Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

A Wrights are definitely heading in the "Wright" direction ( ok...sorry that was a bit lamb ):D
In fact I honestly think they have arrived there.

I am watching the reviews of others who have received or receiving just now their Hartshead Barlows........

I knew that this knife was a good knife as soon as I saw it- lovely build, the fit and finish is right up there and the Walk and Talk is superb, not only this but the Stag is simply mental- I love it to bits and The deep deep Etching into the Blade is just what I like, thats about it really for this knife.........

NAH!! ...just kidding..... What REALLY sets of the Barlow s the insignia of Awrights and Son on the Bolster - its just outright style! the Satin finish on the Bolsters also adds into the mix - so we have a massive amount of pluses going on that all mate into each other to give a superb result... THE HARTSHEAD BARLOW

6lTSFfj.jpg

imnnPQ1.jpg

vJsy1bE.jpg

XFevj5a.jpg

Loving that Deep etching into that awesome Blade - it matches so nicely with the Fantastic Satin Bolsters!

Rt0DsKT.jpg

That stag is pretty evenly matched - for Wright's! :D I'm glad you like it Duncan, obviously I'm biased, but I think it looks great :) Wonderful photos my friend :) :thumbsup:

After rounding up the Herd I thought I would take a Stable shot.

Rtg640b.jpg

Jack - you are a Legend my friend, the amount of work that you are still doing today on these Lambfoots is most probably overlooked, to think that still today this is all done for the love- its amazing and I as well as many others think you are amazing as well.
Thank you for all that you do.

Just another quick Note, the Slips that came with the Hartshead Barlow ....Well Jack was given some quite precious Tweed that has been dated to the middle of the World Wars...so just an eye blink off 100 years old - Jack was hoping ( and I can see why when looking at this beautiful material ) to have a Waist Coat made of this - but after looking after everyone else to supply a real nice slip made out of probably the best Tweed Material you would have been able to get - there wasnt enough left for Jack for a waistcoat.

Just another example of how good Jack is - so Folks- when you get the Barlow - take a good look at the slip - its real nice stuff- with such Heart behind it! Jack Thank you SO much for looking after us!

KQObefq.jpg

Fantastic flock Duncan :) Thanks for all your kind words, you are a great friend :)

The idea for the slips came after a conversation with @Ramrodmb about the low temperatures in airline holds, and I thought those wee Lambsfoot knives might need a woolly sweater! :D West Yorkshire was once filled with hundreds of mills producing cloth (and an attendant tailoring industry), and I bought that tweed a couple of years back, a piece in charcoal, and a piece in brown. I was hoping I could get a waistcoat made from the charcoal, and handed over the brown to be made into slips. However, there wasn't enough cloth, so my debonair dreams had to go ;) The slips were made for us by a lady called Joanne, who is the wife of a friend from the Thursday market tool-stall. Obviously she was well remunerated, and with a bonus for a great job well-done. Another regular visitor to the tool-stall is Les, an old feller in his 80's, who still rides his Velocette every day. Les was a Tackler in the mills, and can look at a piece of cloth and tell you all sorts of stuff about it, the name of the weave, etc. He was very impressed with the quality of the material, top-notch stuff, would have made a great waistcoat! :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thank you Duncan :) :thumbsup:

I worked in the cotton mill all my life,
I ain't got nothin' but a Barlow knife.

Hard time cotton mill girls,
Hard time everywhere.

Last edited:
Nice shot, Jack!
Hope you don't get sick, but if you do, we'll send a care package with some Cough Candy in it to help you out!:D:thumbsup:

Such a lovely! Another great setting, Dave!:cool::thumbsup: Looks like a painting of a crazy Wahoo board.

Very nice, John! And the covers go WITH the grain!;):thumbsup:

Maybe an oldie, but definitely a goodie!!:):thumbsup:

What a stunner! Glad you got something a little more special, you deserve it!:eek::thumbsup:

Ain't that the truth, Dave!! You loose track sooo easily!:confused::thumbsup:

Yes, yes they do!!;):thumbsup:

Such an awsome knife, you do it justice with your photos, Dwight!:):thumbsup:

The Senator has good taste, bacon and avocado belong together! Nice!:cool::thumbsup:

Tough choices, couldn't go wrong with any of them, Vince! Pants have 4 pockets for a reason!:D:thumbsup:

Fantastic horn, and great photo, Ron!:):thumbsup:

Great fotos, Dwight!:eek: Love the scenery and the "treat" !:thumbsup:

Congratulations! They are awsome, certainly a heritage piece to be passed on in the family for generations!:):thumbsup:
Big Kudos to Jack Jack Black Jack Black and Wright's for a job beyond the norm!

