Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good question :) Well, I hadn't expected to be much more than an 'ordinary' thread, with a lot of focus on explaining the difference between the Lambsfoot and Sheepsfoot, which many members certainly didn't understand back then. That it has developed into such a fine community, and that so many folks now appreciate the Lambsfoot, has been incredibly rewarding, and I don't think there has ever been another thread like this on The Porch :) :thumbsup:

- and hats off to you, Jack..........a blimmin' wonderful thread :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There is such a great spirit and camaraderie on this particular forum, something I have never experienced anywhere else in all my years on forums, and this particular thread has become much of the glue that helps keep it strong, really strong - long may it continue..!

Dog training this morning, hope all Guardians have a great day.
Black 'n black:D:thumbsup:
IMG_1236.JPG

Not low hanging fruit at all, Dennis...mighty clever! Epic multi-quote post. Hope your health is as good as is your wit.

Thank you

You and David have a fun time!

I'd love to ride herd on that flock! Superb:thumbsup:

Guardians are the best of the best...I'm floored by the caring and thoughtfulness of the people here. If only the world was made up of Guardians!

Thanks Preston, that's a great pic :) One day we'll fill the world! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Fantastic pic Dave, what lovely colours :) :thumbsup:

Well put, Jack. I find it fairly easy to have lambfoot content and a side of conversation. I enjoy both immensely, but agree with the knife content with each post premise.:thumbsup:
Thanks for reminding us that everyone should feel welcome to post here, so long as it involves the love of the Lambsfoot.

Thank you very much Mark :) :thumbsup:

I look forward to your top shot, Jack! I think Wrights did a fine job of making a hand filling knife that is not too thick.:thumbsup:
I will sure try to do my part in keeping this thread non commercial and I applaud your efforts to as well, my friend.:thumbsup:

Thanks again my friend, I thought I better go and take a pic straightaway, otherwise I'll forget! :D I also realised I hadn't yet taken a photo of the pile-side yet! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

a9IwUXS.jpg

yVH5909.jpg

LRx8dkH.jpg

I'm going with Ironwood today!

CWqO3to.jpg

That's a smashing pic Mark :) :thumbsup:

When it's time to wear shoes, it's got to be Merrells.

According to my phone pedometer, I walked six miles in mine around Sheffield yesterday :thumbsup:

I was supposed to go fishing this morning... My wife and son wanted to go with me, but they drug their feet getting ready and now it's too late to hit the good fishing window. So, just sitting at home taking pictures of knives. :(

That's frustrating John (been there) :( Great pic though :) :thumbsup:

There's a lot of soul to that picture Mark;):) seriously, neat idea and beautiful Ironwood:thumbsup: I was gifted a very close twin to your Ironwood from Duncan and am in the process of "letting it sit partially open" to possibly (not always successful) soften the opening pull. I feel a bit inadequate (no comment Duncan)! being able to open it but in my defense, I've busted up both thumbs before and recently injured my left again:eek: needless to say, I will make it work so the beauty will be in my rotation soon:thumbsup:

LOL! :D Let me know if you're struggling too much Paul, and I'll swap you one with a softer pull :thumbsup: If you check out the index, there's also a good post by @Cambertree on the subject of softening a pull :thumbsup:

Thanks, Mark, I do love the toasty stag. I've wondered what I could do to produce that same color on the pile side.
te9fqLf.jpg

There's no doubt that Wright's could match their stag better :rolleyes: I know some folks have had good results with potassium permagenate :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words everyone! For reference, here's what my Venture looked like when I got it, LOL.

View attachment 1158453

I'm even more impressed now Glenn! That was in bad shape! :eek: Great rescue, did you jig the bone yourself? :thumbsup:

I’m carrying this wee Sambar today! Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :thumbsup: :D

43675769400_4a074d1f41_b_d.jpg

Smashing Ron :) :thumbsup:

Mornin' everyone!
Fyi... cupcakes are better with Lambsfoots!
TmypXRD.jpg

Very appealing :D :) :thumbsup:

Astonishingly good :) :thumbsup:

Not to worry, Dwight. We ended up taking a nice ride up the mountain, sight seeing.

