Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Woaaaahhhh look who landed!!!! :)

Phenomenal fit and finish, walk and talk is great, love the cover. Most of all my favorite thing is the bolster stamp. Thanks Jack for the Leeds Beer Festival pamphlet I will be pursuing it shortly after I put this knife down!!!

bITj5yM.jpg

:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

WOW Taylor!!………. Absolutely stunning!...…. Congratulations on your new Hartshead Barlow!!

Sorry I haven't been as involved lately, I've been dealing with some heavy personal stuff. But, I wanted to make sure and congratulate all the recent recipients of the new Hartshead Barlows...

Good Monday to all. Great pics by everyone :thumbsup: especially that Damascus/Snakewood beauty belonging to cigarrodog cigarrodog :cool:
Speaking of pics, here's some I took in a hurry today:

View attachment 1146537 View attachment 1146538 View attachment 1146541 View attachment 1146542 View attachment 1146543 View attachment 1146544 View attachment 1146545

They are absolutely FANTASTIC :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're gonna love 'em!
Another outta the park slam by Jack :D F&F is superb. BEST, YET!!
AMAZING!!!
THANKS, JACK :cool::D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attention all Guardians they are getting better and better. Just a couple of quick snaps but these are very special. The stag is insane!View attachment 1146645 View attachment 1146646

Just turned up in the mail this morning. What a superb knife! These Hartshead Barlow's are something else. Love the Script on the bolster, so olde worlde looking. The complete knife is a joy to look at. Thank you Jack for getting Arthur Wright & Sons to make these specials!
Russell

View attachment 1146990

WOW! That is certainly stunning! Beautiful workmanship - I know that you are very proud to have it in your pocket.
Knowing that my Hartshead was crafted by such a talented young cutler who is so capably carrying on the tradition of English cutlers makes it extra special :cool: The more I handle them, the more impressed I am. I love how they feel in my hand. The heft and fit is just "Wright" ;)
I can hardly wait to read the experiences of others as they receive theirs.
OG
Hl9lYDG.jpg

A Wrights are definitely heading in the "Wright" direction ( ok...sorry that was a bit lamb ):D
In fact I honestly think they have arrived there.

I am watching the reviews of others who have received or receiving just now their Hartshead Barlows........

I knew that this knife was a good knife as soon as I saw it- lovely build, the fit and finish is right up there and the Walk and Talk is superb, not only this but the Stag is simply mental- I love it to bits and The deep deep Etching into the Blade is just what I like, thats about it really for this knife.........

NAH!! ...just kidding..... What REALLY sets of the Barlow s the insignia of Awrights and Son on the Bolster - its just outright style! the Satin finish on the Bolsters also adds into the mix - so we have a massive amount of pluses going on that all mate into each other to give a superb result... THE HARTSHEAD BARLOW

6lTSFfj.jpg

imnnPQ1.jpg

vJsy1bE.jpg

XFevj5a.jpg

Loving that Deep etching into that awesome Blade - it matches so nicely with the Fantastic Satin Bolsters!

Rt0DsKT.jpg

I was very pleased when this showed up in the mail today. (the Hartsfield Barlow not the Japanese float.)
Thank you Jack for a work of art.
Hugh

View attachment 1147741

Knives for my local club finally arrived!! Wonderful knives and historical tale!!View attachment 1147839 View attachment 1147841

Woaaaahhhh look who landed!!!! :)

Phenomenal fit and finish, walk and talk is great, love the cover. Most of all my favorite thing is the bolster stamp. Thanks Jack for the Leeds Beer Festival pamphlet I will be pursuing it shortly after I put this knife down!!!

bITj5yM.jpg

:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Congratulations to all of you. The new Barlows look amazing and it makes me more and more excited to receive mine.

$2.98 for breakfast, enjoy it. Coffee over here is $4-$5, if you throw in breakfast, anything from $15-$30. Eating out for breakfast for us is a luxury. When i say $4-$5 for a coffee, that is ONE cup.:mad::thumbsup:
Thats awful :eek: some of our finer restaurants breakfast starts at $15 which by the way is minium wage these days.

Congrats to those who have and are receiving The Hartshead Barlows, they are truly special. I resisted the urge to buy both because I 'm hoping to get one or both of Charlie's Lambsfoot. Depending on finances after that and if available I might try to get the Rosewood HH's Barlow...to many knives to little money!

Have to get back on the mower today and keep the weeds at bay! It's windy and not fun to mow...I have googles and mask but the chaff from cutting gets all over me and itches like crazy, but its got to be done.

Have a terrific Thursday.
IMG_1176.JPG

What's the story behind the statue Dave?
Dave, this is the third bronze statue of a woman feeding chickens as a tribute to prairie farm women. The original statue, "Egg Money", is in Fish Creek Provincial Park, Calgary, Alberta. It includes the figures of a boy and a girl. This statue, and a second one in Saskatoon, are based on Egg Money.
I remember as a boy collecting eggs at my Aunt and Uncles then taking them to the coop store to sell, I believe around .15 a dozen

Cracker Jack again for me:
View attachment 1148011

- GT

Hope that nicely composed shot of your Cracker Jack lazing about on those autumn leaves aren't indicative of your weather GT. :thumbsup:
We've done winter, early spring then back to winter. :rolleyes: Things are just about looking up though now.

