: ;) :D Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

JptgQL2.jpg
Nice shot, Jack!
Hope you don't get sick, but if you do, we'll send a care package with some Cough Candy in it to help you out!:D:thumbsup:
Thanks again, Jack.:thumbsup::D I am waiting for the day when I can post a new Barlow, in the meantime, it will have to be a solid performer the ebony lambsfoot.:D
View attachment 1146878
Such a lovely! Another great setting, Dave!:cool::thumbsup: Looks like a painting of a crazy Wahoo board.
Good Morning Guardians
Very nice, John! And the covers go WITH the grain!;):thumbsup:
On pins and needles here, waiting! I haven't been able to upload pics from my phone to Imgur recently, so please excuse my lack of participation.
An older photo.
33rQF2s.jpg
Maybe an oldie, but definitely a goodie!!:):thumbsup:
He decided he wanted to fancy his Barlow up a bit with a file-worked back-spring and coined liners, and he made one for me too, which he presented me as a gift :) :thumbsup:

sOwEyGy.jpg
What a stunner! Glad you got something a little more special, you deserve it!:eek::thumbsup:
That's an idea! :D my youngest Son is over there somewhere on holiday as we speak. Look what came in the mail yesterday, now that my wife and I are retired we find ourselves asking " What day is it"? :p

View attachment 1146896
Ain't that the truth, Dave!! You loose track sooo easily!:confused::thumbsup:
I carry a Lambsfoot...

Because it always comes in handy :thumbsup:
Yes, yes they do!!;):thumbsup:
Have a great day Guardians.View attachment 1146912
Such an awsome knife, you do it justice with your photos, Dwight!:):thumbsup:
48076977761_26898acb3d_h.jpg

The Senator wanted to add bacon this time.
The Senator has good taste, bacon and avocado belong together! Nice!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning, Guardians!
mGxLdZf.jpg

Which one should I carry as I wait for my Hartshead Barlow?
Tough choices, couldn't go wrong with any of them, Vince! Pants have 4 pockets for a reason!:D:thumbsup:
Until they do luckily I have a few more to enjoy! Y’all have a great day! :D

45734242991_27d690c08d_b_d.jpg
Fantastic horn, and great photo, Ron!:):thumbsup:
Followed by a pleasant walk with Ari.

And ended with a small treat.:)
8FA0B416-25B0-4722-A05B-7ACCCD94B625_zpsakmvdlcw.jpeg
Great fotos, Dwight!:eek: Love the scenery and the "treat" !:thumbsup:
Just turned up in the mail this morning. What a superb knife! These Hartshead Barlow's are something else. Love the Script on the bolster, so olde worlde looking. The complete knife is a joy to look at. Thank you Jack for getting Arthur Wright & Sons to make these specials!
Russell

View attachment 1146990
Congratulations! They are awsome, certainly a heritage piece to be passed on in the family for generations!:):thumbsup:
Big Kudos to Jack Jack Black Jack Black and Wright's for a job beyond the norm!
I can hardly wait to read the experiences of others as they receive theirs.
OG
Hl9lYDG.jpg
Beautiful shot, OG! Look forward to this weeks installment of 'Flashback Friday '!:cool::thumbsup:
GREAT photo! Live the B&W, very artistic setup!:eek::thumbsup:
CPxbxZW.jpg

And behind the tree.....
MqADMxy.jpg
Wonderful scenery! I agree, wish I was there with a selection of flies! Looks like the Lambsfoot has a bit of "bark"!:D:thumbsup: barump- bum!:rolleyes:
Really great looking terrain!:thumbsup:
In the meantime, I'm carrying this ol' thing today.

Ces2vN1.jpg
Oh, 'that 'ol thing'! Great looking horn, and mug! Love those photos, Dylan! Keep 'em coming!:cool::thumbsup:

Beautiful! Great setting, Dwight! Nice touch with the flower, reminds me of the Hearshead blade mark and the pin.:):thumbsup:
Stressful evening :rolleyes:

8TmXJdQ.jpg
Very cool, Jack! Dueling monks?
Here's my current herd

herd_hdr_720-jpg.1147099
Wow, nice, OG! Must be tough figuring out which one to carry!:cool::thumbsup:
My wife gave this coin to me because she knows I am the reincarnated John Muir :)
coin_traditional_12-jpg.1147114
Very nice, both knife and coin! And a very cool wife!:):thumbsup:
While the precious Barlows does not arrive, walk in my pocket these two beautiful pieces!;):thumbsup:

33o77gl.jpg
And more great looking file work! Great substitute, José!:cool::thumbsup:
One more pic before bedtime :)

uyhU6UO.jpg

Goodnight Guardians :thumbsup:
Well that aught to give you pleasant dreams! Better than those high in calories Sugar Plums dancing in your head!:D:thumbsup:
Cracker Jack is back!
cj-pile-open-box-jpg.1147252
If that is what they are putting in the boxes these days, I'm headed to Sam's now! Nice, Gary!:):thumbsup:
Good Evening Guardians... It's Grillin' Time.
Oh man, now I'm hungry! I might be able to make it for breakfast...:eek::D:thumbsup:
SW3NP00.jpg
Congratulations, very nice choice!:):thumbsup: It's a great pattern!

