Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Wait! What? That's what it's for? Crikey! I've been using the wrong tin this whole time. No wonder it won't close!

V2JZy6Bh.jpg

:D :D

That's a lot of lambsfoot loveliness you've got nestled in there. :thumbsup:

Does it fit Greg?! :eek: I better start eating Smints! :D :thumbsup:

I'm not so sure I don't agree with you Harvey. This ebony is really richly black. I hope the 2019 BF knives have this quality ebony.View attachment 1151127
That is some beautiful Ebony Dwight! :thumbsup: I hope mine is that rich and dark! :) I’m afraid the BF knives won’t have that same quality Ebony, after all they’re African Blackwood! ;) :D

Thank you kindly Ron. Your two Barlows are equally beautiful. Hoping your Waynorth arrives soon.

JohnDF JohnDF You’re a cruel Cookie Monster, John, with an excellent image.

Fodderwing Fodderwing I completely agree with you. It’s the richness of the Black. Also that’s what I always loved about all the Guardians’ Ebony Lamb. Happy for you, Brother.
Thanks Harvey! I just paid the invoice for my Waynorth’s this morning! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks Ron, I'll pass that on :) When I decided to have the slips made, I asked around, and people recommended various tailors, but I thought the money I'd give to a tailor might be of more use to someone else. Ray is a feller I know who has a market stall, him and his missus Joanne have been together their whole lives, have a bunch of kids, and still have some of them, and a grandkid or two, living with them. Ray works hard, and they're happy, but they don't have a lot of money. When I said I'd rather pay someone I knew, who could use the money, Ray said his missus could do them, and I think she did a great job :) :thumbsup:
Jack my friend, you made an excellent decision to have Joanne make our slips. You’re a good man Jack Black! :thumbsup: :D

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get hold of a quality cardboard box here Greg! Half the ones I buy online I can't use :thumbsdown: I spend a lot of time thinking about how I am going to package things, and getting the packaging as cheaply as I can. The postage is dear enough as it is! o_O Talking of packaging, when the dust settles, I'd be interested to know if anyone has any plans for their tins, I thought they were a nice size :) :thumbsup:

That's unfortunate. But, I'm not surprised at all that you take such good care for your packages, even if it causes you a bit of consternation.

You know, I hadn't really thought about it, but the Hartshead will be spending most of its time in my pocket or being on-deck, so the tin does need to find a good use. I think I'll use it to hold the little first aid kit that I tuck into my pack when I'm going to be whittling away from home. It'll be a huge upgrade from the Ziploc snack bag that's holding it now. :)

Wow, wow, wow! Dwight, this is my favorite photo of a Hartshead photo so far. Well done, sir!

Finally, my wonderful beauties arrived, I'm delighted, congratulations Jack and also for A. Wright!!!:D:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Congratulations! They're a lovely pair, and beautifully photographed as well.

Admirable job of putting your investment to work, Greg! ;):cool::cool: I liked the lambfoots equation, even though I was a little slow in catching on to the symbolic representation! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm glad you noticed the symbols. They weren't quite as obvious as I'd hoped they'd be, but I decided to press on anyway. ;)

Decided to go ahead and get on with the patina...love the satin finish on the Barlow's...never thought it right to have a fully polished bolster on a working mans knife.

Fantastic to see. I'm definitely pro-patina when it comes to A. Wright Lambsfoot blades. It can be a bit slow to form, but turns out quite lovely, in my opinion. :thumbsup:

When I decided to have the slips made, I asked around, and people recommended various tailors, but I thought the money I'd give to a tailor might be of more use to someone else. Ray is a feller I know who has a market stall, him and his missus Joanne have been together their whole lives, have a bunch of kids, and still have some of them, and a grandkid or two, living with them. Ray works hard, and they're happy, but they don't have a lot of money. When I said I'd rather pay someone I knew, who could use the money, Ray said his missus could do them, and I think she did a great job :) :thumbsup:

Great story, Jack. Thanks for sharing it. I agree with the others' assessment of its quality. Very well made, indeed. :thumbsup:

9Kd3HkE.jpg

What a great knife

It sure is, Taylor. And I love seeing yours in all the interesting photos you post. Keep 'em coming. :thumbsup: :)

Thanks Ron, I'll pass that on :) When I decided to have the slips made, I asked around, and people recommended various tailors, but I thought the money I'd give to a tailor might be of more use to someone else. Ray is a feller I know who has a market stall, him and his missus Joanne have been together their whole lives, have a bunch of kids, and still have some of them, and a grandkid or two, living with them. Ray works hard, and they're happy, but they don't have a lot of money. When I said I'd rather pay someone I knew, who could use the money, Ray said his missus could do them, and I think she did a great job
Of all the pocket slips I own these are by far my favorites. I will probably never use any of the others from now on. The material is exquisite and her workmanship spot on. Thanks again Jack!

That is some beautiful Ebony Dwight! :thumbsup: I hope mine is that rich and dark! :) I’m afraid the BF knives won’t have that same quality Ebony, after all they’re African Blackwood!
... :D ... thanks for the reminder... :D ...

Wow, wow, wow! Dwight, this is my favorite photo of a Hartshead photo so far. Well done, sir!
Thank you Greg. I appreciate that!

IMG_3504.jpeg

@Pt-Luso The wait was worth it. They’re beautiful. Congratulations, José.

dc50 dc50 very cool image Dave. You’ve got the touch.

Jack Black Jack Black -Waiting for a much desired package taking its’ sweet time. Bummed even(first world problems). Then, unexpectedly, another package, bringing a big happy grin to my face. Your package with an intact, fresh as can be, Yorkshire Parkin. The real deal. Dense, tangy, chewy, and gooey. Delicious! Thank you so much. So kind of you. Love the Friend of Yorkshire pin and key chain, too.
View attachment 1151098
Thank you very much, Harvey, Those pastry pics are about as tempting as the buy now button for a new knife! :p

Jack Black Jack Black -Waiting for a much desired package taking its’ sweet time. Bummed even(first world problems). Then, unexpectedly, another package, bringing a big happy grin to my face. Your package with an intact, fresh as can be, Yorkshire Parkin. The real deal. Dense, tangy, chewy, and gooey. Delicious! Thank you so much. So kind of you. Love the Friend of Yorkshire pin and key chain, too.
View attachment 1151098
Congrats :) It's BEAUTY :cool:

My apologies, Dave. I just realized I'd neglected to reply to this. Thanks for the commiseration/encouragement. It's gonna take me a long time to hit the 500lb mark, but I'll keep chipping away at it slowly. :)
No worries Greg I'm pretty sure I've missed a baker's dozen in reply. When I started as an apprentice all I had to use was a 15lb hand crank stuffer,so when you had an order of 100 lbs or so it was a lot of casings and a lot of cranking. About the time I was ready to leave the butcher shop the owner bought a power stuffer that held 75lbs at a time.:rolleyes: The one positive was, I could arm wrestle guys twice my size after that. :p

Hey Guardians...Glad to finally join!

I have an A. Wright question. I ordered a 4” Lambfoot in stag, and when arrived I noticed the blade is way off center. This is obviously a main blade from a 2 blade model. Is this common?

QEMFYdK.jpg

XGMqspI.jpg

Hey Guardians...Glad to finally join!

I have an A. Wright question. I ordered a 4” Lambfoot in stag, and when arrived I noticed the blade is way off center. This is obviously a main blade from a 2 blade model. Is this common?

QEMFYdK.jpg

XGMqspI.jpg

Let's just say you aren't the first to get something like this from A.Wright.

Back