Dave, this is the third bronze statue of a woman feeding chickens as a tribute to prairie farm women. The original statue, "Egg Money", is in Fish Creek Provincial Park, Calgary, Alberta. It includes the figures of a boy and a girl. This statue, and a second one in Saskatoon, are based on Egg Money.
I remember as a boy collecting eggs at my Aunt and Uncles then taking them to the coop store to sell, I believe around .15 a dozen

Thanks for elaborating Dave; that's really interesting. You can't get a dozen of eggs for 15 cents now I bet. :thumbsup:
I'll look up the sculptures thanks!

What a great bunch of stunning pics! :eek: :cool: :thumbsup:

Cool pic David, is that a Baikal? :thumbsup:

You did very well Jack, because I think your Lucy would be full of jealousy!!!:oops:;):thumbsup:

We can't have that Jose ;) :D :thumbsup:

3O9hKI1.jpg

Wehw! I tried the Gumby topper as a Tilley liner while mowing back and front yards. I figured if anyone has enough time on their hands to notice I've got four knobs on my head, that's their problem.

:D :thumbsup:

I was very pleased when this showed up in the mail today. (the Hartsfield Barlow not the Japanese float.)
Thank you Jack for a work of art.
Hugh

View attachment 1147741

Great to see it there with you Hugh, I like your pic :) :thumbsup:

I've had a busy day. Right behind this picture we had a snapping turtle laying eggs in my wife’s flower bed. I went to take a photo, and she was gone when I just looked.
j0N4Xtn.jpg

Still a nice pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

I have been working in the yard, fishing, running errands and dog training. I have gone through and read most of the posts from the last few days and thoroughly enjoyed everyone's. Glad to see the Hartsheads starting to arrive, and that Duncan and Sue had a safe and enjoyable trip.

Superb pictures of knives and their environments. This is such a great thread, thanks to Jack and all of you.
IMG_1177.JPG

It sounds like you've been busy too Preston, thanks for the great pic :) :thumbsup:

Good Evening Guardians... It's Grillin' Time!

You're giving that Lambsfoot some use John :) :thumbsup:

Dang, it just amazing how much momentum this thread achieves when it gets rolling, kinda like a slinky going down the stairs.
KpdB33w.jpg

LOL! Ace pic OG :) :thumbsup:

Knives for my local club finally arrived!! Wonderful knives and historical tale!!View attachment 1147839 View attachment 1147841

Glad they made it Charlie, thanks for the great pics :) :thumbsup:

@waynorth: Charlie you might want to take your address picture off of the internet. Remember the whole world can see this thread.

Good point Dave, I see Charlie has edited his post, but the pic you refer too is still attached :eek: :thumbsup:

Actually, for someone like me who only gets a few minutes here and there to look at BF, it's an avalanche.....

There were actually a few different posts that I wanted to reply to in the last few days and now they're completely buried! I actually started reading this thread backwards from the last post.... :oops:

Here's some pile side action from a fancy pants Senator! The corners of the bolsters were too sharp so I broke them with a sharpening stone and polished them back up. Not so bad now!

Have a great evening Guardians!

2we01nr.jpg

Looking good :) :thumbsup:

Think I'll tote this on the last day of Spring:
wGILIJc.jpg

Have a terrific Thursday, Guardians!

Nice carry Vince :) :thumbsup:

I'll do like Vince and post tonight for tomorrow. The Painters are in tomorrow morning and I must unplug my computer and landline.
What will I do all morning?? :eek::p
View attachment 1147906

Hope you're managing Dave ;) That's a smashing pic of your AC :thumbsup:

The reasons I often post at night for the next day are: (1) I generally have more leisure time in the evening, and (2) Jack (and other friends across the pond) is usually getting up before I go to bed!

Yes, that's why I have more leisure time at night, eh? Still working 8:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday. I check in at intervals during the day on my phone, or it would take too long to catch up. :)
Wish I could join you for a Moosehead in the morning, Dave, but I may have to settle for coffee as I drive to work. :cool:

Thank you for your dedication Vince :) :thumbsup:

@5K Qs Thank you GT. Your Cracker Jack AC makes for a wonderful portrait.

JohnDF JohnDF Here’s to you navigating the personal dealings into smooth sailing.

pjsjr pjsjr - Preston, Your Senator looks great playing in the dirt. My fingers are crossed for you.

Good Morning Guardians. The following show and tell is less about me, and more a tribute to Jack’s devotion to the Lambsfoot. His vision and enthusiasm is quit infectious.

The Barlows are simply wonderful as others have already pointed out. My two have hafts that although dissimilar, have a beauty that is most pleasing. Photographically and aesthetically, instead of two Barlows, I now have 4.:)
F401BC11-C186-48E6-A1B3-EFF0368DCE1A_zpshszlejl8.jpeg

2037947F-FCC7-4F42-824E-A721EFC90581_zpsxkzyngi7.jpeg

A6C6C59C-A601-4331-A8EB-7ADBD74E87AE_zps47blkw5a.jpeg

D5DF3FC7-9D1E-4B14-91C0-0711E9625E53_zpslrgm7tus.jpeg

Hope that nicely composed shot of your Cracker Jack lazing about on those autumn leaves aren't indicative of your weather GT. :thumbsup:
We've done winter, early spring then back to winter. :rolleyes: Things are just about looking up though now.

Thanks for elaborating Dave; that's really interesting. You can't get a dozen of eggs for 15 cents now I bet. :thumbsup:
I'll look up the sculptures thanks!
Your welcome my friend these are all new discoverers for me as well. Once we get everything ship shape in a few more weeks I'm sure there will be more. :)

Back