Still having fun taking knife pictures... Beep-Bop-Boop

That's good to hear John, and another great pic :D :thumbsup:

A couple new Lambsfoot knives. A big thank you to Jack for making this happen!

View attachment 1158518

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

Gorgeous photo, Dwight! RALF, fresh this morning.

acd5mie.jpg

RALF is looking good :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black To the good times visit that I hope you and David are having. Cheers!

Good Morning Guardians.
96F39EF6-8788-48AF-BEC7-AFB0FFFC6D54_zpsbqxuvnqb.jpeg

Thank you Harvey, it was a good one :) Beautiful photo there my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, my friends, I couldn't sleep last night I was awake until 05:00 and just got up, sure am lucky I'm retired. :rolleyes: :)

Sorry to hear that Dave, hope you slept better last night :thumbsup:

Had to rescue some tiny white peaches this morning. #LambsfootToTheRescue ;)

Have a great week everyone!
pfwAHaZ.jpg

Nice pic :) :thumbsup:

A goooood morning to all the Lambsfoot people out there.
48237394137_e47d3ada13_h.jpg

Cool pic Kevin :D :thumbsup:

Lovely Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Good Evening Guardians

Nice to see that pic again my friend :D ;) :thumbsup:

Glad you had a good day with David Jack.View attachment 1158792

Thanks Dwight :) That looks like a fascinating read :thumbsup:

I noticed the MLB All Star game was on television tonight. It looks like the Lamb League is already ahead 4-0! :eek::D

48147914437_913ceaf839_b_d.jpg

Love that pic Ron :) :thumbsup:

jRPwGE9.jpg

Little touch up on the acusharp pocket diamond hone

Looking well-loved David :) :thumbsup:

Jack, you're not using that lovely stag HHB to help you create crop circles, are you? :eek::rolleyes::thumbsup:

Amazing how much spelling has changed! :eek::cool:

John and Mark, thanks for these interesting shots of your stag HHBs. Both knives appear to have a little more thickness or "swell" in the pile side stag, and I've discovered that I really like the way that makes a stag knife feel in my hand. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Splendid solution, Glenn! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: But the way you describe what you did so simply and nonchalantly reminded me of that old Dire Straits song about things not being as easy as they look:
That ain't workin', that's the way you do it!
Money for nothin', and your lambsfoots for free!

Preston, you'll probably notice that I'll often post two consecutive multi quote messages. That's the result of getting the 10K character limit error and having to split my original single too-long post into two parts. I wish there was a magic over-ride key though! :p:thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, John. :) That's one of my favorite pics of my rosewood lambsfoot, mainly because it makes the knife look so different from all the other pics. The wood seems darker, richer, "moister" than it appears in other photos (and I have no idea how I made it happen :rolleyes:).

Thanks for the kind words, Ron. :)

Incredible detail into the grain of your rosewood Hartshead lambsfoot Barlows, Dave & Jack & Dwight! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Jack, I hope your week improves from a less-than-auspicious beginning. :(
I appreciate your comments about my posts and Union Jack. :)

That Li'l Sambar is a real treat, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I totally believed you, Barry, mainly because I was so impressed a couple of years ago when you showed something you whittled while on a fishing trip. :cool::cool::thumbsup: I don't even remember what it was (a cowboy, maybe?), only that I thought you had abundant talent! I figured you could build a set of driftwood chairs if you could get a free weekend! :rolleyes::D

Berries aren't ripe yet, Greg, but your RWLFHHB sure is looking sweet! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I've been scouring the internet to find a good-condition copy of Lambsfoot Jokes for Dummies, but now I can relax and just PM Greg - he's got a million of 'em! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D

Very cool, FBC. :):cool::cool:
Are you going to post that lambish album in the LP thread?

