Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Wow!! The fantastic Shots of these beauties are coming through now!!!:eek: EACH and every one is such a good looking knife :thumbsup:

Talking of 'shots' Duncan, how did yours go my friend? :thumbsup:

Jack as a boy, my Dad used to take me with him to auction sales around the county. Usually, these were farms that were foreclosed or estate sales, you wouldn't believe the items from days gone by. :thumbsup::)

Yes indeed Dave, there is still treasure to be found :) :thumbsup: I could probably get by with a hammer, a set of pliers, and a couple of screwdrivers these days, but I can't fit all my old tools into four tool-boxes! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

This big package showed up today. I was amazed at all the generosity that was inside, it went a long way to brightening my mood. I thank you, Jack, for the personal touches that dwarf even the impressiveness of the knife. You are a truly fine person! I love the little robot and will enjoy the treats as soon as my other son comes home to enjoy them with me.

As far as the knife is concerned, I don't think I have the words to say how thrilled I am with it. I originally wanted the rosewood but (kind of reluctantly) changed over to the stag. I don't typically like stag because of the unevenness of the sides. But this has such well-matched sides it makes me very happy. I also don't like popcorn stag and was relieved to see this had nice subtle striped stag. In a quick sentence, the stag is perfect. I will echo everybody else on the rest of the knife, it is Wright's best work yet. Fit and finish is top notch, the design details that Jack put in are perfect, and it is a substantial cutting tool. Thanks for all your hard work, Jack.

Here's a quick photo, more to come later...

When I saw your post earlier John, I hoped your package would turn up today :) I hope Customs didn't filch one of the packs! :eek: I'm glad you like the knife too of course ;) Thanks for the kind words :thumbsup:

Nice pics and great finds! Grats :cool:

Right tool for the job gets it done every time. Way to go for finding the "Wright" tool to use ;)

Grats on rescuing your Lambsfoot from the jaws of doom. :thumbsup: Gotta show those creatures who's the boss :)

n2o1ihj.jpg

OG

Thanks buddy, nice pic :) :thumbsup:

This big package showed up today. I was amazed at all the generosity that was inside, it went a long way to brightening my mood. I thank you, Jack, for the personal touches that dwarf even the impressiveness of the knife. You are a truly fine person! I love the little robot and will enjoy the treats as soon as my other son comes home to enjoy them with me.

As far as the knife is concerned, I don't think I have the words to say how thrilled I am with it. I originally wanted the rosewood but (kind of reluctantly) changed over to the stag. I don't typically like stag because of the unevenness of the sides. But this has such well-matched sides it makes me very happy. I also don't like popcorn stag and was relieved to see this had nice subtle striped stag. In a quick sentence, the stag is perfect. I will echo everybody else on the rest of the knife, it is Wright's best work yet. Fit and finish is top notch, the design details that Jack put in are perfect, and it is a substantial cutting tool. Thanks for all your hard work, Jack.

Here's a quick photo, more to come later...
Grats! Good pic :thumbsup:

That's good John, I had visions of customs officers sat around eating your biscuits! :D :thumbsup:

This is one of the packets! :D :thumbsup:

9VhByYu.jpg
Lol... Yup, that is a funny thought.
I will save the treats until Sunday when both of my boys and I can try them together.
My son saw the pin and commented on the Yorkshire rose. I forgot he spent a couple of months in York on a school exchange program back in high school. No wonder he knew what Harts meant. :D He has very fond memories of the walled city. :) :thumbsup:

Lol... Yup, that is a funny thought.
I will save the treats until Sunday when both of my boys and I can try them together.
My son saw the pin and commented on the Yorkshire rose. I forgot he spent a couple of months in York on a school exchange program back in high school. No wonder he knew what Harts meant. :D He has very fond memories of the walled city. :) :thumbsup:

LOL! He'd know York pretty well after two months :) Though there is always something new to find there, I do, even after 50 years of fairly regular visits :) :thumbsup:

I'm sure he'll recognise this spot :thumbsup:

HgWmMQM.jpg

LOL! He'd know York pretty well after two months :) Though there is always something new to find there, I do, even after 50 years of fairly regular visits :) :thumbsup:

I'm sure he'll recognise this spot :thumbsup:

HgWmMQM.jpg
He said it's an old monastery in the park.
And now that you've had me talking so much, I have to include some Lambsfoot content. ;) Pile side...

I regret that it was necessary to remove some posts from this thread today, a rare event, and I hope it won't be needed again. Thanks to those that keep The Porch a great place to hang out, and who have enough work to do without us Guardians causing them more :) :thumbsup:
Thank you for looking out for the well being of this marvelous and extremely enjoyable thread. An onerous task to be sure, but greatly appreciated.

I’m one of the guilty parties. I apologize to Jack and all the Guardians for my stupidity. I should know better. I do know better.

All cleaned up now Harvey, and I hope that our newer poster will go and read the sub-forum guidelines. This is a great place to post, and a lot better for the lack of commercial discussion I think. Of course, it helps that we have such a great bunch of regular members here, including your good self :thumbsup:

Cool pic David, is that a Baikal? :thumbsup:

You've a good eye Jack yes it is. An IJ-36 (or 38) in .177. Cold War era of course.

The Barlows are simply wonderful as others have already pointed out. My two have hafts that although dissimilar, have a beauty that is most pleasing. Photographically and aesthetically, instead of two Barlows, I now have 4.:)
F401BC11-C186-48E6-A1B3-EFF0368DCE1A_zpshszlejl8.jpeg

2037947F-FCC7-4F42-824E-A721EFC90581_zpsxkzyngi7.jpeg

A6C6C59C-A601-4331-A8EB-7ADBD74E87AE_zps47blkw5a.jpeg

D5DF3FC7-9D1E-4B14-91C0-0711E9625E53_zpslrgm7tus.jpeg

Great shots! The stag is just like I've seen on U.S made knives. Very pleasing to the eye. :thumbsup:

The painters just called and wont be showing up until Saturday now!! :mad:

Sorry to hear that Dave. You'll just have to go the pub. Or the ice cream parlour. Or the pizza place...

I found this old marlin spike on the market today, thought it was kind of cool :)

MVoqEbg.jpg

I've no use for one whatsoever but that marlin spike is fantastic! :cool::thumbsup:

Just listening to the rain and the hail.
neBwSAv.jpg

Back