Hi Folks
I managed to take a few shots today- disappointing as being Winter the Sun is very low, and where I could take photos was quite dull and dark, so in advance I apologise for the poor shots.

I just love the Wood on these 2019's - I have been watching with envy everyone displaying proudly ( and quite rightly so ) their new editions and I am thinking- Wow...just check out that Woods character!!! I love Wood, and I love the wood on these....
When looking at these Knives I guess I am very much like everyone who has them, Your eyes are busy checking out the Nicely Pinched & Threaded Bolsters, The Wood Handles that are finished so so nicely and that gorgeous Sleek Blade!

DiCcY8p.jpg

0MYVIRW.jpg

cvasZm5.jpg

xd0xYXT.jpg

I was quite taken when Jack was gifting me Knives and presenting Knives that were previously ordered- I actually had tears well up lol - there was a lot to take in- having one very very nice Knife put in front of you is enough for any of us to just zoom in and really just....well just get right into THAT Knife!!! so imagine 7 or so to take in!!!:eek:

This absolute Darling of a Knife is one that Jack Gifted me .... Ashley's Choice is something of a phrase that has been passed around a lot in these here parts! and all in good term and for good reason!!! What a delight this Lovely Stag Handled Lambs foot is! A good size knife that is small- but not too small - I like big knives, but when a knife this size and this nice comes my way I LOVE the knife not like it!

Oh man .....Jack...THANK YOU my friend- what an absolute corker of a Knife- fit & finish, Gorgeous Stag, lovely walk and Talk and a great factory edge!!! does it get better- if it does I want to see it....

c3XKGmI.jpg

4n7VGWr.jpg

oYmgFZI.jpg

I love the great Frame of this suble Sway Back!...this is a Very Good Knife!

JjRpeIi.jpg

RsyaC53.jpg

Just fantastic Stuff!

I failed as a Traditionalist Knife Knut... Jack handed me over a coin when I gifted him a couple of Knives...... He handed me over his gifts...and my Heart sunk a wee bit....I thought to myself " Doh" I forgot a nice Coin!! so this will follow up to Jack as a better late than never in the post soon :)
The Coin .....
YwhOI47.jpg

A Wrights are definitely heading in the "Wright" direction ( ok...sorry that was a bit lamb ):D
In fact I honestly think they have arrived there.

I am watching the reviews of others who have received or receiving just now their Hartshead Barlows........

I knew that this knife was a good knife as soon as I saw it- lovely build, the fit and finish is right up there and the Walk and Talk is superb, not only this but the Stag is simply mental- I love it to bits and The deep deep Etching into the Blade is just what I like, thats about it really for this knife.........

NAH!! ...just kidding..... What REALLY sets of the Barlow s the insignia of Awrights and Son on the Bolster - its just outright style! the Satin finish on the Bolsters also adds into the mix - so we have a massive amount of pluses going on that all mate into each other to give a superb result... THE HARTSHEAD BARLOW

6lTSFfj.jpg

imnnPQ1.jpg

vJsy1bE.jpg

XFevj5a.jpg

Loving that Deep etching into that awesome Blade - it matches so nicely with the Fantastic Satin Bolsters!

Rt0DsKT.jpg

After rounding up the Herd I thought I would take a Stable shot.

Rtg640b.jpg

Jack - you are a Legend my friend, the amount of work that you are still doing today on these Lambfoots is most probably overlooked, to think that still today this is all done for the love- its amazing and I as well as many others think you are amazing as well.
Thank you for all that you do.

Just another quick Note, the Slips that came with the Hartshead Barlow ....Well Jack was given some quite precious Tweed that has been dated to the middle of the World Wars...so just an eye blink off 100 years old - Jack was hoping ( and I can see why when looking at this beautiful material ) to have a Waist Coat made of this - but after looking after everyone else to supply a real nice slip made out of probably the best Tweed Material you would have been able to get - there wasnt enough left for Jack for a waistcoat.

Just another example of how good Jack is - so Folks- when you get the Barlow - take a good look at the slip - its real nice stuff- with such Heart behind it! Jack Thank you SO much for looking after us!

KQObefq.jpg
Just fantastic photos and great expressions about the knives and Jack! Nicely put, Duncan!

Thanks Jack, the elk photos were with my old Cannon PowerShot pocket camera the others with my S10 phone.

I've not fished there as the water is too fast, but maybe in the fall it's possible. More than likely I'd just take a dunking on slippery rocks.