I've also been stunned by the color and sheen of the Waynorth lambsfoot ebony! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Haven't I previously seen discussions on The Porch that deeply-black ebony was almost impossible to find now, or was perhaps a different species being discussed? :confused:

Congrats, Dave; that dark and rugged stag on both sides of your new lambsfoot HHB is superb! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Another shot of Union Jack:
View attachment 1158817

The LamBarJack is still within easy reach, too:
View attachment 1158820

- GT

LOL! :D Thanks for the kind comments GT, nice to see those two my friend :) :thumbsup:

Another fantastic pic Dennis :) :thumbsup:

This pair reminds me of the Blues Brothers, the HHB is Jake and the Waynorth is Elwood. :D
48209655582_f4d856ea94_h.jpg

:D :cool: :thumbsup:

- and hats off to you, Jack..........a blimmin' wonderful thread :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There is such a great spirit and camaraderie on this particular forum, something I have never experienced anywhere else in all my years on forums, and this particular thread has become much of the glue that helps keep it strong, really strong - long may it continue..!

Thanks a lot Paul :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians,

Hoping to catch up a little shortly, but I wanted to thank David donn donn for the great company in Sheffield, and also for the very generous Lancashire care package :) :thumbsup:

erijjIS.jpg

fPCAqaT.jpg

Naturally, we had a few pints to wash down the excellent conversation (my Rosewood Hartshead Barlow on the right, and David's new one in stag on the left) :)

u1iI4xh.jpg

Thanks again for your kindness David, and for the excellent crack yesterday :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians hope your well.
Yep like Jack says I had the pleasure of meeting up with this fine gentleman yesterday in the city of Sheffield to collect my Hartshead Barlow in person. I know a few folk on here have also met Jack, but let me say you couldn't possibly hope to meet a more decent, generous and interesting person. :):thumbsup: His knowledge of the Sheffield cutlery industry, and the history of Sheffield in general must surely be unrivaled, and he showed me buildings I'd walked past dozens of times previously which I hadn't a clue had been were major players in the industry had at one time been based. His stories of the industry are fascinating especially the antics of the "Saw and Machinists Union" :eek: (I hope I've remembered that correctly), and of the pubs we also visited. :thumbsup:
Jack, I'm glad you liked the care package! :D I expect to see you wearing those natty red and yellow colours come November :D.
I'll do a proper post later as my morning has suddenly turned busy and Imgur isn't playing at the mo. :rolleyes:

Anyway many thanks Jack for making the journey to deliver the Hartshead and for a great day out in general. :thumbsup: I've just briefly seen another post and apparently we walked 6 miles! :cool:

Smashing Ron :) :thumbsup:
Thank you my friend! :)

Love that pic Ron :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! I do too! :D

Wow, I think I actually got caught up! :D Hope I didn't miss too many posts :thumbsup:

Carrying stag today :thumbsup:

R83fo6T.jpg

That background is actually my jacket on top of a drystone wall on Saturday! :D
Great stag Jack! The pile side seems to match the mark side quite well! :thumbsup: I’m glad you and David donn donn were able to have a good visit! :cool: :D

Ebony and Rosewood for Wednesday! ;) Y’all have a great day! :D

48248395137_4b51be7f17_o_d.jpg

Incredible detail into the grain of your rosewood Hartshead lambsfoot Barlows, Dave & Jack & Dwight!
Thank you GT.

Missed this one yesterday. Fantastic photo, Dwight
Another Phenomenal Photo, Dwight!:eek::thumbsup: Always look forward to your shots!
:eek: Absolutely a stunner of a photo, Dwight!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: I don't think I could top that one!
Cool shot, Dwight! Seems like a cheerful book!
Thank you my friend for your thoughtful comments. :)

Mine again for the day/week!
Beautiful pic with the old lock.

Thank you Dwight, beautiful use of colours there
Astonishingly good
Thanks Dwight :) That looks like a fascinating read
Thanks Jack. A very well written and quite comprehensive work on the subject. You would enjoy it.

Thank you, Jack, a wee bit better last night :thumbsup::)

View attachment 1158959
I always love your pics with the gorgeous colors in them Dave.

