Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Something else I could do is head downtown and help this lady feed the chickens. Then cross the street to the RockyView for a $2.98 breakfast after that the Bar should be open.:thumbsup::p
View attachment 1147913
View attachment 1147914

$2.98 for breakfast?! I'd be in there every day Dave, you can't get toast for that here! :rolleyes: Interesting statue :thumbsup:

Dave that is a disturbing picture. :eek: I wonder what's in the bowl? For she is holding a man in her right hand!!! :eek::eek:

:eek: :D :thumbsup:

haha good eye!! :p Maybe it's not corn shes feeding them!! :eek:
My Missus says we have to unplug the computer now so we can move the desk and stuff out of the way. :( :(

Come back soon Dave :) :thumbsup:

Woaaaahhhh look who landed!!!! :)

Phenomenal fit and finish, walk and talk is great, love the cover. Most of all my favorite thing is the bolster stamp. Thanks Jack for the Leeds Beer Festival pamphlet I will be pursuing it shortly after I put this knife down!!!

bITj5yM.jpg

:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Glad it made it Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Looks great, Taylor! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

[Ya gotta drink a TRADITIONAL beer--like Moosehead-- to celebrate. ;) ]
2ZiCX1F.jpg

:D :thumbsup:

$2.98 for breakfast, enjoy it. Coffee over here is $4-$5, if you throw in breakfast, anything from $15-$30. Eating out for breakfast for us is a luxury. When i say $4-$5 for a coffee, that is ONE cup.:mad::thumbsup:

I share your anger my friend :mad: :thumbsup:

So amazing, just an amazing knife! The etch on the blade is out of this world!!!

I'm so glad you're pleased with it Taylor :) :thumbsup:

There all looking great knives folks. Having had a mediocre example of Wright's stag in the past I'm glad to see it looks terrific and the rosewood looks a cut above to. :thumbsup:

What's the story behind the statue Dave?

Vks6RKh.jpg

:cool: :thumbsup:

José and Jack, those are powerful stag/wood pairs you each selected for carry! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Cracker Jack again for me:
View attachment 1148011

- GT

Thanks GT, great to see Cracker Jack :thumbsup:

Good morning guys, as today is a holiday in Portugal, I am having fun here in the Forum and so put another picture of my Guardians 19!!:):thumbsup:

2zrhwt3.jpg

Beautiful wood Jose :) :thumbsup:

Blimey, you folks have been busy! :) :thumbsup:

Sorry I haven't been as involved lately, I've been dealing with some heavy personal stuff. But, I wanted to make sure and congratulate all the recent recipients of the new Hartshead Barlows...

Congratulations to all of you. The new Barlows look amazing and it makes me more and more excited to receive mine.

Sorry to hear that John, hope everything will be OK. Hope your Barlow arrives soon my friend :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

:) :thumbsup:

2QR0iXw.jpg

After I trim out all the old polyurethane, I sand it back smooth and round. This has got to be the most tedious part of refinishing these teak chairs.

Hope you're finding that Lambsfoot a useful tool for the job David :thumbsup:

Fab pic of your '19 Harvey :thumbsup:

If I didn't respond to a quote or comment, please forgive me.
Maybe I can catch up this weekend. :confused:

48090086812_ee2e37446b_h.jpg

The '19 from a day 'er two ago.
It's alllllmost Friday !

Looking good mate :thumbsup:

Thats awful :eek: some of our finer restaurants breakfast starts at $15 which by the way is minium wage these days.

Nice to see you back Dave :) Yes, prices here are shocking! o_O :thumbsdown:

Have a terrific Thursday.
IMG_1176.JPG

Lovely pic Preston :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians. The following show and tell is less about me, and more a tribute to Jack’s devotion to the Lambsfoot. His vision and enthusiasm is quit infectious.