My camera is a Powershot Barry, I always have it with me, only using my phone rarely. Maybe if it took photos as good as yours I'd use it more :) :thumbsup:

That pic is going on my desktop good one, Jack. :thumbsup::cool:

Thank you Dave, I'm flattered, it was taken on a large old cable drum I saw outside a bar I was passing :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Jack that is terrific Rosewood! Is it African or South American? :)

Thank you Ron, it is Indonesian :thumbsup:

Never too late, Jack! :thumbsup::p

:D:thumbsup:

You toss me a softball, John, and I'll try to smash it! :D

Littler than a breadbox. :rolleyes:

+5K! You nailed it, Harvey, in praising Dwight's eloquence! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I nominate Dwight to fill the position of Public Relations Officer for the Guardians of the Lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Duncan, glad you and Sue could finally arrive home safely and find both knives and Izzy safe and sound! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Flowery photo of the rosewood, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Your stamina is admirable! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mark, it may be an old photo, but it sure is a good one of that ironwood! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I'll bet your MAIL CALL thread will be jammed with Hartshead Barlows soon! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Stupendous and well-deserved gift, Jack; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

You KNOW I'm compelled to vote "All of the Above". :rolleyes:

BOOM! goes the dynamite stag, blowing the lid off that box! :thumbsup::p:thumbsup:
Congrats on the sublime stag Barlow, Russell! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Looking better each day, OG!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Intriguing pics, Barry! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I liked the "3-shot zoom" of the knife on the tree! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your blond horn is white-hot, Dylan! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Women ... :rolleyes:

We extolled your verbal eloquence earlier, Dwight, but you're pretty dang adept at showing that 1 Word = 0.001 Picture!! ;):p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cracker Jack is back!
View attachment 1147252

Thank you for all the kind words my friend, that is a smashing pic of your AC :) :thumbsup:

- GT

Good Evening Guardians... It's Grillin' Time!

Hope you had fun John :) It's raining here again! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Well this thread has inspired me. I selected a buffalo A Wright.
I find myself almost always carrying at least 1 straight edged blade with me on a daily basis, either as a secondary blade on a multi blade knife or a stand alone knife. Therefore giving a lambsfoot a try is not that far of a leap. Straight blades a so useful in many cutting duties and I am looking forward to work with the lambsfoot.
It shipped today so it will not be long now.
SW3NP00.jpg
U6Dv5Za.jpg

Good call! ;) That's is some lovely horn there, they picked you out a nice one, heavily influenced by our 2017 Guardians knife I'd say (Wright's horn was pretty lacklustre once). I know Sarah and Jane and they are both lovely ladies. Hope it gets to you quickly, and that you enjoy using it :) :thumbsup:

They turned out nice didn't they? :) The jigging is superb :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for the comments on my Hartshead Barlow. These Barlow’s are a special kind of knife. Goodnight all!

Russell

View attachment 1147361

Glad you're liking your Hartshead Barlow Russell :) That's a great-looking Rosewood too :) :thumbsup:

WOW! Duncan, what a tour de force of fantastic pics, thanks so much for going to all this trouble in spite of the lighting conditions. What a treat to wake up to! :) :) :thumbsup:

Hi Folks

DiCcY8p.jpg

0MYVIRW.jpg

cvasZm5.jpg

xd0xYXT.jpg

Absolutely beautiful my friend, I am glad you got one of the '19s with those pile side covers. There were a few like that, and I was just amazed when I saw them :) You waited even longer than @dc50 for your Guardians knife! :D :thumbsup:

c3XKGmI.jpg

4n7VGWr.jpg

oYmgFZI.jpg

I love the great Frame of this subtle Sway Back!...this is a Very Good Knife!

JjRpeIi.jpg

RsyaC53.jpg

Just fantastic Stuff!

The Coin .....
YwhOI47.jpg

I could see a couple of folks, in the cafe we were in, looking over frequently at our table as me and Duncan were passing knives backwards and forwards. They are probably still talking about it! :D Great pics again pal, I am glad you have one of the ACs :) By the standards of the other runs, that was very straightforward, and I think Wright's did a great job, each and every one of the 28 made is superb I think :) :thumbsup:

Now- its hard stating that this one really took my attention- yes it did...but so did the other Lambfoots as well, this particular one "just" has added features - and those features are unreal- what a beautiful Knife- File Work WITH milled Liners as well as having Damascus Steel as well! - not to mention the very nice Snake wood Handles! Man...there is a LOT going on here with this knife!
The poor Light does nothing to bring out the Grain- but when looking at it- it can be Wood, Bone Stag or Pearl etc to be in any nice Natural light and it lifts out more than a photo will show you - well this Snakewood is very much like that :) :thumbsup:

oXP2M7J.jpg

9wCy5K4.jpg

Meu9yd9.jpg

As you can see I had an eerie type of Golden light today - weird taking Photographs in this light, I don't like taking photographs on the other side of the House as I have a neighbour on that side who I just don't trust to show shiny things around in front of lol

8e9IzUI.jpg

Ga19phT.jpg

What a Beauty This Knife is !!

That is something special isn't it Duncan? :) :thumbsup:

Back