Have a great day all.IMG_3796.jpeg

Morning Guardians hope your well.
Yep like Jack says I had the pleasure of meeting up with this fine gentleman yesterday in the city of Sheffield to collect my Hartshead Barlow in person. I know a few folk on here have also met Jack, but let me say you couldn't possibly hope to meet a more decent, generous and interesting person. :):thumbsup: His knowledge of the Sheffield cutlery industry, and the history of Sheffield in general must surely be unrivaled, and he showed me buildings I'd walked past dozens of times previously which I hadn't a clue had been were major players in the industry had at one time been based. His stories of the industry are fascinating especially the antics of the "Saw and Machinists Union" :eek: (I hope I've remembered that correctly), and of the pubs we also visited. :thumbsup:
Jack, I'm glad you liked the care package! :D I expect to see you wearing those natty red and yellow colours come November :D.
I'll do a proper post later as my morning has suddenly turned busy and Imgur isn't playing at the mo. :rolleyes:

Anyway many thanks Jack for making the journey to deliver the Hartshead and for a great day out in general. :thumbsup: I've just briefly seen another post and apparently we walked 6 miles! :cool:

I'm flattered David, the pleasure was mine, it was fantastic to spend some time with you :) Thank you for crossing over the hill my friend, I have that date in my diary ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack, a wee bit better last night :thumbsup::)

View attachment 1158959

That's good to hear David, I hope it's just a short-term thing :) Nice pic :) :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend! :)

Thanks Jack! I do too! :D

Great stag Jack! The pile side seems to match the mark side quite well! :thumbsup: I’m glad you and David donn donn were able to have a good visit! :cool: :D

Ebony and Rosewood for Wednesday! ;) Y’all have a great day! :D

48248395137_4b51be7f17_o_d.jpg

Great black n tan pairing Ron :) The matching isn't bad is it? I'm not entirely sure Wright's understand the notion in the way we might here, I have several of their knives where I prefer the stag on the pile side, but then others may have different taste in stag to me. The stag on that random pick matches better than on the fancy one I was gifted though, lovely as it is :) I don't really have a problem with it of course, as I am perfectly happy to have different types of stag on either side, so long as they both have some character :thumbsup:

2brsjVP.jpg

m6nt9cZ.jpg

Thanks Jack. A very well written and quite comprehensive work on the subject. You would enjoy it.

I always love your pics with the gorgeous colors in them Dave.

Have a great day all.View attachment 1158966

Thank you for the insight Dwight, I think I'll order a copy now before I forget the title! :D THat really is a superb pic :) :thumbsup:

That’s a cool Movie Poster-Like image of your Lamb, with a bit of mystery thrown in.
Thank you, Harvey. :)
My dog's name is Jack. My kid made that step stone with his name and paw print for me.

Del Fuego grain there John!
Thank you, Dennis. :)

Is he using the force to levitate the lamb?:eek::D;)
I believe Luke draws his Force powers from the Lambsfoot. :D

I knew that robots would steal our knives!!o_O:p we'll have to set up Skynet!!:D
Nice photo, John!:thumbsup:
Thanks, Dennis. :)
I think it's the other way around... My robot is protecting my Lamb from Skynet. That's the way Jack reprogrammed him. :D

Nice Jack, John!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
It's a Jack, given to me by Jack, resting on Jack. It's a Jack Jack Jack. :D

Don't know much about punk, but like the Ramones and Patti Smith. And Elvis Costello. And Blondie. If they count.
The Ramones definitely count!!! :cool: :thumbsup:

Great to see the wolf! :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack.. :)

According to my phone pedometer, I walked six miles in mine around Sheffield yesterday :thumbsup:
Six miles is a nice stroll for you. It would be a major hike for me. :D

That's frustrating John (been there) :( Great pic though :) :thumbsup:
Can't get mad though... Family First! ;)

That's good to hear John, and another great pic :D :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. Even though I didn't get to fish, it was still a nice morning with family and mountains. :cool: :thumbsup:
I drove by an old fishing hole, hoping to get out and stretch our legs. I wanted to take some Lambsfoot pictures down by the river. However, the powers-that-be decided to put up guard rails and took away all the parking space. :mad:

Nice to see that pic again my friend :D ;) :thumbsup:
I shot that one fresh for you yesterday. :D

Back