The Barlows are simply wonderful as others have already pointed out. My two have hafts that although dissimilar, have a beauty that is most pleasing. Photographically and aesthetically, instead of two Barlows, I now have 4.:)
F401BC11-C186-48E6-A1B3-EFF0368DCE1A_zpshszlejl8.jpeg

2037947F-FCC7-4F42-824E-A721EFC90581_zpsxkzyngi7.jpeg

A6C6C59C-A601-4331-A8EB-7ADBD74E87AE_zps47blkw5a.jpeg

D5DF3FC7-9D1E-4B14-91C0-0711E9625E53_zpslrgm7tus.jpeg

Thank you Harvey, those are wonderful photos my friend :) :thumbsup:

Your welcome my friend these are all new discoverers for me as well. Once we get everything ship shape in a few more weeks I'm sure there will be more. :)

Always fun getting to know a new town :) :thumbsup:

Can you guess what's in my pocket today?
View attachment 1148073

:cool: :thumbsup:

Greetings Guardians...from Lake Tahoe kicking off another family adventure.
View attachment 1147883
View attachment 1147884
View attachment 1147885
View attachment 1147886

Superb photos Darren, have a fantastic family adventure :) I'm glad your photos are so memorable because the BF software dropped them from my quoted posts o_O Hope I haven't missed any others :rolleyes:

Hi folks,

Long day for me, and it is early evening here now. I'm going to get something to eat, and then hopefully hang out here a while :)

I found this old marlin spike on the market today, thought it was kind of cool :)

MVoqEbg.jpg

Superb photos Darren, have a fantastic family adventure :) I'm glad your photos are so memorable because the BF software dropped them from my quoted posts o_O Hope I haven't missed any others :rolleyes:

Hi folks,

Long day for me, and it is early evening here now. I'm going to get something to eat, and then hopefully hang out here a while :)

I found this old marlin spike on the market today, thought it was kind of cool :)

MVoqEbg.jpg
Enjoy your repast. Love Marlin Spikes. I’d call that one “The Persuader.:)

You chose the right knife for the job. :cool: :thumbsup:

Great picture. :cool: :thumbsup:

Blimey, you folks have been busy!

Hope you're finding that Lambsfoot a useful tool for the job David :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I've found the lambsfoot an exceptional tool for this job. I've discovered a technique that the shape of the handle and the shape of the tip is perfect for. Hard to describe but, I grasp the spindle in my left hand, place the blade into the grove,and use my left thumb on the sloped spine of the point to make controlled push cuts. The lambsfoot makes a great carpenter's knife imho.

Thanks, Jack :thumbsup::D because we moved all the office furniture out last night, I'm sitting in the middle of an empty room with my computer.:rolleyes: at least I have internet :p

:D :thumbsup:

Enjoy your repast. Love Marlin Spikes. I’d call that one “The Persuader.:)

Thanks Harvey :) I was invited to tour a rope factory. They do work for the Ministry of Defence here, so I couldn't take any photos unfortunately, but it was very interesting. The huge ropes used for securing oil-rigs and aircraft-carriers were still finished by hand by an old feller using a marlin spike like this one :)

The other thing I picked up also has an MOD connection, a hand-vice made by Shelley in 1953, and in nice condition I think :thumbsup:

5WIFCzM.jpg

F2KuiE9.jpg

Thanks guys, I've found the lambsfoot an exceptional tool for this job. I've discovered a technique that the shape of the handle and the shape of the tip is perfect for. Hard to describe but, I grasp the spindle in my left hand, place the blade into the grove,and use my left thumb on the sloped spine of the point to make controlled push cuts. The lambsfoot makes a great carpenter's knife imho.

That's good to hear David, I'm glad its found a use with you :) :thumbsup:

You're giving that Lambsfoot some use John :) :thumbsup:
Every day, Jack. :)

Here’s to you navigating the personal dealings into smooth sailing.
Thanks, Harvey. It's getting easier day by day.