Beautiful shot, OG! Look forward to this weeks installment of 'Flashback Friday '!:cool::thumbsup:

GREAT photo! Live the B&W, very artistic setup!:eek::thumbsup:

Wonderful scenery! I agree, wish I was there with a selection of flies! Looks like the Lambsfoot has a bit of "bark"!:D:thumbsup: barump- bum!:rolleyes:
Really great looking terrain!:thumbsup:

Oh, 'that 'ol thing'! Great looking horn, and mug! Love those photos, Dylan! Keep 'em coming!:cool::thumbsup:

Beautiful! Great setting, Dwight! Nice touch with the flower, reminds me of the Hearshead blade mark and the pin.:):thumbsup:

Very cool, Jack! Dueling monks?

Wow, nice, OG! Must be tough figuring out which one to carry!:cool::thumbsup:

Very nice, both knife and coin! And a very cool wife!:):thumbsup:

And more great looking file work! Great substitute, José!:cool::thumbsup:

Well that aught to give you pleasant dreams! Better than those high in calories Sugar Plums dancing in your head!:D:thumbsup:

If that is what they are putting in the boxes these days, I'm headed to Sam's now! Nice, Gary!:):thumbsup:

Oh man, now I'm hungry! I might be able to make it for breakfast...:eek::D:thumbsup:

Congratulations, very nice choice!:):thumbsup: It's a great pattern!

Thanks Dennis! :D I'm grateful for the kind words as well as for the offer of Cough Candy :) Those monks were features of the tables in the Royal Armouries cafe, where I was meeting @WDH the other day :) They made the placve look nice, but the coffee is downright rotten! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

2W9c7qE.jpg

Mine today... my walking/exercising the doggies pocket stuff .
JyYqhi3.jpg

Nice pic buddy, that patina is crazy :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, it's taken me two hours to catch up, so I better get my backside down the post office pronto! :eek: Have a good day folks :) :thumbsup:

J7MS6Gn.jpg

Thanks Jack, love that knife :)

That's great to hear my friend :) :thumbsup:

It was a good dinner, just me and my son. It's nice to have him home for the Summer.

Good Morning Guardians

Sounds great John, and that's a great pic too :) :thumbsup:

Smashing Dave :) :thumbsup:

Supremely perfect classic pocketknife. I know that may be a little over the top description but for those that carry one knife and appreciate stag, I rest my case.
View attachment 1147448

You are a great photographer Alan :) I could look at that stag all day :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day :) :thumbsup:

OLV4LLU.jpg

Such an awsome knife, you do it justice with your photos, Dwight!
Beautiful! Great setting, Dwight! Nice touch with the flower, reminds me of the Hearshead blade mark and the pin
Thank you much Dennis.

Mine today... my walking/exercising the doggies pocket stuff .
JyYqhi3.jpg
Great shot and that patina is amazingly cool and unique!

The idea for the slips came after a conversation with @Ramrodmb about the low temperatures in airline holds, and I thought those wee Lambsfoot knives might need a woolly sweater! :D West Yorkshire was once filled with hundreds of mills producing cloth (and an attendant tailoring industry), and I bought that tweed a couple of years back, a piece in charcoal, and a piece in brown. I was hoping I could get a waistcoat made from the charcoal, and handed over the brown to be made into slips. However, there wasn't enough cloth, so my debonair dreams had to go ;) The slips were made for us by a lady called Joanne, who is the wife of a friend from the Thursday market tool-stall. Obviously she was well remunerated, and with a bonus for a great job well-done. Another regular visitor to the tool-stall is Les, an old feller in his 80's, who still rides his Velocette every day. Les was a Tackler in the mills, and can look at a piece of cloth and tell you all sorts of stuff about it, the name of the weave, etc. He was very impressed with the quality of the material, top-notch stuff, would have made a great waistcoat!
Interesting account of its origin Jack. It will be cherished I assure you and thank you again. Just incredible photos of the barlows!

Red Bird House Lambsfoot

Lovely image of a fantastic ironwood.

Another stunning photo Dave and Linda's artistic talent and skill never ceases to amaze me. Thank you for sharing it.

@Campbellclanman - Thank you Duncan for sharing these incredible knives. What a haul you made! I'm glad you are safely home and have enjoyed your retelling of your time with Jack. Look forward to hearing more my friend. :)

Have a great day all.IMG_0257.jpeg

@Campbellclanman Duncan, so glad you and Sue made it home safely my friend! :thumbsup: It looks like you have arrived home with some of the best that Sheffield has to offer. They are all beautiful examples! What can we say about our friend Jack but the fact that he’s a legend! :thumbsup: :)

Fantastic horn, and great photo, Ron!:):thumbsup:
Thank you Dennis! :thumbsup::)

Thank you Ron, it is Indonesian :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :) That’s one I didn’t think about! :thumbsup::cool:

My Barlow’s are now in Tennessee! :eek: Hopefully by Friday I’ll have them in hand! :thumbsup: It’s Wednesday and that calls for wood! Here you go! :D

40623203723_0997da777c_b_d.jpg

Back