1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! Cracker Jack looks great whether he’s coming or going! :D

cigarrodog likes this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Yes indeed... Summer Time is Grillin' Time.
    I have a rack of lamb dialed up for tonight. You know I'll be using my Lamb to cut my lamb. :D

mitch4ging, Cambertree, donn and 3 others like this.
  3. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018
    WOW Taylor!!………. Absolutely stunning!...…. Congratulations on your new Hartshead Barlow!!

cigarrodog and tmd_87 like this.
  4. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Fairly comfortably. It spread out the sweat so I didn't have the clammy brow feel. I don't know that it's worth the trouble though. In really filthy hot weather I tend to wear my Outdoor Research Sonora sombrero anyway.
    [​IMG]

5. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Sorry I haven't been as involved lately, I've been dealing with some heavy personal stuff. But, I wanted to make sure and congratulate all the recent recipients of the new Hartshead Barlows...

Congratulations to all of you. The new Barlows look amazing and it makes me more and more excited to receive mine.

6. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

7. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    After I trim out all the old polyurethane, I sand it back smooth and round. This has got to be the most tedious part of refinishing these teak chairs.

8. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Beautiful barlow Taylor. Can't get enough of em.

IMG_2512.jpeg

9. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    If I didn't respond to a quote or comment, please forgive me.
    Maybe I can catch up this weekend. :confused:

[​IMG]
    The '19 from a day 'er two ago.
    It's alllllmost Friday !

10. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
  11. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    You chose the right knife for the job. :cool: :thumbsup:

Great picture. :cool: :thumbsup:

12. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    upload_2019-6-20_8-47-55.jpeg :thumbsup::p

13. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Thats awful :eek: some of our finer restaurants breakfast starts at $15 which by the way is minium wage these days.

cigarrodog likes this.
  14. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Congrats to those who have and are receiving The Hartshead Barlows, they are truly special. I resisted the urge to buy both because I 'm hoping to get one or both of Charlie's Lambsfoot. Depending on finances after that and if available I might try to get the Rosewood HH's Barlow...to many knives to little money!

Have to get back on the mower today and keep the weeds at bay! It's windy and not fun to mow...I have googles and mask but the chaff from cutting gets all over me and itches like crazy, but its got to be done.

Have a terrific Thursday.
    [​IMG]

15. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Dave, this is the third bronze statue of a woman feeding chickens as a tribute to prairie farm women. The original statue, "Egg Money", is in Fish Creek Provincial Park, Calgary, Alberta. It includes the figures of a boy and a girl. This statue, and a second one in Saskatoon, are based on Egg Money.
    I remember as a boy collecting eggs at my Aunt and Uncles then taking them to the coop store to sell, I believe around .15 a dozen

16. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Hope that nicely composed shot of your Cracker Jack lazing about on those autumn leaves aren't indicative of your weather GT. :thumbsup:
    We've done winter, early spring then back to winter. :rolleyes: Things are just about looking up though now.

Thanks for elaborating Dave; that's really interesting. You can't get a dozen of eggs for 15 cents now I bet. :thumbsup:
    I'll look up the sculptures thanks!

17. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    What a great bunch of stunning pics! :eek: :cool: :thumbsup:

Cool pic David, is that a Baikal? :thumbsup:

We can't have that Jose ;) :D :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Great to see it there with you Hugh, I like your pic :) :thumbsup:

Still a nice pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

It sounds like you've been busy too Preston, thanks for the great pic :) :thumbsup:

You're giving that Lambsfoot some use John :) :thumbsup:

LOL! Ace pic OG :) :thumbsup:

Glad they made it Charlie, thanks for the great pics :) :thumbsup:

Good point Dave, I see Charlie has edited his post, but the pic you refer too is still attached :eek: :thumbsup:

Looking good :) :thumbsup:

Nice carry Vince :) :thumbsup:

Hope you're managing Dave ;) That's a smashing pic of your AC :thumbsup:

Thank you for your dedication Vince :) :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, Fodderwing, pjsjr and 7 others like this.
  18. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @5K Qs Thank you GT. Your Cracker Jack AC makes for a wonderful portrait.

@JohnDF Here’s to you navigating the personal dealings into smooth sailing.

@pjsjr - Preston, Your Senator looks great playing in the dirt. My fingers are crossed for you.

Good Morning Guardians. The following show and tell is less about me, and more a tribute to Jack’s devotion to the Lambsfoot. His vision and enthusiasm is quit infectious.

The Barlows are simply wonderful as others have already pointed out. My two have hafts that although dissimilar, have a beauty that is most pleasing. Photographically and aesthetically, instead of two Barlows, I now have 4.:)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Your welcome my friend these are all new discoverers for me as well. Once we get everything ship shape in a few more weeks I'm sure there will be more. :)

20. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Can you guess what's in my pocket today?
    IMG_20190620_090109.jpg