Sorry to hear that John, hope everything will be OK.
Just a matter of time, Jack. Thanks for the good thoughts. :)

Have a terrific Thursday.
IMG_1176.JPG
Lovely picture, now get back on that weedeater. :D

You are an artist with a camera!
I want you or Dwight to photo all my knives. :)

View attachment 1148073
Good choice Taylor. :cool: :thumbsup:

What a great find, Jack. :cool: :thumbsup:

You had a very productive day at the market. :cool: :thumbsup:

ieNn5wc.jpg

He almost got away with it, too. But now I'm wearing Saltwater Croc boots! ;)
Love that picture, one of the best yet. :)

ieNn5wc.jpg

Very good Vince! :D :thumbsup:

What a great find, Jack. :cool: :thumbsup:

You had a very productive day at the market. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you John :) I find very little there apart from good conversation these days, but was pleased with these two items :) :thumbsup:

This big package showed up today. I was amazed at all the generosity that was inside, it went a long way to brightening my mood. I thank you, Jack, for the personal touches that dwarf even the impressiveness of the knife. You are a truly fine person! I love the little robot and will enjoy the treats as soon as my other son comes home to enjoy them with me.

As far as the knife is concerned, I don't think I have the words to say how thrilled I am with it. I originally wanted the rosewood but (kind of reluctantly) changed over to the stag. I don't typically like stag because of the unevenness of the sides. But this has such well-matched sides it makes me very happy. I also don't like popcorn stag and was relieved to see this had nice subtle striped stag. In a quick sentence, the stag is perfect. I will echo everybody else on the rest of the knife, it is Wright's best work yet. Fit and finish is top notch, the design details that Jack put in are perfect, and it is a substantial cutting tool. Thanks for all your hard work, Jack.

Here's a quick photo, more to come later...

Fantastic flock of lambs, OG! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: And the geometric arrangement is phenomenal! ;)
Ron, Harvey, OG, Dylan, & Dave: outstanding observance of Wooden Wednesday in a lambsfoot way! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Cracker Jack again for me:
View attachment 1148011- GT
Thank you, GT. The arrangement occurred because I was running out of room on the small piece of black stuff I use for a background :eek:
Superb pic of your superb AC :thumbsup:
Sorry I haven't been as involved lately, I've been dealing with some heavy personal stuff. But, I wanted to make sure and congratulate all the recent recipients of the new Hartshead Barlows...
Congratulations to all of you. The new Barlows look amazing and it makes me more and more excited to receive mine.
Thank you my friend. Hang in there. Look forward to seeing you next time :thumbsup: - OG
2QR0iXw.jpg

After I trim out all the old polyurethane, I sand it back smooth and round. This has got to be the most tedious part of refinishing these teak chairs.
Lookin' GOOD, David :thumbsup:
Beautiful barlow Taylor. Can't get enough of em.
View attachment 1148048
Gonna have to rename that beauty "Tarzan"....cause.....it's.....always....in...a..tree :confused: Sorry, need more coffee
If I didn't respond to a quote or comment, please forgive me.
Maybe I can catch up this weekend. :confused:

48090086812_ee2e37446b_h.jpg

The '19 from a day 'er two ago.
It's alllllmost Friday !
Beautiful shot. Incidentally, I refer to your '19 as Laura - as in Twin Peaks ;) I like it when she shows her slip :rolleyes:
to many knives to little money!

IMG_1176.JPG
Yeah man, make that Senator earn it's keep :)
Good Morning Guardians. The following show and tell is less about me, and more a tribute to Jack’s devotion to the Lambsfoot. His vision and enthusiasm is quit infectious.
The Barlows are simply wonderful as others have already pointed out. My two have hafts that although dissimilar, have a beauty that is most pleasing. Photographically and aesthetically, instead of two Barlows, I now have 4.:)
F401BC11-C186-48E6-A1B3-EFF0368DCE1A_zpshszlejl8.jpeg

2037947F-FCC7-4F42-824E-A721EFC90581_zpsxkzyngi7.jpeg

A6C6C59C-A601-4331-A8EB-7ADBD74E87AE_zps47blkw5a.jpeg

D5DF3FC7-9D1E-4B14-91C0-0711E9625E53_zpslrgm7tus.jpeg
Great shots of two beauties. Grats. :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1148073
Pocket time is good time, Taylor. Grats :cool:
Nice pics and great finds! Grats :cool:
Right tool for the job gets it done every time. Way to go for finding the "Wright" tool to use ;)
ieNn5wc.jpg

Grats on rescuing your Lambsfoot from the jaws of doom. :thumbsup: Gotta show those creatures who's the boss :)

n2o1ihj.jpg

OG

Back